• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Is your coach a goner after this year?

Comment

Comment

Re: Hogs vs Buffs

I'm pretty sure Wilkinson calls the offense, but the coaching roster also shows Phil Serchia, our OL coach, as the Run Game Coordinator so not sure what that means. Either way, I believe our playbook isn't bad, but we definitely need help on the OL (last night's starters were a 3 RS Fr, 1 RS So and a RS Jr). I know I've sounded like the "wait until next year" guy, but I really believe our OL will be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
          I'm pretty sure Wilkinson calls the offense, but the coaching roster also shows Phil Serchia, our OL coach, as the Run Game Coordinator so not sure what that means. Either way, I believe our playbook isn't bad, but we definitely need help on the OL (last night's starters were a 3 RS Fr, 1 RS So and a RS Jr). I know I've sounded like the "wait until next year" guy, but I really believe our OL will be much better.
          Detmer can boot and scoot. Pretty good rifle, too.

Kingsville playbook makes WT's playbook look like a 7th grade intro to FB. If your AD and Pres decide to move on, I hope Hughes hires Wilkinson as OC. Put the Pueblo boys back together.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            Detmer can boot and scoot. Pretty good rifle, too.

Kingsville playbook makes WT's playbook look like a 7th grade intro to FB. If your AD and Pres decide to move on, I hope Hughes hires Wilkinson as OC. Put the Pueblo boys back together.

Comment

Any chance the looming merger is causing the powers that be to hold off on spending $s at the KV campus.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                Any chance the looming merger is causing the powers that be to hold off on spending $s at the KV campus.
                Very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                  Both teams smelled like 6 day old Vietnamese fish sauce.

Actually, I thought Kingsville came to play. Your intensity and enthusiasm exceeded WT's. You pretty much moved the ball at will. A few key defensive lapses allowed WT's pathetic offense to score when it looked they couldn't even pick up consecutive first downs all night.
                  Those big lapses have been a dime a dozen for our defense for the balance of the season. Even Western New Mexico and Highlands took a few to the house on long runs.

BTW I can't even imagine what 6 day old Vietnamese fish sauce smells like. My gosh it makes me want to puke just typing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                    Those big lapses have been a dime a dozen for our defense for the balance of the season. Even Western New Mexico and Highlands took a few to the house on long runs.

BTW I can't even imagine what 6 day old Vietnamese fish sauce smells like. My gosh it makes me want to puke just typing about it.
                    just go to any Asian restaurant and hang out in the kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                      I really don't know. I hope the planning is on going as if it is NOT going to happen.

If it's still in the cards and the A&M system is gung ho about getting it done on the fast track, the legislative season is just around the corner in Austin. That's the way I understand A&M was looking towards accomplishing it vs trying to get the two factions to hold hands here locally and jump off the cliff together.

I know Javs Fan noted because a Capital Campaign is on going, there are certain steps that have to be crossed before full disclosure of what is going to happen is made public. I have no reason to dispute that, but at the end of the day if it includes major funding for our facilities, I hope the powers to be allow the cat to come out of the bag as soon as they can or at least find away to let some of the details out. We need any and all the help we can get to create buzz regardless if we change coaching regimes or not. But if we do, it would be a nice card he could play when it comes to helping him build his recruiting strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        just go to any Asian restaurant and hang out in the kitchen.
                        Its kind of like the saying about Vegas... Right?

Comment

The defense has been all or nothing in recent games. Loading the box and when the backs get through the line, there's no one to stop them.

WT - 4 plays = 279 yards, 4 TDs, while the rest of the game, 39 plays = 84 yards
                          WNMU - 4 plays = 203 yards, 4 TDs, rest of game 64 plays = 131 yards

Big play flood started in prior two games.
                          Tarleton - 3 plays = 200 yards 3 TDs,
                          MSU - 3 plays = 164 yards 3 TDs + 2 special teams TDs = 130 yards
                          Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                            The defense has been all or nothing in recent games. Loading the box and when the backs get through the line, there's no one to stop them.

WT - 4 plays = 279 yards, 4 TDs, while the rest of the game, 39 plays = 84 yards
                            WNMU - 4 plays = 203 yards, 4 TDs, rest of game 64 plays = 131 yards

Big play flood started in prior two games.
                            Tarleton - 3 plays = 200 yards 3 TDs,
                            MSU - 3 plays = 164 yards 3 TDs + 2 special teams TDs = 130 yards
                            This has to be the most frustrating stat of our team. I know if we go back a couple of years, we'll see the same thing happening. It may not be to this extent, but our defense has been showing this same pattern for a couple of years: hold, hold, hold, hold, then boom... big play for a TD. Like you said, all or nothing.

Comment

This has to be the most frustrating stat of our team. I know if we go back a couple of years, we'll see the same thing happening. It may not be to this extent, but our defense has been showing this same pattern for a couple of years: hold, hold, hold, hold, then boom... big play for a TD. Like you said, all or nothing.

Comment

We haven't had a strong LB corps in several seasons. Probably going back to playoff days when we played NWMSU.

Like RamFamAlum said, you either win or die playing almost exclusively man to man. But if you don't have to overall personnel on the entire defense to change up schemes, you have to roll the dice and roll with which coverage packages that give you a chance.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X