Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TSU VS Azusa Pacific

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
    There is alot truth in the BOLDED part of your statement. And like you said in a post last night, they could of dumped another 84 points on us if they wanted too. Unless Whitten departs again, this is long term deal for Tarleton. Unless the NCAA comes knocking on the door to say "hi."

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
      With Lonn as AD and his son at the helm of the men's program, I have a hard time buying that...
      Pretty sure he knows Basketball is not going to get them into the FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        Pretty sure he knows Basketball is not going to get them into the FCS.
        No one is disputing that. Football upgrades were needed to get into FCS. But saying that they weren't going to be a basketball school and be a football school off one project is ridiculous.

Tech has spent WAY more money on football than basketball or baseball, but it is definitely a basketball/baseball school. Not a football school.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
          No one is disputing that. Football upgrades were needed to get into FCS. But saying that they weren't going to be a basketball school and be a football school off one project is ridiculous.

Tech has spent WAY more money on football than basketball or baseball, but it is definitely a basketball/baseball school. Not a football school.
          Tech wants to be a football school but has moved in the direction you are talking about because since Leach left there has been little to cheer about. Whereas, success has been flourishing in those sports.

But, in the case of Tarleton they are dominating and the area is football country. If they can continue to win and build a tradition things will change. Everybody loves a winner. Even fair weather fans!!

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            Tech wants to be a football school but has moved in the direction you are talking about because since Leach left there has been little to cheer about. Whereas, success has been flourishing in those sports.

But, in the case of Tarleton they are dominating and the area is football country. If they can continue to win and build a tradition things will change. Everybody loves a winner. Even fair weather fans!!
            As a Longhorn fan, I apologize that our defense made that game close the other night. I was thinking that boneheaded call by KK in the first half that gave us the ball the lead a few plays later might of helped the process along.

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
              TSU won the LSC Football Title?

Or are we talking about the TSU Huntsville Ellis Unit Basketball team?

You being a grad of TSU have had to endure a miserable existence without much TSU Football success.

So enjoy this year's rare occurrence.

Enjoy the moment.
              Was there when we went to the Semi Finals with Witten and crew with Steve Kelly at QB and have seen them beat the crap out of TAMUK more times than I can count in all sports so thanks for the good luck wishes. Best of luck recruiting people to Norte Mexico. Kids would rather go to Cameron than Kingsville.

Comment

https://tarletonsports.com/news/2018...-saturday.aspx

We will be having a live football gameday show before playing Azusa Pacific. Signs are welcome and encouraged. This is going to be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                  Was there when we went to the Semi Finals with Witten and crew with Steve Kelly at QB and have seen them beat the crap out of TAMUK more times than I can count in all sports so thanks for the good luck wishes. Best of luck recruiting people to Norte Mexico. Kids would rather go to Cameron than Kingsville.
                  Quarterfinals, not semis and despite our recent ineptitude, Javelinas still have a 22-11 edge in football.
                  Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

As a Longhorn fan, I apologize that our defense made that game close the other night. I was thinking that boneheaded call by KK in the first half that gave us the ball the lead a few plays later might of helped the process along.
                    Last edited by Techster88; 11-12-2018, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post
                      First NCAA Playoff Homegame in Tarleton's history? YOU BETTER BELIEVE THAT I AM GOING TO BE THERE

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                        Quarterfinals, not semis and despite our recent ineptitude, Javelinas still have a 22-11 edge in football.

Facts don't matter right now, the Brokebacks are just giddy.

Good for the Purple Pooh.
                        Last edited by HOGSVRR; 11-12-2018, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Fact don't matter right now, the Brokebacks are just giddy.

https://youtu.be/t7rPFVxmoXY

Comment

Fact don't matter right now, the Brokebacks are just giddy.

Whereas the Piggies are sitting at home reminiscing.

Comment

Originally posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
                              It was an entertaining game for sure!

Man look at that crowd! We can't even get a third of that number now. :disapointed::disapointed:

Comment

It was an entertaining game for sure!

Man look at that crowd! We can't even get a third of that number now. :disapointed::disapointed:

Before that fantastic FG by Tarleton, they completed a 29 yard pass on 4th and 28, freaking good game.

Yeah, we lost, but I was glad to have been there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X