X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
    private schools easily recruit good athletes due to the perceived value of a degree from said school.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

you mean UT Dallas?
    yes sorry!

Leave a comment:

• Herb Street
    replied
    Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

The article I shared had comments about how st mary would like to be d1 but they have to go through d2 first.

you mean UT Dallas?

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    The article I shared had comments about how st mary would like to be d1 but they have to go through d2 first.

Leave a comment:

• Herb Street
    replied
    Originally posted by catatonic View Post

Interesting. Private schools are at a huge recruiting disadvantage in D2 where all but a handful of players receive partial scholarships. With tuition at private schools running double or triple that of public universities, players at private schools have to come up with a lot more money to cover the gap between what their scholarship pays and the cost of attendance.
    Last edited by Herb Street; 10-23-2019, 07:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied

Also I take it these are probably private schools?
    Interesting. Private schools are at a huge recruiting disadvantage in D2 where all but a handful of players receive partial scholarships. With tuition at private schools running double or triple that of public universities, players at private schools have to come up with a lot more money to cover the gap between what their scholarship pays and the cost of attendance.

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Now that UT Tyler has moved up, only two of the D2 schools in Texas are public: Sul Ross State, which has football, and UT Dallas, which doesn't.
    https://utdmercury.com/utd-considers-dii-move/

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Dont know. Of course St Mary's is and I think the D3 is....but thats a guess.
    Now that UT Tyler has moved up, only two of the D2 schools in Texas are public: Sul Ross State, which has football, and UT Dallas, which doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

Dont know. Of course St Mary's is and I think the D3 is....but thats a guess.

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    Its no secret....3 schools are looking to add football in LSC from what I am told. With a 4th considering moving up to DII. Wasn't told which schools yet.

BUT, it is very early in the process. Never know what is going to happen.

I heard St Mary's had a big donor step up, much like UIW did. The info came at a luncheon at UD from an individual with the Dallas Diocese.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

If true i will be very pleased.

I know when Wayland restarted their football program it was with the intention of wanting to move up to D2 eventually.

11 schools would be great, 1 ooc game a piece would be great, although i would rather we go to a system where we can get at least 3 per year like the old days of north south except this time i recon it would be more east west.
    I too enjoyed the two divisions.

However, gotta be careful it doesn't become too tough of a conference.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Congrats. I shall boo you from the common rabble.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Yes Sir....that's an HONOR.....don't screw it up!!! Wear with PRIDE! ;)

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    Its no secret....3 schools are looking to add football in LSC from what I am told. With a 4th considering moving up to DII. Wasn't told which schools yet.

BUT, it is very early in the process. Never know what is going to happen.

I heard St Mary's had a big donor step up, much like UIW did. The info came at a luncheon at UD from an individual with the Dallas Diocese.
    If true i will be very pleased.

I know when Wayland restarted their football program it was with the intention of wanting to move up to D2 eventually.

11 schools would be great, 1 ooc game a piece would be great, although i would rather we go to a system where we can get at least 3 per year like the old days of north south except this time i recon it would be more east west.

Leave a comment:

• Vulpes88
    replied
    Congrats. I shall boo you from the common rabble.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X