Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McDonough Resigns as WT Offensive Coordinator!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: McDonough Resigns as WT Offensive Coordinator!

I know they have also offered:

Jewmonte Lewis DB, Tyler JC
    Tuciano Pope DB, Blinn JC
    Zech Hopkins DE/OLB Blinn JC
    Marcus Rosser CB San Diego Mesa College

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
      I know they offered NE Oklahoma A&M QB Guy Myers. 6'6". Led NEO A&M to a #14 finish in JUCO. I couldn't find any video of his time at NEO A&M but here is his video when he was at Mississippi Delta Community College. Doesn't look to bad. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4245166...fa7f1d48e5d943
      The only thing I found about Myers is that in his final game this year, he threw for 250 yards with 4 interceptions. The team had a total of 502 yards on offense.

Trying to find anything on that school's website is impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
        The only thing I found about Myers is that in his final game this year, he threw for 250 yards with 4 interceptions. The team had a total of 502 yards on offense.

Trying to find anything on that school's website is impossible.
        His stats weren't all that impressive. Around a 50% completion percentage with quite a few picks last year. But he had some rushing yards and appears to be pretty mobile.

njcaaregion14.com/sports/fball/2018-19/teams/northeasternoklahomaaampmcollege?view=lineup&r=0&p os=off

Can't get the hyperlink to work om my phone, sorry
        Last edited by Buff Fan 05; 12-10-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
          I know they offered NE Oklahoma A&M QB Guy Myers. 6'6". Led NEO A&M to a #14 finish in JUCO. I couldn't find any video of his time at NEO A&M but here is his video when he was at Mississippi Delta Community College. Doesn't look to bad. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4245166...fa7f1d48e5d943
          Myers certainly looks more mobile than the two non-scrambling cadavers we have right now.

Comment

Any updates on the OC position? I was told there were over 100 applications but that's all I know.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                Any updates on the OC position? I was told there were over 100 applications but that's all I know.
                100 applicants. WOW. Isn't that more than applied for the SFA HC position and the Texas State HC position ?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  100 applicants. WOW. Isn't that more than applied for the SFA HC position and the Texas State HC position ?
                  100 applicants just tells us how many FB coaches out there realize WT needs help on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                    100 applicants just tells us how many FB coaches out there realize WT needs help on offense.
                    Or what a great opportunity it is. Look at Colby. From a coordinator at WT to a DII HC who won a NC to a FCS HC. And did it quickly too.

Comment

Or what a great opportunity it is. Look at Colby. From a coordinator at WT to a DII HC who won a NC to a FCS HC. And did it quickly too.
                      My statement was (mostly) in jest.

If Hughes has 100 applicants, it is an indication that many in the coaching ranks believe the current WT staff is getting the foundation for success right. And, that the OC opportunity at WT could lead to bigger things in a 3 or 4 year time frame.

Comment

My statement was (mostly) in jest.

If Hughes has 100 applicants, it is an indication that many in the coaching ranks believe the current WT staff is getting the foundation for success right. And, that the OC opportunity at WT could lead to bigger things in a 3 or 4 year time frame.
                        Yes. That's what I would assume.

I wonder the caliber of the applicants. Any info on that?

Comment

Don't know. I've been out of the loop. 2 weeks into a broken shoulder.

Comment

Nothing on that end. It was about a week and a half ago when I was told there were over 100 applicants and Hughes was starting to go through them all. Was told Hughes will be deliberate as this is an important hire and likely make or break him

Comment

They just had the monthly sports luncheon today at Amarillo Country Club.

My friend reported that Hunter said he had 137 applications for the OC position. According to Hughes, among those are some outstanding applicants. Hughes said he's taking his time. He said it's very important to hire the right coach. He hopes to have someone by the first of the year or shortly thereafter.

He also said they have some good juco commits and that recruiting among HS kids and their coaches was upbeat, receptive, and very encouraging. WT's getting some respect again.
                              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 12-13-2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Don't know. I've been out of the loop. 2 weeks into a broken shoulder.
                                Sorry to hear, Chip. Get well soon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X