Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Haha good stuff. I'm ready to get read of the darn thing personally!
    You sure? Looks really good on you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

All they have to do is win. These last 4 games are all winnable, could be a historic season....
      Keep drinking the lime Koolaid. 70707

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
        It's going to be a long night. Had Wt beaten ASU I would have given us a chance. Our offence can't put up enough points.
        ENMU - 37
        Wt - 27
        Me doth believe you Sir are amiss.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Keep drinking the lime Koolaid. 70707
          We shall see old man!!

WT wins opponents combined records 8-26, they havent beat a single team with a winning record.

Opponents total 21-27

ENMU wins opponents records 14-21 beaten 2 teams better than. 500. opponents total record 27-22.

I'm not saying ENMU is for sure going to win....its not like they are playing some milk toast team like Angelo, I'm just saying it's not a stretch to say they are favored.

In Hughes tenure He has consistently been outcoached by Lee.

In the past 2 years combined ENMU has outscored WT 56-14 outgained them 936yds-288, ENMU has gotten 51 first downs to WT's 15. WT has been lucky to get back to the locker room with their uniforms intact.

If WT doesn't win, and they perform at this level again like the past 2 years Hughes shouldn't even be allowed back on the bus.

I honestly believe WT's close game vs Angelo was more indicative of Angelo let down after Tarleton rather than WT suddenly putting things together.
          Last edited by Boohaha; 10-25-2019, 03:01 AM.
          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

We shall see old man!!

WT wins opponents combined records 8-26, they havent beat a single team with a winning record.

Opponents total 21-27

ENMU wins opponents records 14-21 beaten 2 teams better than. 500. opponents total record 27-22.

I'm not saying ENMU is for sure going to win....its not like they are playing some milk toast team like Angelo, I'm just saying it's not a stretch to say they are favored.

In the past 2 years combined ENMU has outscored WT 56-14 outgained them 936yds-288, ENMU has gotten 51 first downs to WT's 15. WT has been lucky to get back to the locker room with their uniforms intact.

If WT doesn't win, and they perform at this level again like the past 2 years Hughes shouldn't even be allowed back on the bus.

I honestly believe WT's close game vs Angelo was more indicative of Angelo let down after Tarleton rather than WT suddenly putting things together.
            I would say that WT's defense is pretty good if they can get any help from their offense and I don't necessarily mean scoring points. If the offense can sustain some drives and not turn the football over deep in their end, WT's defense isn't bad at all and definitely not as bad as the scores they have had this year. That being said, in the 1st quarter ASU missed a 37 yd FG and Fumbled at the WT 21. Theoretically, it could have been 17-0 at the end of the 1st quarter because the WT defense couldn't stop ASU in the first quarter.
            I didn't realize how well ASU's defense played in the first half of that game. WT's offensive possessions looked like this: 1) 3 plays, -1 yard, 0:49 seconds 2) 4 plays, 9 yards, 1:25 3) 3 plays, 5 yards, 2:06 4) 3 plays, -3 yards, 1:27 5) 6 plays, 19 yards, 3:42, 6) 2 plays, 3 yards, 0:21 second (end of half). If I am looking at the stats correctly, WT had a total of 27 yards offense in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post

I would say that WT's defense is pretty good if they can get any help from their offense and I don't necessarily mean scoring points. If the offense can sustain some drives and not turn the football over deep in their end, WT's defense isn't bad at all and definitely not as bad as the scores they have had this year. That being said, in the 1st quarter ASU missed a 37 yd FG and Fumbled at the WT 21. Theoretically, it could have been 17-0 at the end of the 1st quarter because the WT defense couldn't stop ASU in the first quarter.
              I didn't realize how well ASU's defense played in the first half of that game. WT's offensive possessions looked like this: 1) 3 plays, -1 yard, 0:49 seconds 2) 4 plays, 9 yards, 1:25 3) 3 plays, 5 yards, 2:06 4) 3 plays, -3 yards, 1:27 5) 6 plays, 19 yards, 3:42, 6) 2 plays, 3 yards, 0:21 second (end of half). If I am looking at the stats correctly, WT had a total of 27 yards offense in the first half.
              With all due respect to Angelo, and by the way congratulations on the win, WT only plays one half of football, at least offensively.

No one seems to know why, so it's likely to be that way for the rest of the year. It's a shame since we have the best QB since Dustin. Hughes convinced Duke to stop dancing last week, so that's some progress. Going into the 8th game of the season with only a single FG is unbelievable.

I'm thinking this team could use some serious group therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

With all due respect to Angelo, and by the way congratulations on the win, WT only plays one half of football, at least offensively.

No one seems to know why, so it's likely to be that way for the rest of the year. It's a shame since we have the best QB since Dustin. Hughes convinced Duke to stop dancing last week, so that's some progress. Going into the 8th game of the season with only a single FG is unbelievable.

WT isn't far off, in my opinion. Not exactly sure what is missing, but a lot of the pieces are in place. Now to just get them to perform.
                That is one thing that I have been shocked by this year for ASU. About 90% of the 2 deep is the exact same as it was last year, but the results and look/feel of the team is completely different. I severely underestimated how much a change can make, if it is the right change and so far it appears ASU made the right change.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post

I could be wrong, or getting my games mixed up, but I think WT had 42 yards in offense in the first half last week.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

I could be wrong, or getting my games mixed up, but I think WT had 42 yards in offense in the first half last week.
                    The math I went by (and not saying it was actually correct) was just from the drive by drive stats from the box score. Regardless 27 or 42, thats a REALLY good defensive effort. Wish we could have performed close to that well in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

There is more truth in this than you think. Even if you have the right guys, they have to learn to win. It is a learned process. I mentioned to Coach Girsch last week after the game, that in the past few years a close game like this was the types of game that ASU would find a way to lose, and end up the year at 6-5 or 5-6 (see WT last year or the UCO bowl game). Hopefully it shows that the team has started to believe they can win and are seeing that come through on the field.

Comment

We shall see old man!!

Opponents total 21-27

Are you DENSE???? Did you flunk reading comprehension?

I was talking about you thinking ENMU was gonna win out. GEEESSSHHH. It wasnt that hard! (That's what she said).

Lime Koolaid anyone?????

Comment

"Valid point. Hughes talked about it all in his presser this week. Also talked about the kicker #42... Hughes said he was with him during practice the other day and he made 50 field goals. Must be a mental thing once he gets in the game"

I wonder if he was exaggerating because 50 Field goal kick in a single practice is way to many. If they are kicking that much in practice no wonder the kickers are struggling. Kicking is one of those things where more is better.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Are you DENSE???? Did you flunk reading comprehension?

I was talking about you thinking ENMU was gonna win out. GEEESSSHHH. It wasnt that hard! (That's what she said).

Lime Koolaid anyone?????
                            That's the we shall see old man part.....

I can't wait to hear another explicitive laced tirade from the ASU sideline as Wyatt pulls out another play like in 2017....."Are you FING KIDDING ME!" from the Ram sideline Music sweet music....as Strand picked up a botched pitch, rolling left ran toward the los, the Angelo d converged and Wyatt dropped a dime on the sideline to a reciever for a first down on a 3rd and 14.....
                            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

I can't wait to hear another explicitive laced tirade from the ASU sideline as Wyatt pulls out another play like in 2017....."Are you FING KIDDING ME!" from the Ram sideline Music sweet music....as Strand picked up a botched pitch, rolling left ran toward the los, the Angelo d converged and Wyatt dropped a dime on the sideline to a reciever for a first down on a 3rd and 14.....
                              Noticed you went to the 2017 game and not the 2018 game. I wonder why? ;)

Comment

Koolaid or not, Angelo will be the trainers that make your Doggies SIT, STAY, ROLL-OVER, and PLAY DEAD.

And, I think the word you were looking for is "EXPLETIVE". You gonna blame that on "fat thumbs" too? The brain is a terrible thing to waste.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X