Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texcap View Post

Noticed you went to the 2017 game and not the 2018 game. I wonder why? ;)
    Cause we lost???? HAHA different year different start.

The Hounds are by no means a national championship contender BUT.....IF they can make the playoffs I think it will go a long way to growing the program.

I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Koolaid or not, Angelo will be the trainers that make your Doggies SIT, STAY, ROLL-OVER, and PLAY DEAD.

And, I think the word you were looking for is "EXPLETIVE". You gonna blame that on "fat thumbs" too? The brain is a terrible thing to waste.
      naw spell check has ruined me pops...I'm not that good with those big $10 words! Just a lowly Hound.

Sadly I'm probably not going to make it to that game as we should be playing for the state championship that day! My oldest is a senior.

?Though it was seriously funny to hear after the long rain delay.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

Noticed you went to the 2017 game and not the 2018 game. I wonder why? ;)
        Lime KOOLAID!

He talks this crap every year!!! EVERY YEAR is gonna be the year of the "Dog". I have YET to see ENMU do anything. Their BEST season since 2009 was 8-2 and that included a win over West Liberty & SBU....AND BOOHOOHOO thought they should get a play-off bid.....LMAO. AND when the doggies have the normal mediocre or bad year, its because the playing field is not even.....yada yada yada!

But they NEED to deal with WT this week......THEN worry about the other 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

naw spell check has ruined me pops...I'm not that good with those big $10 words! Just a lowly Hound.

Sadly I'm probably not going to make it to that game as we should be playing for the state championship that day! My oldest is a senior.

?Though it was seriously funny to hear after the long rain delay.
          Football state championship?

Comment

Football state championship?
            yes sir! Will be the first State championship in boys sports ever in school history too if they win, we got 2nd last year.

Comment

Lime KOOLAID!

He talks this crap every year!!! EVERY YEAR is gonna be the year of the "Dog".

But they NEED to deal with WT this week......THEN worry about the other 3.
              Truth pops truth....

Comment

yes sir! Will be the first State championship in boys sports ever in school history too if they win, we got 2nd last year.
                Good luck. I hope y'all get that !

Comment

That seems REALLY soon! Our State Championship is Saturday, December 21st.

Ahhhh. The first one is the BEST. I am pulling for you guys! BEST of luck!

Comment

That seems REALLY soon! Our State Championship is Saturday, December 21st.

Ahhhh. The first one is the BEST. I am pulling for you guys! BEST of luck!
                    NM is small, we are a 6 man school, I won 4 in HS, so yea I'm excited! The girls programs here have 11 Basketball championships and 13 volleyball. Our school has traditionally struggled to keep enough boys to play, its flipped now.

Comment

NM is small, we are a 6 man school, I won 4 in HS, so yea I'm excited! The girls programs here have 11 Basketball championships and 13 volleyball. Our school has traditionally struggled to keep enough boys to play, its flipped now.
                      Thats great!!!! Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Thats great!!!! Good luck and keep us posted.
                        Thanks!

Comment

We shall see old man!!

WT wins opponents combined records 8-26, they havent beat a single team with a winning record.

Opponents total 21-27

ENMU wins opponents records 14-21 beaten 2 teams better than. 500. opponents total record 27-22.

I'm not saying ENMU is for sure going to win....its not like they are playing some milk toast team like Angelo, I'm just saying it's not a stretch to say they are favored.

In Hughes tenure He has consistently been outcoached by Lee.

In the past 2 years combined ENMU has outscored WT 56-14 outgained them 936yds-288, ENMU has gotten 51 first downs to WT's 15. WT has been lucky to get back to the locker room with their uniforms intact.

If WT doesn't win, and they perform at this level again like the past 2 years Hughes shouldn't even be allowed back on the bus.

I honestly believe WT's close game vs Angelo was more indicative of Angelo let down after Tarleton rather than WT suddenly putting things together.
                          1. I am particularly glad for you and your family that your job & career is not evaluated on the same basis that you use for Coach Hughes. His teams continue to improve, they play hard with more discipline than some previous years and he accepts responsibility win or lose.
                          2. You can believe whatever you want, but having experienced most of WT's games ASU let down was not the cause. Open the game with a big kickoff return, an easy 10 yard TD followed by another FG score - they were doing just fine, until WT got some traction & the usual 2nd half re-start.
                          3. Coach Hughes - conversation synopsis with him =
                          Me - WT won the ASU game on the field, won all the stats, but one official decided the game. The video replay shows no illegal downfield & raises questions on the official's reaction (flag not dropped until after the play is over by the umpire(!!!) after he checks to see a confirmed completion).
                          Hughes - no, we had multiple opportunities to win big, 2 missed FG, an offense that waited half the game to get started & two blown coverage plays on the opening kickoff & a 3rd quarter pass play. We have to play harder & better. League says flag should not have been thrown, but can't seem to get all officials to understand that this call should only come from the side judge. Now we just need to focus on stopping the triple option play.

No one hates losing anymore than I do, but I want to win honestly with quality character "student" athletes & coaches that do things the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post

1. I am particularly glad for you and your family that your job & career is not evaluated on the same basis that you use for Coach Hughes. His teams continue to improve, they play hard with more discipline than some previous years and he accepts responsibility win or lose.
                            2. You can believe whatever you want, but having experienced most of WT's games ASU let down was not the cause. Open the game with a big kickoff return, an easy 10 yard TD followed by another FG score - they were doing just fine, until WT got some traction & the usual 2nd half re-start.
                            Me - WT won the ASU game on the field, won all the stats, but one official decided the game. The video replay shows no illegal downfield & raises questions on the official's reaction (flag not dropped until after the play is over by the umpire(!!!) after he checks to see a confirmed completion).
                            Hughes - no, we had multiple opportunities to win big, 2 missed FG, an offense that waited half the game to get started & two blown coverage plays on the opening kickoff & a 3rd quarter pass play. We have to play harder & better. League says flag should not have been thrown, but can't seem to get all officials to understand that this call should only come from the side judge. Now we just need to focus on stopping the triple option play.

No one hates losing anymore than I do, but I want to win honestly with quality character "student" athletes & coaches that do things the right way.
                            There are no guarantees, but most likely WT wins the game if they don't take that TD off the board with 30 seconds left. Ridiculous call but it is what it is. I agree on Hughes, one thing I have always appreciated about him is he owns the losses and doesn't look for an out.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post

I appreciate what your saying but with the money, facilities and resources available to WT they should not be getting curb stomped by their neighbor to the west that is a much smaller, much lower funded program. Coach Hughes gets paid to produce a winning college football team in my job i get paid to do what they hired me to do, if i continued to not produce what i was hired to produce,and at a level of the last 2 seasons Hughes has against ENMU then yea i would fully expect to be fired. It comes with the territory when you get into coaching its cut throat.

I honestly don't know about this game this year, ENMU is much smaller up front on defense than they have ever been, Walts defense is built to bend and not break and try to generate turnovers, which they have done, even vs Commerce. The scary part is that the secondary seems to give up about 2 big plays a game, and gets another 2 big PI calls, if they happen early enough they can really hurt.

If the Offense can get rolling and eat up the clock and score WT cant afford to fall 2 or 3 scores behind, even just 17 points.

From looking at some Common opponents ENMU and WT should be about even, Im hoping the Hounds retain their MOJO from the past 2 years and keep this thing rolling, if not and they loose i see us going 7-4 at best.....they win they keep momentum then anything is possible.

Comment

I miss both bands making the trip too

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X