Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detmer was amazing tonight. Oddly enough, the Javelinas have lacked that power running game that was paramount in the great squads from the past. Whereas Detmer passed for 450 yards tonight, the Javelinas gained just 10 net yards on the ground. I've felt all season that Detmer should have been named the starter for the team. It's difficult for an entire team when you rotate quarterbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Maybe, just saying.we turned the ball over twice within the 10 yd line against you and had a bad td call for you against us. That Commerce game was way closer than people think.
      Blue ribbon.

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
        Detmer was amazing tonight. Oddly enough, the Javelinas have lacked that power running game that was paramount in the great squads from the past. Whereas Detmer passed for 450 yards tonight, the Javelinas gained just 10 net yards on the ground. I've felt all season that Detmer should have been named the starter for the team. It's difficult for an entire team when you rotate quarterbacks.
        This is the best our offense has looked all year. I honestly feel bad for my stupid comments that we wouldn't score until Tarleton played their 2s and 3s on defense. Maybe Tarleton had an off night. I'd like to think maybe some sort corner has been turned with our team. We've seen glimpses all year but we haven't seen the consistency for an entire game. I hope the offense can play at this level for the remaining games.

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

This is the best our offense has looked all year. I honestly feel bad for my stupid comments that we wouldn't score until Tarleton played their 2s and 3s on defense. Maybe Tarleton had an off night. I'd like to think maybe some sort corner has been turned with our team. We've seen glimpses all year but we haven't seen the consistency for an entire game. I hope the offense can play at this level for the remaining games.

GO HOGS!!!
          Don't feel stupid about it. While I'm glad we had a "good" game, celebrating a loss while still giving up 45 points shows you how we have to search for positives. I'd put it more along the lines Tarleton had an off day and we managed to play our best game of the year last night. I guess we can call it a glorious loss or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Don't feel stupid about it. While I'm glad we had a "good" game, celebrating a loss while still giving up 45 points shows you how we have to search for positives. I'd put it more along the lines Tarleton had an off day and we managed to play our best game of the year last night. I guess we can call it a glorious loss or something like that?
            At this level unfortunately there isn't any participation ribbons to be handed out. I posted on the wrong thread last night close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades(bombs). But, it can always get worse like blowing a 4th quarter lead and losing to KANSAS. Hence the reason I posted on wrong thread from being so stunned.

I called the Cowboys last week and asked someone there if they rent out the players as pallbearers at funerals. Person there asked why and I told her I needed them at my funeral so they can let me down one last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

At this level unfortunately there isn't any participation ribbons to be handed out. I posted on the wrong thread last night close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades(bombs). But, it can always get worse like blowing a 4th quarter lead and losing to KANSAS. Hence the reason I posted on wrong thread from being so stunned.

I called the Cowboys last week and asked someone there if they rent out the players as pallbearers at funerals. Person there asked why and I told her I needed them at my funeral so they can let me down one last time.
              Blowing a 4th quarter lead is bad enough, blocking the kick then fumblofu the ball back is cleaning salt from a wpunw with lemon juice.

So, can I rent the Cowboys as pallbearers?

Comment

I was at a Halloween party last night where a few Tech fans were keeping up with the game. My first question to them should have been why are you keeping up with a football game which may or may not break your heart (which Tech fans should be used to) at a Halloween Party. But they did come in some what happy, but later in the evening they looked like someone threw a turd in the punch bowl. I I asked what happened and they said KU won. I told them try being a Texas fan where we now lay claim to being the most overrated team in college football with the worse defense in the D1 ranks and then went further with my support of the worse team in scholarship football in the state with that being TAMUK. Being a fan of those two programs right now can't get any worse... Can it?

Comment

At this level unfortunately there isn't any participation ribbons to be handed out. I posted on the wrong thread last night close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades(bombs).
                  lol

...and nuclear war. Don't forget nuclear war. A nuclear missile can miss by miles and still be quite effective.

Almost only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and nuclear war.

Still, I think that you raise a good point about the "participation ribbons." Division 1 FBS schools need only win five games to receive a lucrative invite to a bowl game. Sure, it might be an invite to the Famous Idaho Potatoes Bowl or the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, but it is a bowl invite nonetheless. For most second-tier FBS programs, that is the ultimate aim.

I went to the Stanford homecoming game yesterday. The prospects for Stanford were greatly diminished at the very end of the first half of the first game when Costello (the star QB) was knocked out of the game by an non-flagged helmet-to-helmet hit. Given the disappointing season, the stadium was scarcely populated yesterday. You could buy pretty good lower level tickets near midfield via Stubhub for less than $25. For some strange reason, the school decided to shift the homecoming game to an early afternoon game (when the homecoming game is almost always held in the evening). Consequently, the tailgaters were serving BBQ before 10 AM.

Costello was back for the first time in weeks and Stanford defeated Arizona. At this point, the 4-4 Cardinal were celebrating like it was a bigger win than it really was. Stanford has no chance for one of the marquee bowl games. They are just happy that they need only two more wins to be eligible for an invite to ANY bowl game.

Those sorts of bowl games are just a step above "participation ribbons." In every other division of football, there really aren't any conciliation "bowl invite" prizes. You can win your conference, but the real victory is in making the playoff.

LOL!
                  Last edited by ccchhhrrriiisss; 10-27-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

I was at a Halloween party last night where a few Tech fans were keeping up with the game. My first question to them should have been why are you keeping up with a football game which may or may not break your heart (which Tech fans should be used to) at a Halloween Party. But they did come in some what happy, but later in the evening they looked like someone threw a turd in the punch bowl. I I asked what happened and they said KU won. I told them try being a Texas fan where we now lay claim to being the most overrated team in college football with the worse defense in the D1 ranks and then went further with my support of the worse team in scholarship football in the state with that being TAMUK. Being a fan of those two programs right now can't get any worse... Can it?

Comment

• Official attendance was 6,044.

BTW, we held the ball almost 20 minutes longer than Tarleton. Sort of a meaningless stat since they were scoring so quickly.

Comment

• And I guess you saw the egg Texas laid against TCU on Saturday. Just SMH and I kind of hope the season just craters so we can tell Tom to take a hike and go get a coach we should have pursued after Mack left. I doubt it will occur, but who knows.

Truthfully I'm getting to wrapped up in this stuff and football in general and it might be time just to be less emotionally involved. My best friend going back to my childhood days has been urging me to take up Crossbow and it looks like alot of fun. My boys who are both in College want me dust off the golf clubs so we can start playing together and travel to some of these destination type courses. Being on the links might be better for the health and well being vs keeping up with two train wrecks during this time of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

My boys who are both in College want me dust off the golf clubs so we can start playing together and travel to some of these destination type courses. Being on the links might be better for the health and well being vs keeping up with two train wrecks during this time of the year.
                          I don't know. I get just as frustrated on the links as I do watching football teams that should win, not win (Texas). Ugh! Golf is "I love this sport" after a great shot, but after a bad shot, "I hate this sport." Ugh!

Comment

• Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

And I guess you saw the egg Texas laid against TCU on Saturday. Just SMH and I kind of hope the season just craters so we can tell Tom to take a hike and go get a coach we should have pursued after Mack left. I doubt it will occur, but who knows.
                            ????Rough week for the Big 12.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X