Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
    A

For example, if GVSU and Mankato are 602 miles away then will the NCAA place the visiting team in a hotel 598 miles away?

If the 600 is from school to school then they might as well keep SR4 together. But small changes to how the 600 is calculated could mean some SR3 teams can drive.

So does anyone know how the 600 mile limit is calculated, and is there wiggle room in that?
    The official distance numbers can be found at https://web1.ncaa.org/TES/exec/miles.

GVSU to Mankato is 606 miles.

Comment

A

For example, if GVSU and Mankato are 602 miles away then will the NCAA place the visiting team in a hotel 598 miles away?

If the 600 is from school to school then they might as well keep SR4 together. But small changes to how the 600 is calculated could mean some SR3 teams can drive.

So does anyone know how the 600 mile limit is calculated, and is there wiggle room in that?
      It is based on school to school distances I believe, not what hotel they are staying at. If moving regions won't eliminate flights then they won't do so. Commerce would currently go to CSM and Augustana would come to Pueblo. Of course there are still some big games left that will shake things up I'm guessing. Does a Commerce win over Angelo bump them over Augustana and send them and their linebacker playing running back to Pueblo again?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

It is based on school to school distances I believe, not what hotel they are staying at. If moving regions won't eliminate flights then they won't do so. Commerce would currently go to CSM and Augustana would come to Pueblo. Of course there are still some big games left that will shake things up I'm guessing. Does a Commerce win over Angelo bump them over Augustana and send them and their linebacker playing running back to Pueblo again?
        Part of the seeding is to avoid rematches when possible. I suspect that means if Commerce gets in the Lions are at 6 to go to Mines, and avoid a potential rematch until round 3 (a la Pueblo and Tarleton).

Based on the link from Ink Blot (thank you!) I think Dixie is the only team left in contention within 600 miles of the RMAC schools, so the LSC winner this weekend probably goes to Colorado.

Comment

Part of the seeding is to avoid rematches when possible. I suspect that means if Commerce gets in the Lions are at 6 to go to Mines, and avoid a potential rematch until round 3 (a la Pueblo and Tarleton).

Based on the link from Ink Blot (thank you!) I think Dixie is the only team left in contention within 600 miles of the RMAC schools, so the LSC winner this weekend probably goes to Colorado.
          Dixie isn't within 600 miles of either...

As for anyone within 600 miles making the playoffs, that ship sailed on Saturday when Fort Hays State and Missouri Western both lost.

Comment

Agree with all but Dixie being in contention (and as stated they are about 650 miles away from Mines & Pueblo) they are out. Commerce @ Mines would be pretty interesting to watch, not sure that match-up is one that favors Mines.

Comment

Im guessing Commerce ends up playing one of the Arkansas teams from SR3.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                Im guessing Commerce ends up playing one of the Arkansas teams from SR3.

Comment

Yeah, now that I look at it, chalk in SR3 means zero first round flights.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Yeah, now that I look at it, chalk in SR3 means zero first round flights.
                    Maybe NWMSU to Mankato opens up a chance to send a Texas school to Arkansas?

Comment

• Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post

Maybe NWMSU to Mankato opens up a chance to send a Texas school to Arkansas?
                      possibly, that will eliminate one of the flights

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X