Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pops. you are way wrong , the year that there was a tie for the national championship ( Michigan , ND ) they along with WT had 11 players drafted by the NFL ..Fun days for us old Buffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      It is IMPOSSIBLE and silly to try and compare athletes from the 60's with today's. A top Carthel WT team would destroy a top Kerbel WT team. Come on dude!!!

Today's players are bigger, faster, quicker, stronger, and smarter.

Of course every Era had its few freaks (i.e. 1960's Bob Hayes)....but over all, today's athlete is superior in every skill set.

Comment

• I was told that Kevon Booker is in the transfer portal. If true, that's unfortunate. He was talented but his playing time dropped to nearly nothing by the end of the season. What happened? Did he get in the doghouse?

Comment

• The D2 transfer portal lists 4 from WT: Booker, Shelley, Warren & Fuller. I hate to see Booker & Shelley leave but lack of playing time probably prompted the moves.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
            The D2 transfer portal lists 4 from WT: Booker, Shelley, Warren & Fuller. I hate to see Booker & Shelley leave but lack of playing time probably prompted the moves.
            Are you referencing the verbal commit website?

It looks like we have 4 transferring, 2 of which I am sad to see leave. The other two were not major contributors. Also, really hoping Will Chayer comes back. He is just a junior, but I believe has either graduated or will be in May.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

The D2 transfer portal lists 4 from WT: Booker, Shelley, Warren & Fuller. I hate to see Booker & Shelley leave but lack of playing time probably prompted the moves.
              Yeah going to be the norm. The best on the team will want to test it out on the D1 level if the team is successful and the peeps not playing are going somewhere that they will be able too.

Going to make it difficult if not already impossible to begin and/or sustain a 4 year high school blueprint.

Comment

• Buffs losing Quincy Henderson. He is the new head coach at St. Cloud State in Minnesota. Hate to see him leave but wish him much success as a head coach.

Comment

Buffs losing Quincy Henderson. He is the new head coach at St. Cloud State in Minnesota. Hate to see him leave but wish him much success as a head coach.
                  It will be interesting to see who the new coach will be. Losing Quincy will hurt.
                  The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Seeing this conversation from WT's fans reminds me of Montana fans with Bobby Hauk, who could get to the FCS championship game but not win it so they wanted him out. A new coach though did them no good and they were no longer the team they were including watching their rival surpass them, so then they hired him back.

Comment

• Former WT All-American, David Chavlovich, has been named as Assistant Basketball Coach at WT. That is a great hire for the Buffs.

Comment

Former WT All-American, David Chavlovich, has been named as Assistant Basketball Coach at WT. That is a great hire for the Buffs.
                        Losing Quincy will hurt. Getting David is a good hire, IMHO all David needs is experience. He will make a good addition to the staff.
                        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Buffs win 6th stage LSC tournament title! Wow! What a finish. Go Buffs!
                          Last edited by oldbuff; 03-05-2023, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Yeah......what an ending!

Buffs controlled the first half going into the locker room up by 12. Angelo chipped away and chipped away. Buffs were ahead 56-49 when Rams went on a 9-0 run to take the lead 58-56.

Rams 63-59 with 11.7 seconds left...Larry Wise fouled on a desperation 3 pointer that damn near went in. He stepped up to the line and swished all three making it 63-62. Rams with the ball on the Buff's baseline, inbound pass defended perfectly by a fronting and denying Damion Thornton and it sailed out of bounds on the sideline. Now Buffs have ball on their baseline with 5.7 seconds left. Zach Toussaint passes ball in to Ryland Holt who made a great cut from the perimeter to the paint to get the pass. Toussaint curls around a screen at the free throw line extended gets a pass from Holt and shoots an off-balance one-handed runner that magically drops in with 2.8 seconds left. Game over.

Man oh man!!! what a finish for WT.

I really feel for V (Angelo coach Vinay Patel). His team played great ball and really should have won. V and I have had many a scotch together thru the years. I'm proud to call him a good friend. Like I told him......win every game you play but not the WT game. Ha!

And..........the cherry on top if you're a Buff is WT has the 1 seed in the NCAA regionals and will host again. I'd really be pissed if I were Ft. Lewis. But hey that's life.

I bought the $10 game archive on LSC Digital Network this morning just to watch the finish again and again and again even though I was at the game.

This was my first real road trip where I drove my wheelchair van. 3 hotel nights (not my home hospital bed with my wonderful air mattress) and the drive went great. Baby, I'm back!

I encourage anyone interested to pony up the $10 and watch the game today.
                            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-06-2023, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• What's truly amazing is how oldbuff "re-circumcised" his old post from 4 years ago!!

😂

Comment

• Fort Lewis got robbed not hosting. Shows how corrupt the NCAA is. Hopefully the Buffs get knocked out by an RMAC school.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X