Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Unless Jerruh either A goes with Jason or B Jerruh comes to his senses and actually hires a GM and a real HC......then all we can hope for is BRING ON THE NEXT LACKEY

Comment

Comment

Plus the lsc could really use 2 triple option teams.

Comment

Unless Jerruh either A goes with Jason or B Jerruh comes to his senses and actually hires a GM and a real HC......then all we can hope for is BRING ON THE NEXT LACKEY
          Jones will never give up GM. After he is gone, Stephen will take over.

Garrett is a great guy, has great morals & character, a player's coach....but just as he was as a player he is a good #2. Not THE guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Jones will never give up GM. After he is gone, Stephen will take over.

Garrett is a great guy, has great morals & character, a player's coach....but just as he was as a player he is a good #2. Not THE guy.

Comment

I've been a Cowboy fan my whole life. My first football jersey I got as a young kid was a Randy White #54 jersey so that's how far I go back. But I don't get today's blue kool aid drinking fan who if you say one bad thing about the Cowboys, you get called a cowboy hater. And that's if you qualify yourself just like I did about how far you go back at being a fan. And you see that is exactly the reason Jerry and the Jones family will never change course. NEVER! Because the average Cowboy fans will moan and cry to themselves about how horrible things are and then turn around and attack anyone else who says the same thing while they are on their way to Academy or Dicks Sporting Goods to stock up on more Cowboy's merchandise which Jerry makes a handsome dollar off every purchase. You have to recall it was Jerry who pushed the league to modernize their apparel and team gear systems to where the fans could get the exact same things the players and coaches wear. Before it was a mess, but Jerry made sure the new system would maximize his bottom line too. And it was smart move, but the average fan doesn't realize this is his cash flow along with the $15 hot dog and $8 lukewarm beer at a game.

Comment

I have been a DIEHARD COWBOYS fan since age 5 (first time I seen them on TV, while living in NY, playing the Giants). I am not a fan of coaches (other than Vince Lombardi), not a fan of players, not a fan of owners, GMs, etc..etc... They all come and go, but the COWBOYS still remain.

With that said, Jones is BRILLIANT. In 1989 he bought the Dallas Cowboys for $140M. He built this organization into the #1 sports organization in the WORLD with a 2019 Net Worth of $5.5B....up 10% from 2018. And they will continue to grow EVERY YEAR. AND he did this WITHOUT winning!!! GEEZ-US!

As of June 2019, the Dallas Cowboys have the largest fan base in the NFL. Again, WITHOUT winning.

When Jones bought the Cowboys, he came in like a bulldozer. No messing around! (NOTE: I did NOT like what he did to Landry at all, but understand the logic 100%) He tore it down to the ground and rebuilt a team that was 3-13 in 1988 to a Super Bowl champion in FOUR YEARS. Had it not been for a really screwed up 1st qtr in the 1994 NFC championship, the Cowboys would have been SB Champs 4 times in a row with two different HCs.

I remember that game vs 49ers like it was yesterday. 3rd play of the game Aikman threw a pick-six to Eric Davis.7-0

Then Dallas punted next possession and on the 49ers first possession they had a 4th & 2. Young threw to Popson and Smith read the play and nailed him for what looked like no gain....but the SJ spotted the ball 2 yds up and gave the 49ers a 1st down (HUGE controversial call). The next play Watters has like a 30 yd pass from Young for a TD. 14-0.

Then on the KO, Kevin Williams fumbles the ball during the return and the 49ers have the ball inside the Cowboys 40. 5 or 6 plays later its 21-0. And still 10 mins left in the FIRST QTR.

The Boyz calmed down after that, and only gave up 17 pts the rest of the game while scoring 28 pts, but giving up 21 pts in the 1st 4 1/2 mins of the game was too much to overcome. They lost by 10. 38-28

As far as "you would let a back to back SB Champ HC walk". Jerry didn't do that. Jimmy has never coached anywhere longer than 5 years. He wanted out because he wanted the HC position in Jacksonville and Jerry would not allow him to leave. So, Jimmy refused to prepare for the 1994 draft, didn't watch a lick of film on a single player. This pissed Jones off, so they had a big fight, which cracked the door for Jimmy and he pushed it wide open. He wanted his dream and that was to be in South Florida. He got his wish becoming the HC of the Miami Dolphins....taking over a 9-7 team from Shula. And what did Jimmy do with Miami? 8-8, 9-7, 10-6, 9-7. Meh.

H3ll, in '93, the Cowboys players almost rebelled against Jimmy because of his temper tantrums & abuse. Jimmy was DONE then. He was fixing to lose Wannstedt, Wise, and Turner...they were really the only good friends he had. He would have to build a new staff and didn't want to do it in Dallas. He WANTED to live in Florida. Period. Thats why he gave that interview and talked about the HC job in Jacksonville before the last regular season game vs the NY Giants. He just could not weasel his way out of his contract with Dallas.

Any way, both guys got what they wanted....Jimmy's in Islamorada, Florida living the life and Jerry has the #1 Sports Organization in the World. Pulling a BILLION dollars a year in revenues.

As for me......I am hoping "THE GUY" will be the next HC and bring a SB back to Dallas.

But no matter what happens, who owns them, or who is calling the signals behind center, I will ALWAYS be a COWBOYS fan.

Comment

But no matter what happens, who owns them, or who is calling the signals behind center, I will ALWAYS be a COWBOYS fan.
                  So do you think Garrett keeps his job regardless of record it the Cowboys win a playoff game, or will it take more than one PO win?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

So do you think Garrett keeps his job regardless of record it the Cowboys win a playoff game, or will it take more than one PO win?
                    He better make it to the Super bowl if you ask me.
                    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Garrett is gone

Comment

I have been a DIEHARD COWBOYS fan since age 5 (first time I seen them on TV, while living in NY, playing the Giants). I am not a fan of coaches (other than Vince Lombardi), not a fan of players, not a fan of owners, GMs, etc..etc... They all come and go, but the COWBOYS still remain.

With that said, Jones is BRILLIANT. In 1989 he bought the Dallas Cowboys for $140M. He built this organization into the #1 sports organization in the WORLD with a 2019 Net Worth of $5.5B....up 10% from 2018. And they will continue to grow EVERY YEAR. AND he did this WITHOUT winning!!! GEEZ-US!

As of June 2019, the Dallas Cowboys have the largest fan base in the NFL. Again, WITHOUT winning.

When Jones bought the Cowboys, he came in like a bulldozer. No messing around! (NOTE: I did NOT like what he did to Landry at all, but understand the logic 100%) He tore it down to the ground and rebuilt a team that was 3-13 in 1988 to a Super Bowl champion in FOUR YEARS. Had it not been for a really screwed up 1st qtr in the 1994 NFC championship, the Cowboys would have been SB Champs 4 times in a row with two different HCs.

I remember that game vs 49ers like it was yesterday. 3rd play of the game Aikman threw a pick-six to Eric Davis.7-0

Then Dallas punted next possession and on the 49ers first possession they had a 4th & 2. Young threw to Popson and Smith read the play and nailed him for what looked like no gain....but the SJ spotted the ball 2 yds up and gave the 49ers a 1st down (HUGE controversial call). The next play Watters has like a 30 yd pass from Young for a TD. 14-0.

Then on the KO, Kevin Williams fumbles the ball during the return and the 49ers have the ball inside the Cowboys 40. 5 or 6 plays later its 21-0. And still 10 mins left in the FIRST QTR.

The Boyz calmed down after that, and only gave up 17 pts the rest of the game while scoring 28 pts, but giving up 21 pts in the 1st 4 1/2 mins of the game was too much to overcome. They lost by 10. 38-28

As far as "you would let a back to back SB Champ HC walk". Jerry didn't do that. Jimmy has never coached anywhere longer than 5 years. He wanted out because he wanted the HC position in Jacksonville and Jerry would not allow him to leave. So, Jimmy refused to prepare for the 1994 draft, didn't watch a lick of film on a single player. This pissed Jones off, so they had a big fight, which cracked the door for Jimmy and he pushed it wide open. He wanted his dream and that was to be in South Florida. He got his wish becoming the HC of the Miami Dolphins....taking over a 9-7 team from Shula. And what did Jimmy do with Miami? 8-8, 9-7, 10-6, 9-7. Meh.

H3ll, in '93, the Cowboys players almost rebelled against Jimmy because of his temper tantrums & abuse. Jimmy was DONE then. He was fixing to lose Wannstedt, Wise, and Turner...they were really the only good friends he had. He would have to build a new staff and didn't want to do it in Dallas. He WANTED to live in Florida. Period. Thats why he gave that interview and talked about the HC job in Jacksonville before the last regular season game vs the NY Giants. He just could not weasel his way out of his contract with Dallas.

Any way, both guys got what they wanted....Jimmy's in Islamorada, Florida living the life and Jerry has the #1 Sports Organization in the World. Pulling a BILLION dollars a year in revenues.

As for me......I am hoping "THE GUY" will be the next HC and bring a SB back to Dallas.

and
                        Last edited by Techster88; 12-13-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

On the business side I couldn't agree more. On the football side he is just as poor as he is rich on the business side. Clueless as to what it takes to have in place to win a championship. His record as GM backs me up 100%. How many playoff games won in the last two decades? His brand of football on the field is a joke that need not be defended.

Jimmy left Dallas according to Jimmy because Jones kept meddling with players and undermining him and if you asked him today I'm sure he would enlighten you.and
                          Here ya go.....(it's always better to be able to back up your words)

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/20...son-left-boys/

My point is Jerry doesn't HAVE to win. Most owners HAVE to win to get where the Cowboys are as an organization.

IMHO, the problem you are having is you look at the (NFL) Professional Football as the GAME OF FOOTBALL.....it is not. It is an entertainment BUSINESS. PERIOD!!! So are most college programs. Therefore, you will get let down A LOT.

Back in 1996 or 1997, I went to Yvette's in Addison for dinner and was seated next to Barry Switzer on a bench seat (you share the booth type bench seat, not table). He said hello and we started chatting. He bought us a bottle of wine, and I returned the favor. We wound up hanging out until close. He said the same exact thing to me that Avezzano used to tell me. "This ain't football" (referring to the NFL). He said "you wanna watch the game of football, you go watch Pop Warner or school ball". He was the THIRD NFL coach to tell me that.

In '04, Vinny T. told me at our kids school football game (his daughter Alicia was a cheerleader and one of my sons played RB) basically the same thing. He said he has not played the game of football since he played for Sewanhaka. (HS in Floral Park, NY) and he was enjoying watching this middle school football game....as he said it "now, this is football".

I currently hear this from a few NFL players I used to coach. They ALL miss the day when football was a GAME. This seems to be a common feeling among both pro coaches and players alike. AND this is for ALL professional sports. From NFL to NASCAR to PBR.

So, with all that said, FANS get suckered into thinking its about the GAME when its about the MONEY.

NOW......I too get suckered in even though I know all this. It is hard not to. I forget and WANT to BELIEVE it is all about the LOVE FOR THE GAME. Like freaking "SPORTS Hallmark".....I want to be all warm and fuzzy about professional sports. And JUST like Hallmark, it is not reality!

After watching the Boyz win yesterday, I am feeling a ring is coming!! LMAO. And NOBODY can tell me different!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA (yup hope & fantasy are FUN)

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

I believe Garrett is gone. I mean if he pulled a rabbit out of his arse and went to the SB or maybe even the NFC ship.....then maybe he gets a one year extension. But other than that, Garrett needs to list his home and pack his bags. You will see him in a NY Giant coaching shirt soon.

Comment

Here ya go.....(it's always better to be able to back up your words)

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/20...son-left-boys/

My point is Jerry doesn't HAVE to win. Most owners HAVE to win to get where the Cowboys are as an organization.

IMHO, the problem you are having is you look at the (NFL) Professional Football as the GAME OF FOOTBALL.....it is not. It is an entertainment BUSINESS. PERIOD!!! So are most college programs. Therefore, you will get let down A LOT

Back in 1996 or 1997, I went to Yvette's in Addison for dinner and was seated next to Barry Switzer on a bench seat (you share the booth type bench seat, not table). He said hello and we started chatting. He bought us a bottle of wine, and I returned the favor. We wound up hanging out until close. He said the same exact thing to me that Avezzano used to tell me. "This ain't football" (referring to the NFL). He said "you wanna watch the game of football, you go watch Pop Warner or school ball". He was the THIRD NFL coach to tell me that.

In '04, Vinny T. told me at our kids school football game (his daughter Alicia was a cheerleader and one of my sons played RB) basically the same thing. He said he has not played the game of football since he played for Sewanhaka. (HS in Floral Park, NY) and he was enjoying watching this middle school football game....as he said it "now, this is football".

I currently hear this from a few NFL players I used to coach. They ALL miss the day when football was a GAME. This seems to be a common feeling among both pro coaches and players alike. AND this is for ALL professional sports. From NFL to NASCAR to PBR.

So, with all that said, FANS get suckered into thinking its about the GAME when its about the MONEY.

NOW......I too get suckered in even though I know all this. It is hard not to. I forget and WANT to BELIEVE it is all about the LOVE FOR THE GAME. Like freaking "SPORTS Hallmark".....I want to be all warm and fuzzy about professional sports. And JUST like Hallmark, it is not reality!

After watching the Boyz win yesterday, I am feeling a ring is coming!! LMAO. And NOBODY can tell me different!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA (yup hope & fantasy are FUN)

Comment

And it's only $75 to park a car there for 3 hours!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X