Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Considering this is the LSC board. Also, when did I say that? I would've had the same concerns in any other round.
    Ah, so if it impacts you the system is broken but otherwise who cares. Sometimes there are conference matchups in the first round, it happens rather frequently. You were supposed to be the big bad national champions, it shouldn't matter who the opponent was. As said, I'd have rather seen Commerce @ Mines but now I guess I do get to see that matchup.
    Last edited by Turbonium; 11-24-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Turbonium;n458573]

Ah, so if it impacts you the system is broken but otherwise who cares. Sometimes there are conference matchups in the first round, it happens rather frequently. You were supposed to be the big bad national champions, it shouldn't matter who the opponent was. As said, I'd have rather seen Commerce @ Mines but now I guess I do get to see that matchup.
      When did I say the system is broken? What good is it going to do complaining about ot on a board of a different conference? Imo out of conference games then in the second round it happens it happens. Conference rematches should be good games. Any other words you want to put in my mouth?

Comment

[QUOTE=Turbonium;n458573]

How do you see that matchup? I havent seen much of mines, but from what I have seen the QB is a real dual threat and the d seems pretty stout. With the way our defense has gelled the past month and the emergence of Smalls beginning to impose his will, I like our chances but expect it to be close. The teams seem pretty similar to me.

Comment

It was going to be difficult to avoid a first round rematch this year. Either conference otherwise. If it plays out like years past with standard seeding, then Pueblo/Commerce would have played a rematch first round. Again, not a conference foe, but still a rematch.

1) MSU
          Bye

4) Pueblo
          5) Commerce

3) Mines
          6) Augustana

2) Tarleton
          7) Sioux Falls

Comment

When did I say the system is broken? What good is it going to do complaining about ot on a board of a different conference? Imo out of conference games then in the second round it happens it happens. Conference rematches should be good games. Any other words you want to put in my mouth?
            No, but why is quoting so difficult for you? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

No, but why is quoting so difficult for you? Lol.
              Probably because my phone doesn't want to cooperate.

Comment

Purple and Turb, your teams are in the way. Try and stay alive because we are coming. #TimeToHunt

Comment

Originally posted by ETLion View Post
                  Purple and Turb, your teams are in the way. Try and stay alive because we are coming. #TimeToHunt
                  One of the lamest comments in the history of this board. #InsertDumbCommentHere

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                    It was going to be difficult to avoid a first round rematch this year. Either conference otherwise. If it plays out like years past with standard seeding, then Pueblo/Commerce would have played a rematch first round. Again, not a conference foe, but still a rematch.

1) MSU
                    Bye

4) Pueblo
                    5) Commerce

3) Mines
                    6) Augustana

2) Tarleton
                    7) Sioux Falls
                    Let's say the goal is to eliminate rematches altogether. I'd rather eliminate conference rematches but just hypothetically. Why not swap Commerce and Augustana?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

One of the lamest comments in the history of this board. #InsertDumbCommentHere
                      Certainly the most cliche and obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                        How do you see that matchup? I havent seen much of mines, but from what I have seen the QB is a real dual threat and the d seems pretty stout. With the way our defense has gelled the past month and the emergence of Smalls beginning to impose his will, I like our chances but expect it to be close. The teams seem pretty similar to me.
                        Mines QB is a gamer but needs to slide, I'm not sure how he hasn't been knocked out for the season yet with the shots he has taken. Seeing both teams in back to back weeks, even with their results against Pueblo, I would have picked Commerce to win and still hold that same belief. No real reason for it other than an eye test and gut feeling. Looks like Golden will get snow throughout the week but Saturday is clear with a high of 24.

Comment

Let's say the goal is to eliminate rematches altogether. I'd rather eliminate conference rematches but just hypothetically. Why not swap Commerce and Augustana?
                          That works. But then there are complaints about teams switching seeds (and possibly a different draw, 5 and 6 in different halves of bracket). It would still be a noisy argument, just the opposite of the current one.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

That works. But then there are complaints about teams switching seeds (and possibly a different draw, 5 and 6 in different halves of bracket). It would still be a noisy argument, just the opposite of the current one.
                            True, never claimed it was perfect. Why not reseed after each round?

Comment

They were SUPPOSED to be able to switch teams to other regions, and with the region 3 teams playing there were plenty of opportunities for non flight matchups for both commerce on the road and tarleton at home.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

They were SUPPOSED to be able to switch teams to other regions, and with the region 3 teams playing there were plenty of opportunities for non flight matchups for both commerce on the road and tarleton at home.
                                So, why even have regions if teams can be switched?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X