Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAMUK Coaching Search Update?

Any news on how the search is going? This has to be one of the most uneventful searches for a coach I've ever seen at any level and that includes the pre internet ways of getting news. I've Google searched and Twitter searched for rumors of rumors and nothing other than a posting on the Coach Wilk is gone thread on this board and those names don't even show up as rumors. Does anyone know if a timeline has been established to get a new hire down to Kingsville? Our program is like the aftermath of a Cat 5 hurricane strike right now and the lack of urgency is concerning. Seems like the longer the delay, the rebuild will take even longer. And along those lines, what about the facility master plan the AD was going to further discuss? Again, can't find a word about this either.

If people can't see why some on this board, the Twitter verse and other social media platforms get discouraged about the current state of the program and it's future, here are two examples.

Last I heard, some guy named Briles was the sole finalist.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
      Lion Fan= CNN

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Lion Fan= CNN

Lion Fan= CNN
        Ouch. My sources say some Garrett guy.

Comment

Finalists that are going to campus next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are Salinas, OC at Incarnate Woed, head Coach at Henderson State

Comment

Incarnate Word

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
              Fell off the wagon and started smoking crack again?

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstruck View Post
                Finalists that are going to campus next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are Salinas, OC at Incarnate Woed, head Coach at Henderson State
                Ok, different week and some new names. What a mess.

Salinas should be a no because he's been away from the college game for a long time and he coached high school football in the RGV which is hardly a powerhouse region and a recruiting ground. In fact some of the problems we've had is because we recruited that area too much lately.

OC@ UIW- Has done a good job as an OC, but as a HC at the JUCO ranks...... Mediocre at best. Didn't we just dismiss a coach with a similar resume minus the HC experience before we hired him?

HC @ Henderson. Looks good on paper and is the best of the three choices. Will he be given all the tools he needs to get the job done? If someone can answer that question, that would be nice.

Comment

What do you expect? They hid behind a search firm.

Comment

HC @ Henderson. Looks good on paper and is the best of the three choices. Will he be given all the tools he needs to get the job done? If someone can answer that question, that would be nice.
                    Not to say it couln't happen, but I would be very surprised, if Coach Maxfield left Henderson State University in the near future. The people who could keep him in Arkadelphia, are not going to let him go easily. But again it could happen.

HC pay? I am guessing TAMUK may have an advantage here. I think the pay is a bit better than HSU is currently paying.

Endowment at TAMUK $100 million.
                    Endowment at HSU $12.2 million

Will be interesting to see.

Comment

Comment

If he took a job at TAMUK, I tend to agree the program would benefit from it. I personally would not like seeing him go. I don't want to drive to Kingsville to visit him. It's too far to go for me.

Comment

Comment

I figured that the merger was still in the works. It was not going to go away that easy and if Kingsville wants to progress, the FCS route is the way to go. I am sure it is being brought up to all candidates.

Comment

The merger has not been mentioned to candidates and the salary will be $135,000

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X