Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Off Season & OT Thread.....everything else

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    When I saw the home record I had to look twice.
    Check it everywhere he has been since ASU as well. His 1st year at Tech was an outlier, but everywhere else you don't have much chance on his home floor.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
      Check it everywhere he has been since ASU as well. His 1st year at Tech was an outlier, but everywhere else you don't have much chance on his home floor.
      Just looked at McMurry and UALR. McMurry the year prior did well in their own stadium. Only 3 losses. UALR had more losses than wins.

Yeah he wasn't as good at Tech his first year at home but 3 losses is still stout.

Man keeps impressing me. Fun fact, high school again teacher was named Chris Beard.
      Last edited by Vulpes88; 05-01-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
        Just looked at McMurry and UALR. McMurry the year prior did well in their own stadium. Only 3 losses. UALR had more losses than wins.

Yeah he wasn't as good at Tech his first year at home but 3 losses is still stout.

Man keeps impressing me. Fun fact, high school again teacher was named Chris Beard.
        In 2015-2016, when Beard was at UALR, they were 30-5 overall and 14-0 at home. The season after Beard left, they went 9-6 at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
          Beard is a winner no doubt. Last night I read where a 2020 5 star recruit from Little Elm had reclassified to 2019 and replaced Duke with Tech in his top 4. Beard has completely changed the landscape and is getting players many said would never go to Lubbock. I personally enjoy watching it unfold as I grew up in the panhandle and my dad grew up in Lubbock. It's a bit offensive what some say about Lubbock and the panhandle in general

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            Fact

Comment

I find it a little unsettling that there is more talk on the LSC board about the football stadium than the football TEAM. *scratching my head*

Comment

Well if I knew more about WTs team I'd be chatting it up. Following D2 sucks at times with no constant news stream. I'm sure Tarleton is the same way...I mean, feel free to talk about ASU's uniforms if you wish. WTs uniforms were plain and disappointing after the under armour deal.

Comment

Well if I knew more about WTs team I'd be chatting it up. Following D2 sucks at times with no constant news stream. I'm sure Tarleton is the same way...I mean, feel free to talk about ASU's uniforms if you wish. WTs uniforms were plain and disappointing after the under armour deal.
                  Any early predictions for football this fall?

Comment

WT is just about as unknown a quantity going into this fall as it was going into last fall. New OC. New DC. New offensive scheme. QB competition still wide open. RB's coming back from injuries. DL and OL depth questions. Overall talent questions. Was Hughes' 2nd recruiting class good? It's being counted on. The right transfers?

Who the hell knows how WT may fair this year? 4 wins? 8 wins?

Comment

Not for the league as a whole, I don't know enough. I'd assume Commerce, Tarleton or MSU would be the favorites.

Unless I see something drastically different in the Fall, I expect WT to be middle of the road in the conference again. Same QBs with the exception of Gerber. Same O-line, the two transfers were running 2nd team in spring game. That alone gives me reason to not be optimistic for next year. I don't have a clue who is returning from last year's recruiting class to see if there might be some up and coming talent

Comment

Lol. You are becoming one of my favorite posters.

I think this may speak for universities media relations department. Its HARD to keep good people that get the news out there. Maybe D2Football.com should have one "reporter" for each university that works with the Conference blogger.....or find C9nfetence Bloggers who can commit to taking the time to report more regularly and in the off season.

I bet there are plenty of folks with some spare/free time that would love the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                          WT is just about as unknown a quantity going into this fall as it was going into last fall. New OC. New DC. New offensive scheme. QB competition still wide open. RB's coming back from injuries. DL and OL depth questions. Overall talent questions. Was Hughes' 2nd recruiting class good? It's being counted on. The right transfers?

Who the hell knows how WT may fair this year? 4 wins? 8 wins?
                          Wow. Really?

I am thinking definately in the top tier (top 4) of the LSC. A bounce or two or call or two in WT favor and maybe competing for the LSC title.

At least that's what I got from all the information posted on here over the past 7 months. And the recruiting news & new coach hires. Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            Wow. Really?

I am thinking definately in the top tier (top 4) of the LSC. A bounce or two or call or two in WT favor and maybe competing for the LSC title.

At least that's what I got from all the information posted on here over the past 7 months. And the recruiting news & new coach hires. Am I wrong?

Comment

Commerce has a lot of good pieces. Running game should be outstanding. Kane matured well at qb last year. Defense should be very good. I'm most worried about the kicking game with Martinez gone. We had trouble punching it in last year and he was lights out on field goals I think there is no reason for Commerce to not expect a playoff appearance tho. Game at Pueblo in week 4 or 5 will tell the story.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X