Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post

Car accidents and suicides are not contagious. You can't have an asymptomatic or mild car accident that you take home to infect grandma.

You can avoid car accidents by not driving though.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

That's true.

What about "regular" flu?
      Cancer?
      Diabetes?
      Pneumonia (non covid)?
      Heart disease?
      Kidney disease?
      Liver disease?
      Etc etc
      Also not contagious. The passive aggressive point you're beating around the bush to get to is obvious. Come on.

Comment

• Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

You can avoid car accidents by not driving though.
        These arguments are hilariously ignorant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Also not contagious. The passive aggressive point you're beating around the bush to get to is obvious. Come on.
          Sure. To get to the point; what I'd like to know is what are the risks of a college age athlete:catching covid and dying from covid?

If caught, haw sick do they get?

How many will die from covid?

What are all the numbers and percentages? All the variations of the numbers and percentages?

Fro what I've tried to find out, the risk of an 18-24 year old athlete dying from covid is very, very, very small. I may be wrong. I'd like to know the numbers and i don't want to take hours (even mi utes) digging them out. Some arm's length, honest, non-fear mongering perspective would be well received.

Comment

Sure. To get to the point; what I'd like to know is what are the risks of a college age athlete:catching covid and dying from covid?

If caught, haw sick do they get?

How many will die from covid?

What are all the numbers and percentages? All the variations of the numbers and percentages?

Fro what I've tried to find out, the risk of an 18-24 year old athlete dying from covid is very, very, very small. I may be wrong. I'd like to know the numbers and i don't want to take hours (even mi utes) digging them out. Some arm's length, honest, non-fear mongering perspective would be well received.
            To add to all these fun hypothetical questions. Who do they pass it onto if they do get sick? How many coaches who aren't 18-22 get sick? Their families? The athlete's families? What about the long term organ damage that is showing itself to be a symptom of covid? How many deaths are acceptable as long as we get to have our precious football? What's the number of deaths that you're okay with in order to watch WT play a few, on a grand scale, meaningless games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

To add to all these fun hypothetical questions. Who do they pass it onto if they do get sick? How many coaches who aren't 18-22 get sick? Their families? The athlete's families? What about the long term organ damage that is showing itself to be a symptom of covid? How many deaths are acceptable as long as we get to have our precious football? What's the number of deaths that you're okay with in order to watch WT play a few, on a grand scale, meaningless games?
              You're making an assumption about my motives. Shane on you.

I'm asking for the numbers. What are the medical risks from covid for 18-24 year olds if they play a college sport compared to those who attend school but don't compete in sports? Compared to the general population? We shut our economy down and put 30,000,000 Americans out of work because we were told 5,000,000 of us would die if we didn't. Hmm. Was that science that could be trusted?

I'd like to see what the science-based numbers now say about college age people between 18-24 before saying if the risk/reward decision passes the common sense conclusion test. That's all. What numbers, particularly the risk of fatality, are decisions being based on. What is rational or irrational?

What are the numbers?

Comment

• You JUST CAN'T educate stupid. PERIOD.

NEXT.....

Comment

• I have been avoiding discussions like this especially on facebook. Just my opinion. Through work, college, living several places, etc. I have made thousands of friends, networked, etc. Personally on my facebook feed I have maybe seen a handful if that actually post that they have covid. Most of those were asymptomatic and a few of them had mild symptoms where it knocked them down for a few days but they were able to recover. Most of my working life I had been in healthcare working at various private and government hospitals and have kept my friendships and connections. Most of the feedback I have received through doctors, pharmacists, and nurses have told me in most cases the patients with covid that are being hospitalized are the elderly and ones with pre existing conditions such as diabetes, obese, lung, and heart diseases. One nurse friend in particular is a travelling nurse and gets sent to the worst hot spots so I get more of a grim picture from her where she encounters more patients that are healthy but get it. She sees similiarites with them as far as certain blood types and such that are more prone to get it. Me having a bachelors in biomedical science I understand the discussions from those friends and medical journals and such. My conclusions are noone really has a handle on things yet.

Simply put I am doing my part to wear a mask and wash hands. I personally wore a mask for almost 20 years 8+ hours a day so that has never bothered me. I am sure at some point in the future I may hear of a friend or family member that gets seriously ill or unfortunately passes. I am still going to live my life but respect others to do their thing if they need to quarantine.

As far as contact sports like football I see the greater risks. Judging by other pro sports all over the world I havent yet to hear of any professional or college athletes to become seriously ill or pass from covid (there may have been and I dont remember).

I think this fall will tell the tale what happens combined with the flu. If are are no significant increases its time to open things up for good by January 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    You JUST CAN'T educate stupid. PERIOD.

NEXT.....
                    I'd really like to know. I've been searching and getting the defined info has been difficult. Maybe you can provide accurate data. I would appreciate it if you could. Thanks.

Using the most current data available from the best source (CDC ?)::

How many people between 18-24 have been diagnosed with covid?

How many people between 18-24 have died from covid?

Comment

• In an aside, many WT fans who follow softball will remember our 2014 AA NC pitcher, Rita Hokianga. Rita's back in NZ and about to have her first baby. She keeps in touch with us.

She says NZ has closed the borders since mid-March. People were in a hard lock down in March, April, and May. Still, after no new cases of covid for 100 days, covid cases are reappearing. The government has, in her words, instituted "martial law." Total lockdown. People are being involuntarily separated.

Martial law. Would it stop covid? Could it happen here under a President Harris/Biden?
                      Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-14-2020, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                        I have been avoiding discussions like this especially on facebook. Just my opinion. Through work, college, living several places, etc. I have made thousands of friends, networked, etc. Personally on my facebook feed I have maybe seen a handful if that actually post that they have covid. Most of those were asymptomatic and a few of them had mild symptoms where it knocked them down for a few days but they were able to recover. Most of my working life I had been in healthcare working at various private and government hospitals and have kept my friendships and connections. Most of the feedback I have received through doctors, pharmacists, and nurses have told me in most cases the patients with covid that are being hospitalized are the elderly and ones with pre existing conditions such as diabetes, obese, lung, and heart diseases. One nurse friend in particular is a travelling nurse and gets sent to the worst hot spots so I get more of a grim picture from her where she encounters more patients that are healthy but get it. She sees similiarites with them as far as certain blood types and such that are more prone to get it. Me having a bachelors in biomedical science I understand the discussions from those friends and medical journals and such. My conclusions are noone really has a handle on things yet.

Simply put I am doing my part to wear a mask and wash hands. I personally wore a mask for almost 20 years 8+ hours a day so that has never bothered me. I am sure at some point in the future I may hear of a friend or family member that gets seriously ill or unfortunately passes. I am still going to live my life but respect others to do their thing if they need to quarantine.

As far as contact sports like football I see the greater risks. Judging by other pro sports all over the world I havent yet to hear of any professional or college athletes to become seriously ill or pass from covid (there may have been and I dont remember).

I think this fall will tell the tale what happens combined with the flu. If are are no significant increases its time to open things up for good by January 2021.

Are you wary of posting your true opinion on facebook?

Comment

You're making an assumption about my motives. Shane on you.

I'm asking for the numbers. What are the medical risks from covid for 18-24 year olds if they play a college sport compared to those who attend school but don't compete in sports? Compared to the general population? We shut our economy down and put 30,000,000 Americans out of work because we were told 5,000,000 of us would die if we didn't. Hmm. Was that science that could be trusted?

I'd like to see what the science-based numbers now say about college age people between 18-24 before saying if the risk/reward decision passes the common sense conclusion test. That's all. What numbers, particularly the risk of fatality, are decisions being based on. What is rational or irrational?

What are the numbers?
                          Your motives are painfully obvious, never took you for the passive aggressive type.

You can Google as well as anyone else. Why are you asking the exact same questions you can search for?

Comment

In an aside, many WT fans who follow softball will remember our 2014 AA NC pitcher, Rita Hokianga. Rita's back in NZ and about to have her first baby. She keeps in touch with us.

She says NZ has closed the borders since mid-March. People were in a hard lock down in March, April, and May. Still, after no new cases of covid for 100 days, covid cases are reappearing. The government has, in her words, instituted "martial law." Total lockdown. People are being involuntarily separated.

Martial law. Would it stop covid? Could it happen here under a President Harris/Biden?
                            Uh, unidentified government agents have been kidnapping people in liberal cities under Trump but you're asking if it could happen under Biden? Lol, this is golden. But not like the shower. I'll leave that to Trump.

Comment

Are you wary of posting your true opinion on facebook?
                              When you are a government employee and in the age of technology where offended people can swipe a hand and screenshot then yeah you have to watch what you post especially when it comes to politics (Hatch Act).

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                                I have been avoiding discussions like this especially on facebook. Just my opinion. Through work, college, living several places, etc. I have made thousands of friends, networked, etc. Personally on my facebook feed I have maybe seen a handful if that actually post that they have covid. Most of those were asymptomatic and a few of them had mild symptoms where it knocked them down for a few days but they were able to recover. Most of my working life I had been in healthcare working at various private and government hospitals and have kept my friendships and connections. Most of the feedback I have received through doctors, pharmacists, and nurses have told me in most cases the patients with covid that are being hospitalized are the elderly and ones with pre existing conditions such as diabetes, obese, lung, and heart diseases. One nurse friend in particular is a travelling nurse and gets sent to the worst hot spots so I get more of a grim picture from her where she encounters more patients that are healthy but get it. She sees similiarites with them as far as certain blood types and such that are more prone to get it. Me having a bachelors in biomedical science I understand the discussions from those friends and medical journals and such. My conclusions are noone really has a handle on things yet.

What are your professional credentials? State licensure?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X