Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
    Wt to fcs is feasible. They have size of students, alum support, a decent sized urban areas to support it. And now a potential home WAC with natural rivals to play that wull draw to thier good stadium. Negatives. Close to TTech student body size on low end of support , and questionable economy for all ofhigher ed.

In reality it's about perception and wtamu has always had a vision of themselves as a bigger fish the lsc isn't filled with thier peers anymore . They are the last of big fish and do have to ask if they belong somewhere else even if the economic numbers are 50/50

If tamuc even considers a move they will be out the door. The WAC will still be there if you want to go so Take your time four right . Nobody wants to go up and not make it and have to come back down to d2.
    TO SPECULATE; and what about this board isn't About Wild Ass Speculation We All Love? So, to speculate, and jump right in Catatonic, since Northeasterner brought the WAC up; what about it? I looked at the map. Current WAC membership (subject to change on a yearly basis):

Seattle U
    Utah Valley
    Cal-State Bakersfield
    Cal Baptist
    Grand Canyon
    NM State (FBS football)
    UT-Rio Grande Valley
    KC-Missouri
    Chicago State:

Hypothetical speculation follows:

What if :
    Tarleton (not in the Southland, It's WACer)
    Dixie State (Another WACer I forgot)
    ACU (Southland)
    following are "and / or"
    TAMC (LSC
    WT (LSC)
    ASU (LSC)
    TAMK (LSC)
    MSU (LSC)
    plus
    NAU (Big Sky)
    UTRV (football added)
    Grand Canyon (football added)

maybe another Southland school or two
    maybe another Big Sky school or two (football schools)

became members of the WAC?

Speculate away.......Wild Ass Speculations awaited; Provisos, Positives, Negatives, Possibilities, Impossibilities, Sports Competitiveness, etc, etc: Go for it!
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-29-2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by catatonic; 08-29-2020, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Last edited by catatonic; 08-29-2020, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Yep I forgot.

Comment

Very good outlook. I like it. Next time I'll try not to find an outdated map! Ha!

Comment

Comment

Bro.....LMAO.....The WAC is a JOKE as far as football. It's nothing more than a basketball landing for DIIs who want to be D1 in basketball and don't givee a sh!t about footbalk...i.e. Tarleton.

I STILL laugh at you. 707070707. Maybe one day WT can be reincarnated as a D1A....LMAO DYING 7070707070707

Comment

POPS, butt out of WT's business. I don't bad mouth your school, do not putting your big mouth into other schools'. When was the last time you have been to WT? Seen its campus? Walked into Old Main? How about the Paul Engler School of Ag? The new Founders' Dorm? The Sports Complex? The Amarillo Downtown Campus? No? Then Shut Up!

Comment

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
                      POPS, butt out of WT's business. I don't bad mouth your school, do not putting your big mouth into other schools'. When was the last time you have been to WT? Seen its campus? Walked into Old Main? How about the Paul Engler School of Ag? The new Founders' Dorm? The Sports Complex? The Amarillo Downtown Campus? No? Then Shut Up!
                      Who is MY school???? This is a PUBLIC messageboard. I say what I want, when I want!!! I am NOT a Democrat Liberal. I BELIEVE in freedom of speech!!!

Why don't you come TRY and shut me up NANCY!!!!! OLD AZZ KEYBOARD WARRIOR! LMAO 7070707
                      Last edited by ASUPops; 08-30-2020, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
                        707!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Bro.....LMAO.....The WAC is a JOKE as far as football. It's nothing more than a basketball landing for DIIs who want to be D1 in basketball and don't givee a sh!t about footbalk...i.e. Tarleton.

I STILL laugh at you. 707070707. Maybe one day WT can be reincarnated as a D1A....LMAO DYING 7070707070707
                          Be nice Pops. Tarleton owns Angelo State in Football. Still, I can see WAC cobbling together a six team football conference with WT included. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Be nice Pops. Tarleton owns Angelo State in Football. Still, I can see WAC cobbling together a six team football conference with WT included. Time will tell.
                            Well the last game, when I had a dog in the fight, Angelo beat Tarleton at Tarleton. Soooooo......

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

If Houston Baptist can play FCS then WT most certainly can. WT's football stadium has higher capacity and more attendance and Houston Baptist's basketball gym is smaller than my junior high gym in the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

If Houston Baptist can play FCS then WT most certainly can. WT's football stadium has higher capacity and more attendance and Houston Baptist's basketball gym is smaller than my junior high gym in the 80s.
                                Not sure I would use HBU as my benchmark. They have no business in D1 period. Southland must have been desperate when they signed them up, I have always read about the so called guidelines for facilities to be D1 and HBU facilities are no where near that. Nevertheless WT is positioned to make the move and they will have A&M backing as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X