Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

It wasn't Jimmy Johnson. That is a very, very old saying. And I disagree. Player's have to be equiped to win. It is BOTH coaching and player execution. So talent PLUS coaching (X's & O's) = WINNING. As I have ALWAYS said Bad coaches can not win, regardless of talent; Good coaches win with good talent; Great coaches win with average talent.

If your post is accurate, then Angelo has much better "Jimmies and Joes" than WT based o tbedvfirst meeting. And I do not think that is the case. WT was just outcoached vs Angerlo & SFA.

I expect a different outcome with Angerlo @ WT in 3 weeks. WT by 17.
    after watching todays game vs SFA ,, would like to see WT move to 1aa recruit those 1aa caliber players and play these 1aa schools in the new wac football or southland. Just think it would be more fun to watch. Also Colby did out coach him, sad we couldnt have kept the Carthels at WT, program hasnt recovered since they left in my opinion.

Comment

After the first quarter the Buffs played much better. However, sure could use some more depth . Really impressed by 44 the MLB .

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

It wasn't Jimmy Johnson. That is a very, very old saying. And I disagree. Player's have to be equiped to win. It is BOTH coaching and player execution. So talent PLUS coaching (X's & O's) = WINNING. As I have ALWAYS said Bad coaches can not win, regardless of talent; Good coaches win with good talent; Great coaches win with average talent.

If your post is accurate, then Angelo has much better "Jimmies and Joes" than WT based o tbedvfirst meeting. And I do not think that is the case. WT was just outcoached vs Angerlo & SFA.

I expect a different outcome with Angelo @ WT in 3 weeks. WT by 17.
        Angelo's lines are so much better than WT's. I think Angelo will win the rematch. They are MUCH better than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Angelo's lines are so much better than WT's. I think Angelo will win the rematch. They are MUCH better than last year.
          Yes, Angelo has upgraded, especially OL. But I think Buffs get revenge at Home.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
            he inherited a dumpster fire.
            Lol did he really say that?

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Lol did he really say that?
              Yes, it was on the audio stream.

He was right, the Nesbitt years may have been over ,500 but it was due to playing teams like OPSU, McMurry, and Kingsville when they were down. Sometimes we would play one or more of those teams twice due to the screwy way the LSC did playoffs.

Comment

I'm sure the Carthel recruits still hanging around had something to say about being over .500 as well.

Speaking of which, was kind of odd mcbroom being a no show as honorary captain at the coin toss Saturday. Don Carthel was honorary captain for sfa and showed, mcbroom didn't apparently.

Comment

I'm sure the Carthel recruits still hanging around had something to say about being over .500 as well.

Speaking of which, was kind of odd mcbroom being a no show as honorary captain at the coin toss Saturday. Don Carthel was honorary captain for sfa and showed, mcbroom didn't apparently.

Comment

Maybe he had something going on that was more important? Not sure that's all that odd.

Comment

Coach Carthel was fired at WT 7 or 8 yrs. ago. He has not coached since, however his son Colby took the head job at Texas A&M Commerce and won a national championship. He has moved to SFA ( a D1 school ) as the head coach the past two years . Both schools, WT and SFA are playing full scheldues this fall and actually played each other last Sat. After the first quarter they went toe to toe.

Comment

Oh you definitely missed a few things lol

Colby is at sfa now. Don was the honorary captain for sfa. Mcbroom is ad at wt. Wt and sfa played Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Maybe he had something going on that was more important? Not sure that's all that odd.
                          Yea I'm sure that's all it was ;) I can't imagine any reason he would dodge Don Carthel/rest of sfa staff, a lot of which used to coach at wt.

Comment

Yea I'm sure that's all it was ;) I can't imagine any reason he would dodge Don Carthel/rest of sfa staff, a lot of which used to coach at wt.
                            So, as said, more important things? Why world he care about drama as much as some on the board do?

Comment

I didn't see it being about drama, but if that's how you see it...

Comment

Originally posted by olebuff View Post
                                Coach Carthel was fired at WT 7 or 8 yrs. ago. He has not coached since, however his son Colby took the head job at Texas A&M Commerce and won a national championship. He has moved to SFA ( a D1 school ) as the head coach the past two years . Both schools, WT and SFA are playing full scheldues this fall and actually played each other last Sat. After the first quarter they went toe to toe.
                                It's true Don has not been a head coach since, but he was on the staff at Commerce and is also on the staff at SFA.

https://sfajacks.com/sports/football...on-carthel/525

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X