Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENMU not playing basketball at all next year....

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boohaha
    replied
    ENMU will not be playing fall sports either....

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    My sister and brother-in-law (and my mother) live in Farmington, NM. They were at our place in Canyon, Tx for Thanksgiving.

Both had China virus about 6 weeks ago. My sis (66) had diarrhea for about 3 days. When she tested positive her husband (67) got tested and he, too, was positive. He was asymptomatic for the duration of their self-quarantine.

My 91 year old mother lives in an assisted living facility in Farmington. In mid-Feb she was recovering from surgery and was stuck in a nursing/rehab facility that became inundated with China virus. 11 residents died. They kept admitting uninfected patients while the dead were being hauled off. Virtually all employees and residents caught the virus. The big problem in NW NM has been the proximity to the Res.

Thankfully my mother had only a mild fever and cough that lasted a weekend. Finally, in early Oct, after 7 nightmare months, her assisted living place (across the street from the nursing home) permitted a return to her apartment. Being in the nursing home damn near killed her. Lousy-ass care, short staffed, horrible management........the proverbial hell hole. She was miserable. At her assisted living facility, they had NO Chna virus because of their strict protocols. My brother-in-law visits her multiple times each week. He must be tested every week to gain admittance.

Going back to March/April the Farmington, San Juan County, and NM State agencies supposedly tasked with overseeing nursing homes were so COMPLETELY unprepared to deal with the China virus pandemic, that dozens needlessly died. My mother's nursing/rehab facility did not have an oversight agency visit the facility till mid-April. No sh!t. My brother-on-law got so far up so many people's asses. New management of the facility credited him with finally getting the NM bureaucrats off their butts. Don't screw with Rocky!!! It should never have come to that. And to hear the sanctimonious edicts coming from the giant hypocrite ass Guv in San Fe makes me want to puke. Small business in NM is dead. Tens of thousands of lives and livelihoods have been needlessly destroyed. She doesn't have a horse's ass concern about it. She rules. Kneel and bow down to her majesty! Don't get me started. Ha!

The good news.......Mom told me yesterday that she would be receiving the new Pfizer vaccines on Dec 17 and Jan 10. It was in a written memo to all residents.

Thank you Pres.Trump for getting the CDC and NHI bureaucrats out of the way and letting the genius of the private market get it done. Thanks for kicking some asses!
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 12-06-2020, 01:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    Yep the NMAA just released a calendar for New Mexico high school sports to start feb 1. The problem is they are getting 0 communication from the governor do they keep trying but are flying blind.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Western NM just cancelled their games with us scheduled for Dec 14 & 15.
    In new mexico this is how things stand at the moment.

After more than a year of "we are in this together" the governor has changed her tune. When all of this started we were told the state was too poor with too few resources and in order to beat this thing all the counties and areas needed to be on the same page doing the same thing. Counties that for months who had very few or 0 cases were held to the same standards as the rest. Essential businesses only, no visitation in nursing homes, etc.

Now as of Dec 2nd after a near complete shutdown for 2 weeks the state is entering into a 3 tiered system, red, yellow, green.

all counties except for 1 is in the red, 1 county is in the yellow,

Thresh holds are as follows

Less than 5% positivity rate and less than 8 cases per 100k within the previous 14 days.

For my county this means we have to have less than 1.5 cases per day for 14 days..... some counties have to have less than one as they are less than 10k residents.

Current restrictions

Businesses with 4 or more "rapid responses" brought on by employees testing positive for Covid must shut down for 14 days

Red
    Essential businesses (non-retail): No capacity restrictions but must limit operations to only those absolutely necessary to carry out essential functions
    Essential retail spaces: 25% of maximum capacity or 75 customers at one time, whichever is smaller
    Food and drink establishments: No indoor dining permitted; 25% of maximum capacity for outdoor dining; any establishment serving alcohol must close by 9 p.m. each night
    Close-contact businesses: 25% of maximum capacity or 10 customers at one time, whichever is smaller
    Outdoor recreational facilities:Close-contact recreational facilities: Remain closed
    All other businesses: 25% of maximum capacity or 75 customers at one time, whichever is smaller
    Houses of worship: May hold religious services, indoors or outdoors, or provide services through audiovisual means, but may not exceed 25% of the maximum capacity of any enclosed space on the premises
    Places of lodging: 40% of maximum occupancy for those that have completed NM Safe Certified training; 25% of maximum occupancy for all others; 5 guests maximum for vacation rentals
    Mass gatherings limit: 5 persons, 10 vehicles

at the Yellow level

Essential businesses (non-retail): No capacity restrictions but operations must be limited to only those absolutely necessary to carry out essential functions
    Essential retail spaces: 25% of maximum capacity or 125 customers at one time, whichever is smaller
    Food and drink establishments: 25% of maximum capacity for indoor dining; 75% of maximum capacity for outdoors dining; any establishment serving alcohol must close by 10 p.m. each night
    Close-contact businesses: 25% of maximum capacity or 20 customers at one time, whichever is smaller
    Outdoor recreational facilities: Close-contact recreational facilities: Remain closed
    All other businesses: 25% of maximum capacity or 125 customers at one time, whichever is smaller
    Houses of worship: May hold religious services, indoors or outdoors, or provide services through audiovisual means, but may not exceed 25% of the maximum capacity of any enclosed space on the premises
    Places of lodging: 60% of maximum occupancy for those that have completed NM Safe Certified training; 25% of maximum occupancy for all others; 5 guests maximum for vacation rentals
    Mass gatherings limit: 10 persons; 25 vehicles

At the Green level

Essential businesses (non-retail): No capacity restrictions but operations must be limited to only those absolutely necessary to carry out essential functions
    Essential retail spaces: 50% of maximum capacity
    Food and drink establishments: 50% of maximum capacity for indoor dining; 75% of maximum capacity for outdoor dining
    Close-contact businesses: 50% of maximum capacity
    Outdoor recreational facilities:Close-contact recreational facilities: Remain closed
    All other businesses: 50% of maximum capacity
    Houses of worship: May hold religious services, indoors or outdoors, or provide services through audiovisual means, but may not exceed 50% of the maximum capacity of any enclosed space on the premises
    Places of lodging: 75% of maximum occupancy for those that have completed NM Safe Certified training; 40% of maximum occupancy for all others; 10 guests maximum for vacation rentals
    Mass gatherings limit: 20 persons, 100 vehicles

There is no plan in place where we get back to normal lives..... only "controlled" interaction that could be yanked away at any moment.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Western NM just cancelled their games with us scheduled for Dec 14 & 15.

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

While your enduring the pandemic I had an idea for you. Petition your Governor and tell her that Califorknee is the place you ought to be and you will help her load up her truck so she can move to Beverly .... Hills that is ....65,000 plus homeless defecating in the streets, 765 mid level to major corporations have left in the last decade with another 300 to 500 looking for a way out, defunding police, free access to the sanctuary cities for illegals. Should be an awesome move for the Governor.

A recent poll by UC Berkeley stated over half of the residents want out. Main reasons are heavy taxation, political culture, and overall cost of living.....hmmmm yes I will continue to have the same ideas and views and expect a different result. Definition of insanity for sure.
    Dude if only...

Right now I'm terrified she will be named Health Sec for Biden, then the rest of the country can get a taste of her awesome ideas....

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied
    Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Laugh it off all you want its the truth.

Veneszuela.....
    While your enduring the pandemic I had an idea for you. Petition your Governor and tell her that Califorknee is the place you ought to be and you will help her load up her truck so she can move to Beverly .... Hills that is ....65,000 plus homeless defecating in the streets, 765 mid level to major corporations have left in the last decade with another 300 to 500 looking for a way out, defunding police, free access to the sanctuary cities for illegals. Should be an awesome move for the Governor.

A recent poll by UC Berkeley stated over half of the residents want out. Main reasons are heavy taxation, political culture, and overall cost of living.....hmmmm yes I will continue to have the same ideas and views and expect a different result. Definition of insanity for sure.

Leave a comment:

• OPSUALUM77&81
    replied
    https://uswathletics.com/news/2020/1...ng-update.aspx

New Mexico's loss. I wonder what the economic impact will be for Tyler, Texas.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

Laugh it off all you want its the truth.

Veneszuela.....
    LOL, just when I say you're too much you go further and mention a random country like Venezuela. Chavez came back from the dead to interfere with our election this year too I know.

https://time.com/5512005/venezuela-u...latin-america/

As for history, yes please read up.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

I dont think this is what they had in mind with the law in question.

That is the problem today, poorly written laws that ambitious executives use to go WAY beyond what they should do..
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I am thankful for all my freedom!! Especially freedom of speech.

And the freedom to choose white or dark turkey. ;)

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Boo, the argument you made was that the NM Governor did not have the right to do what they are doing. That is somehow takes away your constitutional rights. That is incorrect. Based on Public Health Emergencies, the NM statutes grants special Executive Order rights to your Governor. This information is readily available for your reading.

I suggest ALL citizens read the US Constitution front to back; Read their State's Constitution and ALL Statutes. They will then be well educated on their rights and better versed when these topics come up.

Have a SAFE & HAPPY Thanksgiving! Be THANKFUL you are alive and healthy to enjoy another Thanksgiving.
    I dont think this is what they had in mind with the law in question.

That is the problem today, poorly written laws that ambitious executives use to go WAY beyond what they should do..

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Yeah its funny how certain parts of Texas are reacting to the virus. In Austin and surrounding suburbs (Lockhart) you would get asked and reminded about masks and if it was essential where you are going at the start of it. In Montgomery county no one gives a crap about either enforcing or wearing masks for the most part now. Also there was plenty of ammo to buy around Austin. Here not so much.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

Study history, often times the very things that dictators and tyrants build their reasoning upon for doing what they do is public safety. We wrote a constitution that severely restricts government fir a reason.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions..

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

Study history, often times the very things that dictators and tyrants build their reasoning upon for doing what they do is public safety. We wrote a constitution that severely restricts government fir a reason.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions..
    Boo, the argument you made was that the NM Governor did not have the right to do what they are doing. That is somehow takes away your constitutional rights. That is incorrect. Based on Public Health Emergencies, the NM statutes grants special Executive Order rights to your Governor. This information is readily available for your reading.

I suggest ALL citizens read the US Constitution front to back; Read their State's Constitution and ALL Statutes. They will then be well educated on their rights and better versed when these topics come up.

Have a SAFE & HAPPY Thanksgiving! Be THANKFUL you are alive and healthy to enjoy another Thanksgiving.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X