Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASU Football

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    Then they should purposefully suck at other stuff!
    People will tolerate other sports being decent, mediocre football is unacceptable especially continued mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      I am glad I got to experience 2010. Obviously 2010 wasn't like the golden days, but it was close enough to get the general feeling.
      Yes it was my friend. And it was on a holiday weekend which means the week before or after would have been even more electric. It doesn't seem that long ago, but dang time flies. I probably had my then ten year old with me who just graduated from high school last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
        People will tolerate other sports being decent, mediocre football is unacceptable especially continued mediocrity.
        I like that. Can I borrow it for the upcoming season?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
          I like that. Can I borrow it for the upcoming season?
          Go ahead. I also have alcohol if you think you'll need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
            Go ahead. I also have alcohol if you think you'll need it.
            Thanks and I might (probably will ) take you up on that. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
              I am at a dangerous place with ASU football, since 2000 ASU has made the playoffs 2 times and have won more than 6 games only 4 times in that span. I am almost to the point of I don't care whether football loses or wins. I enjoy the tailgating and the hanging out with friends during the games but due to the lack of winning for almost 2 decades I just don't think we (the University and powers that be) care enough about football to do whatever it takes to get us over the hump. I mean look at every other sport on campus, (not including cross country because I believe we use that sport just for training for track season & scholarships) every other sport is consistently in the hunt for deep playoff runs. In the last 5 years alone, volleyball as made the Elite 8, both basketball teams have made it to the Sweet 16, soccer has won conference championships and advanced to regional finals, softball has made 2 trips to the world series, baseball has made 2 trips to the World Series, track on both sides is always in the running at the National meet. What gives, why can't football be at that level or at least be good on a consistent basis? What do those sports have that football does not? Every sport (outside of basketball) has had the same coaches for a long period of time. I would say facilities are all equal.

Can our football staff not recruit? Can we not develop? Whats the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                I am at a dangerous place with ASU football, since 2000 ASU has made the playoffs 2 times and have won more than 6 games only 4 times in that span. I am almost to the point of I don't care whether football loses or wins. I enjoy the tailgating and the hanging out with friends during the games but due to the lack of winning for almost 2 decades I just don't think we (the University and powers that be) care enough about football to do whatever it takes to get us over the hump. I mean look at every other sport on campus, (not including cross country because I believe we use that sport just for training for track season & scholarships) every other sport is consistently in the hunt for deep playoff runs. In the last 5 years alone, volleyball as made the Elite 8, both basketball teams have made it to the Sweet 16, soccer has won conference championships and advanced to regional finals, softball has made 2 trips to the world series, baseball has made 2 trips to the World Series, track on both sides is always in the running at the National meet. What gives, why can't football be at that level or at least be good on a consistent basis? What do those sports have that football does not? Every sport (outside of basketball) has had the same coaches for a long period of time. I would say facilities are all equal.

Can our football staff not recruit? Can we not develop? Whats the deal?
                Could it be that potential recruits don't find the arid Angelo landscape attractive and San Angelo to be in the middle of B.F.E.? Or, could it be that ASU has next to zero traditions? Same could be said for TAMU-K. Kingsville is an absolute dump, if you ask me. TAMU-K has a beautiful campus, but the drive to get there is eyesore after eyesore. Like in real estate... location, location, location.

Comment

Originally posted by TarletonStateTexan View Post
                  Could it be that potential recruits don't find the arid Angelo landscape attractive and San Angelo to be in the middle of B.F.E.? Or, could it be that ASU has next to zero traditions? Same could be said for TAMU-K. Kingsville is an absolute dump, if you ask me. TAMU-K has a beautiful campus, but the drive to get there is eyesore after eyesore. Like in real estate... location, location, location.
                  I don't buy the location thing being as much of a problem as you make it out to be. You're trying to tell me that Wichita Falls and Canyon are that much better of locations than San Angelo? Heck even Tarleton isn't in great location, the only thing going for Stephenville is that is within 2 hours of Dallas. Maybe location is more of an issue than I am giving it credit for because I can't find any other reason.

Comment

I would expect this leash to be extremely short. 2 years max without results.

Comment

Stephenville is perfectly situated... 1.5-2 hours from DFW Metro (depending on where you're headed in the city) and just a little over 2 hours north of Austin. Tarleton is also perfectly centered in the conference footprint. And as far as Wichita Falls and Canyon: in one you get to enjoy retreated sewage as your drinking water supply, and the other smells like a feedlot 24/7 with NO trees to block the stinky winds.

Comment

Comment

Yeah it's annoying that they can be a national top 5-20 team in every other sport but football. Whenever they start a new sport even they're instantly really good. If they don't care enough about football it's bizarre. Because a small % of people care about them being good in any of those other sports. But if they were elite at football the entire city would jump on the bandwagon.

San Angelo is an attractive town but it is far away from anything. I'd think once visiting it would look more attractive than most DII locales. What traditions do the other schools have that ASU and Kingsville don't? Coincidentally those two schools used to have the top two football teams in the LSC every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                            Yeah it's annoying that they can be a national top 5-20 team in every other sport but football. Whenever they start a new sport even they're instantly really good. If they don't care enough about football it's bizarre. Because a small % of people care about them being good in any of those other sports. But if they were elite at football the entire city would jump on the bandwagon.

San Angelo is an attractive town but it is far away from anything. I'd think once visiting it would look more attractive than most DII locales. What traditions do the other schools have that ASU and Kingsville don't? Coincidentally those two schools used to have the top two football teams in the LSC every year.

Comment

So said a bunch of Real Estate speculators in the 80's and mid 2000's. They lost their pants, shirt and undies too. Gosh I hope you have a backup plan if you are one of them.

So tell me which scenic drive leads to Stephenville? US 281??? Okie dokie. Good grief you still live in the Prohibition era in Erath Country so you shouldn't be one to lecture the rest.

Comment

I'd venture when TAMUK had the mojo going on the football field during the earlier part of this still young century, the city was less attractive then than it is now. Growth on campus has helped to change that. It still needs some work, but it's headed in the right direction. But the football facilities need an infusion and in this day and age where kids want bling, you have to be proactive and not reactive. To this point, we haven't been active at all where to their credit others have been proactive. So at the end of the day when all the rest of the LSC schools get done with theirs, we will be reactive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X