Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASU Football

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    Yeah, looks like you guys had a secondary that couldn't cover a bed with a blanket.
    THIS is exactly right.

Angelo's front 7 were solid....back 4 killed the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      It might put up a lot of yards but it's not a winning offense. I would have forced Wagner to make offensive changes rather than get rid of him.
      How do you force a HC to do something? Either you have faith in him or you don't. He is hired to do a job. Fired if he doesn't. Wag was fired.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        How do you force a HC to do something? Either you have faith in him or you don't. He is hired to do a job. Fired if he doesn't. Wag was fired.
        Fair enough. That's a fair assessment too. I think the AD has to coach the head coaches as well as they have the ability to see the forest in spite of the trees. Sometimes coaches are too myopic. I was just saying what I would do. Your approach is perfectly fine as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
          Yep, so awesome he got the last HC $h!t canned. Not sold on the hire. And, if he does do well it speaks volumes to what in the h3ll was he doing with the D as coordinator. IMHO it is a lose lose hire.
          Geez-us, give the guy a break. Lets see what he does in '19 before he is castrated.

IMHO, and as I stated last season, Angelo needs a DISCIPLINARIAN coach. They need a "Drill Instructure" to lay down the rules for both on and off field performance & behavior. INCLUDING GRADES. They need a coach that DEMANDS excellence and gets it from every player. I am not talking about a 1/2 azz. I mean the REAL DEAL, "WINNER" coach.

Wag could have stayed if they would have brought in a coach who had the power to discipline players as he saw fit. And could lay down the law. Wag is a great X's and O's guy and a good admin guy. You NEED more to be a winner.

VERY FEW guys are going to build a NC program and powerhouse. They just don't have the "it" factor.

Winners breed winners! You MUST be a winner to win. If you have "it", then you understand what I am saying. If you don't, then you haven't a clue and accept mediocrity.

I am not sure Girsch is THE guy, but we shall find out soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            Fair enough. That's a fair assessment too. I think the AD has to coach the head coaches as well as they have the ability to see the forest in spite of the trees. Sometimes coaches are too myopic. I was just saying what I would do. Your approach is perfectly fine as well.
            Fair enough. Then you must have a football minded guy as AD.

For me it's all about accountability. From top to bottom. EVERYONE held accountable.

Comment

Fair enough. Then you must have a football minded guy as AD.

For me it's all about accountability. From top to bottom. EVERYONE held accountable.

Comment

Lol. I work in Denver 3 days a week when I'm in Colorado but sure. Sounds like she was maybe smoking something else. This is the most absurd post I've ever read on any forum. I'm currently in Dallas, have to say I can find plenty of unpleasant smells and drugs and homeless individuals defecating and urinating in public if I head to the right areas. Must be all the legal marijuana here right? Lol, smoke so bad outside that it settled in her hair hahahaha. Amazing. I'm betting she has Fox News on at her house 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                  Lol. I work in Denver 3 days a week when I'm in Colorado but sure. Sounds like she was maybe smoking something else. This is the most absurd post I've ever read on any forum. I'm currently in Dallas, have to say I can find plenty of unpleasant smells and drugs and homeless individuals defecating and urinating in public if I head to the right areas. Must be all the legal marijuana here right? Lol, smoke so bad outside that it settled in her hair hahahaha. Amazing. I'm betting she has Fox News on at her house 24/7.
                  Wait until Mushrooms become the drug of choice in Denver. LOL. They might have to ask San Francisco if they can copy their human poop on the sidewalk map.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                    Wait until Mushrooms become the drug of choice in Denver. LOL. They might have to ask San Francisco if they can copy their human poop on the sidewalk map.
                    It's almost like it'll look like parts of every big city, crazy!

Still laughing at the obviously crazy business woman described above. :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                      Both of you sound ABSURD!!!

Colorado ranks 11th in Homelessness in America; Texas ranks 38th (as of 2018)
                      https://www.statista.com/statistics/...e-us-by-state/

However, Denver has a 12.2% homeless rate; Dallas has a 18.5%

Texas is the #2 most populated state in the US/US Territories; Colorado is #22 most populated state in the US/US Territories.

Working with the homeless on a weekly basis in Dallas, I can tell you that VERY, VERY few stay on the streets. However, the most common issue amongst the homeless is susbtance abuse, followed by mental illness. Unfortunately, many of the mentally ill got that way from years of substance abuse......especially crack cocaine, crystal meth, and heroine. The last statistics that we received in March from Austin Street & the Salvation Army shows that over 95% of the homeless admitted to smoking marijuana (legal or otherwise) daily. 92% admitted that marijuana led to other drug use.

Whichever side of the political fence you sit, we have a homeless problem that should never exist in this country. We have an even larger substance abuse problem. Liberals, nor Conservatives in "government" have done much to resolve either. Politicians are morons just like lawyers...........oh WAIT............they are one in the same.

Now back to Angelo State Football. (on a side note, in 6 years of attending Angelo State games, I never once saw a homeless person in San Angelo....nor smelled marijuana)

*I am an Independent voter (lean conservative)......I vote for the BEST PERSON regardless of party affiliation.

Comment

Texas is the #2 most populated state in the US/US Territories; Colorado is #22 most populated state in the US/US Territories.

Working with the homeless on a weekly basis in Dallas, I can tell you that VERY, VERY few stay on the streets. However, the most common issue amongst the homeless is susbtance abuse, followed by mental illness. Unfortunately, many of the mentally ill got that way from years of substance abuse......especially crack cocaine, crystal meth, and heroine. The last statistics that we received in March from Austin Street & the Salvation Army shows that over 95% of the homeless admitted to smoking marijuana (legal or otherwise) daily. 92% admitted that marijuana led to other drug use.

Whichever side of the political fence you sit, we have a homeless problem that should never exist in this country. We have an even larger substance abuse problem. Liberals, nor Conservatives in "government" have done much to resolve either. Politicians are morons just like lawyers...........oh WAIT............they are one in the same.

Now back to Angelo State Football. (on a side note, in 6 years of attending Angelo State games, I never once saw a homeless person in San Angelo....nor smelled marijuana)

*I am an Independent voter (lean conservative)......I vote for the BEST PERSON regardless of party affiliation.

That is not the homeless rate, that is the percentage of people living below the poverty level.

I do agree that they both do sound absurd.
                        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

You took this way more seriously than I was to be honest. Yes, there's a homeless problem in the country, as well as a lack of care for the mentally ill, the issues go on and on. The problem was there prior to the legalization of marijuana in CO, it'll be there if the law is reversed. The homeless problem in Colorado Springs, which does NOT allow recreational marijuana has exploded in the last decade. Rent prices have also exploded. Not a coincidence.

I find it humorous that a random business lady experienced all of these things, and took the time to talk to a police officer about it, on a short business trip but I consistently work in Denver and don't experience this outdoor cloud of marijuana smoke that makes one just smell of marijuana. Sorry, that's simply untrue. A bit of reefer madness it seems.

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/ne...on/3215586002/

Pretty low number for a town of 100K but why has it doubled so quickly?

Comment

Comment

I agree with this post.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                                That is not the homeless rate, that is the percentage of people living below the poverty level.

I do agree that they both do sound absurd.
                                You are absolutely right. Lmao.... Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X