Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASU Football

Consistenly no what? Being the top two in the conference? I'm talking about used to as in 40+ years ago to 20 years ago. Angelo State had something like 20+ straight winning seasons, was nationally ranked every year, and usually came in second to Kingsville until the very end of the Vandergriff era on.

Regardless ASU CAN be a national power in DII football if they do things right.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
      Thanks and I might (probably will ) take you up on that. LOL!
      Lol. I only ask you don't drink all of my Fireball. I have the Cowboys season to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
        Lol. I only ask you don't drink all of my Fireball. I have the Cowboys season to think about.
        LMAO....."Fireball".

"What you have here is smooth whisky with a fiery kick of red hot cinnamon. It tastes like heaven, burns like hell. What happens next is up to you."

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          Consistenly no what? Being the top two in the conference? I'm talking about used to as in 40+ years ago to 20 years ago. Angelo State had something like 20+ straight winning seasons, was nationally ranked every year, and usually came in second to Kingsville until the very end of the Vandergriff era on.

He's in agreement. ASU could be good, but until they have a winner as a coach who can turn around the program, ASUs history will remain just that.

Comment

He's in agreement. ASU could be good, but until they have a winner as a coach who can turn around the program, ASUs history will remain just that.
            100%. No question about it!!!

When I get a few minutes, I will give my 2 cents on this......AGAIN

Comment

LOL! I'd stock up now and get plenty of it!

Comment

LOL! I'd stock up now and get plenty of it!
                I usually do, especially now that the NFL is investigating Elliot... again..

Comment

I usually do, especially now that the NFL is investigating Elliot... again..
                  Did you watch the Elliot incident video? A big nothing burger. Elliot walked up to barney fife, who peremptorily fell down like he was blown on. This will go nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post

NO, as in neither school has been consistently good for at least a decade. Sorry for not breaking out the ancient of days encyclopedia to see results from the last century. Some of my delusional friends still believe the Cowboys are a premier team in the NFL as far as winning goes. They tell me all the time how good they are. Its sad. I grew up in the golden age of the Cowboys where not winning a divisional title was an off season. Since the Jimmy Jerry divorce its been life as a bottom feeder in the NFL with occasional decent season but NEVER a great year. Jerry is the king of 1 million excuses. He must have wrote the book. He is without a doubt a great business person. Who else could feed such a lousy product to people and they believe they are really good. Jerry knows little to nothing about how to win games in the NFL and his record proves it. So, when you want to get out of the past and start living in the now then you will see what your program needs and hopefully push for it or at least bit** about it until some movement is made in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                      Did you watch the Elliot incident video? A big nothing burger. Elliot walked up to barney fife, who peremptorily fell down like he was blown on. This will go nowhere.
                      This is Goodell. I doubt anything will come of it but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                        NO, as in neither school has been consistently good for at least a decade. Sorry for not breaking out the ancient of days encyclopedia to see results from the last century. Some of my delusional friends still believe the Cowboys are a premier team in the NFL as far as winning goes. They tell me all the time how good they are. Its sad. I grew up in the golden age of the Cowboys where not winning a divisional title was an off season. Since the Jimmy Jerry divorce its been life as a bottom feeder in the NFL with occasional decent season but NEVER a great year. Jerry is the king of 1 million excuses. He must have wrote the book. He is without a doubt a great business person. Who else could feed such a lousy product to people and they believe they are really good. Jerry knows little to nothing about how to win games in the NFL and his record proves it. So, when you want to get out of the past and start living in the now then you will see what your program needs and hopefully push for it or at least bit** about it until some movement is made in the right direction.
                        I was obviously not talking about the last 10 years, so you could assume I was talking about a time before that. All I did was say that those two used to be the best and now aren't. I wasn't making excuses or living in the past. I've been a pretty harsh critic of Rams football over the last 10-20 years. But I guess you felt like making a Cowboys rant.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          LMAO....."Fireball".

"What you have here is smooth whisky with a fiery kick of red hot cinnamon. It tastes like heaven, burns like hell. What happens next is up to you."
                          Put me in San Angelo and I'll Dr. Strangelove the Ram...

Comment

From everything I have heard, Girsch is awesome. However, I agree that if they were going to replace Wagner they should have opened it up for interviews.

Comment

So said a bunch of Real Estate speculators in the 80's and mid 2000's. They lost their pants, shirt and undies too. Gosh I hope you have a backup plan if you are one of them.

So tell me which scenic drive leads to Stephenville? US 281??? Okie dokie. Good grief you still live in the Prohibition era in Erath Country so you shouldn't be one to lecture the rest.
                              You can buy beer and wine in Stephenville stores. You can also liquor at most restaurants.
                              Last edited by TexanFan; 05-29-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

One local radio guy used to say that if location was such a big deal why didn't Hawaii win the football championship every year?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X