Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASU Football

So I read where Angelo State have signed for a home and home with Colorado Mines. I don't know the details, but if Game 1 is in Angelo, will the Ewes show up in Golden the next season after the Orediggers shear them, or follow ASU standard operating procedure by bailing on the road game with Mines to schedule a home game with East Texas Beauty and Barber College?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      Let's see, in 2015 didn't your NC team take a shellacking 31-7 in the playoffs????

Hey....keep your chin up Buckaroo, maybe one day you guys will actually beat Minnesota St.-Mankato. :laugh:
      We did. Won the National Championship and everything.

Comment

I figure they'd slot in the middle of the pack. Consistently behind CSU Pueblo and Colorado Mines, battling it out with Mesa, Chadron and SD Mines to see who would be 3rd. They would almost always dominate NM Highlands, Fort Lewis, Western, A ams and Black Hills State.

Comment

So question, why are RMAC fans trolling ASUpops? Y'all run out of Munchies to eata nd Cheech and Chong movies?
          Last edited by Vulpes88; 05-28-2019, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
            So question, why are RMAC fans trolling ASUpops? Y'all run out of Munchies to eata nd Cheech and Chong movies?
            I am the MASTER button pusher; sh!t stirrer. Everyone wants to compete with the BEST.

These JV bench warmers are TRYING to get in the game.....but are FAILING miserably. It's embarrassing to watch.

Keep practicing lil pups; my lil pets.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
              I am the MASTER button pusher; sh!t stirrer. Everyone wants to compete with the BEST.

These JV bench warmers are TRYING to get in the game.....but are FAILING miserably. It's embarrassing to watch.

Keep practicing lil pups; my lil pets.
              See, I'm thinking they're bored because of my stated reasons. To really talk trash, wait until Angelo States football season.

Comment

See, I'm thinking they're bored because of my stated reasons. To really talk trash, wait until Angelo States football season.
                Maybe your munchies/Up In Smoke reasons are correct.

Comment

I am at a dangerous place with ASU football, since 2000 ASU has made the playoffs 2 times and have won more than 6 games only 4 times in that span. I am almost to the point of I don't care whether football loses or wins. I enjoy the tailgating and the hanging out with friends during the games but due to the lack of winning for almost 2 decades I just don't think we (the University and powers that be) care enough about football to do whatever it takes to get us over the hump. I mean look at every other sport on campus, (not including cross country because I believe we use that sport just for training for track season & scholarships) every other sport is consistently in the hunt for deep playoff runs. In the last 5 years alone, volleyball as made the Elite 8, both basketball teams have made it to the Sweet 16, soccer has won conference championships and advanced to regional finals, softball has made 2 trips to the world series, baseball has made 2 trips to the World Series, track on both sides is always in the running at the National meet. What gives, why can't football be at that level or at least be good on a consistent basis? What do those sports have that football does not? Every sport (outside of basketball) has had the same coaches for a long period of time. I would say facilities are all equal.

Can our football staff not recruit? Can we not develop? Whats the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                    I am at a dangerous place with ASU football, since 2000 ASU has made the playoffs 2 times and have won more than 6 games only 4 times in that span. I am almost to the point of I don't care whether football loses or wins. I enjoy the tailgating and the hanging out with friends during the games but due to the lack of winning for almost 2 decades I just don't think we (the University and powers that be) care enough about football to do whatever it takes to get us over the hump. I mean look at every other sport on campus, (not including cross country because I believe we use that sport just for training for track season & scholarships) every other sport is consistently in the hunt for deep playoff runs. In the last 5 years alone, volleyball as made the Elite 8, both basketball teams have made it to the Sweet 16, soccer has won conference championships and advanced to regional finals, softball has made 2 trips to the world series, baseball has made 2 trips to the World Series, track on both sides is always in the running at the National meet. What gives, why can't football be at that level or at least be good on a consistent basis? What do those sports have that football does not? Every sport (outside of basketball) has had the same coaches for a long period of time. I would say facilities are all equal.

It's hard to be good at everything. Having said that, isn't the program much better than it was even 10 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                      It's hard to be good at everything. Having said that, isn't the program much better than it was even 10 years ago?
                      Yeah it's hard, but this is Texas. Football is king.

Comment

Giddyup!! +1

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post

As a TAMUK Alum/ Fan I hate to say I can relate. We've seen some good upward progression in most of our sports and even a few which are new on campus like Women's Tennis and Golf. Men's baseball went to the CWS last year and has been to the playoffs several times. Track saw the men win the team title last year (7th this year) and had some great individual performance before and since then with both Women and Men's teams. Women's beach volleyball won the title last season and was runner up this year and the indoor version is building a competitive team vs where it was just a few seasons ago. Men's basketball is showing some upward progression and I think they will have a breakthrough season next year and women's basketball has just announced a good hire, so we shall see if he can get that program back on track. And of course we just saw the softball team come up short on Monday of winning their first CWS and they promise to be back in the mix for the playoffs and a CWS next season with a bulk of the team coming back. BUT the football program has just been treading water and that might be putting it nicely. I think it's pretty much sunk. We have new AD who started in November and President on board as of January, but really nothing has been publicly disclosed about how they see the future of the football program in the athletic departments mission. The last AD pretty much was ho hum about the program and seemed like he was gung ho on building up the other programs (mainly women's) with spending more money on scholarships and facilities at the expense of football to the point we were not fully funding the LSC max allowed in scholarships. I haven't heard if that is the same vision the new crew has or if they have a totally new vision and it will evolve in the next few months.

The thing is the University is now close to the 9000 enrollment mark and we are coming close to a full decade of students who have come through who don't have a clue how it was on that campus when the football program was winning and playing football well into November and December. Unless they went to one of those games as a young child or they hear about it from one of us who got to experience it multiple times before and since our attendance at A&I/TAMUK. I wish people would wake up to this very aspect of the issue.
                          Last edited by LSC Fan; 05-29-2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

As much as the sports world has evolved around the state on all levels from youth leagues to the pro leagues, football still rules the roost. We all cheer when one of our local high schools do well in another sport and in some cases the other sports might have more state title hardware individually or collectively, but football is what puts you on the map and part of the conversation. Same goes with college sports. The hype Texas Tech got for their Final Four appearance was forgotten a week later and it really doesn't matter outside the Tech sphere of fans their baseball team is doing well too. Tech is defined by the what their football team does on the field and they even know it. Same goes for every other college in this state who has a football team and if you don't have a football team, your athletic department is almost a ghost out there unless they make a little noise in another team sport on the national level. I mean you could probably go up to the average Joe or Jan in the north Texas area who might keep up with sports and ask him/her about UT-Arlington athletics and you would get a blank look because they are hardly heard of them because they don't have football team. Same went for UTSA until they started a football program.
                            Last edited by LSC Fan; 05-29-2019, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Then they should purposefully suck at other stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                                As a TAMUK Alum/ Fan I hate to say I can relate. We've seen some good upward progression in most of our sports and even a few which are new on campus like Women's Tennis and Golf. Men's baseball went to the CWS last year and has been to the playoffs several times. Track saw the men win the team title last year (7th this year) and had some great individual performance before and since then with both Women and Men's teams. Women's beach volleyball won the title last season and was runner up this year and the indoor version is building a competitive team vs where it was just a few seasons ago. Men's basketball is showing some upward progression and I think they will have a breakthrough season next year and women's basketball has just announced a good hire, so we shall see if he can get that program back on track. And of course we just saw the softball team come up short on Monday of winning their first CWS and they promise to be back in the mix for the playoffs and a CWS next season with a bulk of the team coming back. BUT the football program has just been treading water and that might be putting it nicely. I think it's pretty much sunk. We have new AD who started in November and President on board as of January, but really nothing has been publicly disclosed about how they see the future of the football program in the athletic departments mission. The last AD pretty much was ho hum about the program and seemed like he was gung ho on building up the other programs (mainly women's) with spending more money on scholarships and facilities at the expense of football to the point we were not fully funding the LSC max allowed in scholarships. I haven't heard if that is the same vision the new crew has or if they have a totally new vision and it will evolve in the next few months.

The thing is the University is now close to the 9000 enrollment mark and we are coming close to a full decade of students who have come through who don't have a clue how it was on that campus when the football program was winning and playing football well into November and December. Unless they went to one of those games as a young child or they hear about it from one of us who got to experience it multiple times before and since our attendance at A&I/TAMUK. I don't think some in our current and former administration quite comprehend that aspect of it?
                                I am glad I got to experience 2010. Obviously 2010 wasn't like the golden days, but it was close enough to get the general feeling.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X