Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    WT can make plenty of errors and still blow out the NAIA teams. Playing UTPB will be a shock after that first game. Sloppy won't get it done.

I looked at Commerce's schedule. No NAIA teams. They are playing U of Fort Lauderdale, a D1 team, but I doubt they are that great.

Pittsburg State has no NAIA teams on their schedule either. Angelo is playing Simon Fraser, which is almost a bye, but at least they are a D2 team.

Even the Peccaries have a tougher schedule than WT. The only questionable team they are playing is Lincoln University in Oakland, a school of less than 600 students. I couldn't find out what affiliation they have, so it's probably none.

It's sad that WT has to pad their schedule with joke teams.
    Agree 100%

Comment

WT can make plenty of errors and still blow out the NAIA teams. Playing UTPB will be a shock after that first game. Sloppy won't get it done.

I looked at Commerce's schedule. No NAIA teams. They are playing U of Fort Lauderdale, a D1 team, but I doubt they are that great.

Pittsburg State has no NAIA teams on their schedule either. Angelo is playing Simon Fraser, which is almost a bye, but at least they are a D2 team.

Even the Peccaries have a tougher schedule than WT. The only questionable team they are playing is Lincoln University in Oakland, a school of less than 600 students. I couldn't find out what affiliation they have, so it's probably none.

It's sad that WT has to pad their schedule with joke teams.

Comment

Thanks for the correction. It's not easy getting around their website as ads for UFL apparel pop up on every page. They ARE D1, but yes, in the NCCAA.

Too bad about Azusa, WT picked up a pretty good wide receiver from them.

https://thenccaa.org/sports/2017/6/1...x#Division%20I

Comment

OMG!!! They are not even a JUCO or NAIA level. Not even HS Varsity!! I just watched a video on their football website. They don't have the talent of a 9th/10th grade Select Football team!!

WTH???

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

OMG!!! They are not even a JUCO or NAIA level. Not even HS Varsity!! I just watched a video on their football website. They don't have the talent of a 9th/10th grade Select Football team!!

WTH???
            Well, with only a $2,500 guarantee they are traveling by tramp steamer (re: Conrad's Heart of Darkness), using Bwanna Helpers Ground Transportation, camping out in Commerce homeless tents, and eating on forged Waffle House gift cards. Does that explain it for you?
            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 06-25-2021, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

WTH???
              Remember, WT played North American last year. Looks like their schedule update team is nearly as bad as their football team.

https://www.na.edu/athletics/schedule/

Comment

Remember, WT played North American last year. Looks like their schedule update team is nearly as bad as their football team.

Yeah. I wonder if the 2 NAIA schools were pad providers or was WT really unable to find more appropriate opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Yeah. I wonder if the 2 NAIA schools were pad providers or was WT really unable to find more appropriate opponents.
                  Last year they were desperate for games. This year, I would bet on the padding.

Comment

Combination of both? Would be easier to go into the Ad's office and say "Hey I went 9-2 this season and one win away from the playoffs" Instead of 8-3 or 7-4. Surely the AD will be able to see through that.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Combination of both? Would be easier to go into the Ad's office and say "Hey I went 9-2 this season and one win away from the playoffs" Instead of 8-3 or 7-4. Surely the AD will be able to see through that.
                      ....may have had to do a 2 year agreement, also......

Comment

North American is HOSTING Eastern New Mexico in Houston on Nov. 6 (Week 10). ENMU also plays Lincoln (Calif.) on Oct. 2 (Week 5). I'm convinced someone in Portales saw TCU schedule FCS Duquesne as the Frogs' home opener and told TCU, "Hold my beer and watch this" as far as cupcake city games go in college football.

Speaking of LU-California, not only do they show up on UTPB's schedule (Oct. 9/Week 6), but UFL makes is UTPB's opening week opponent.

I get that it's harder for LSC teams to find D2 opponents with the way the GNAC is contracting (Humboldt and Azusa Pacific gone) and with defections to FCS in recent years (Tarleton, Dixie State, ACU), but come on.
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

North American is HOSTING Eastern New Mexico in Houston on Nov. 6 (Week 10). ENMU also plays Lincoln (Calif.) on Oct. 2 (Week 5). I'm convinced someone in Portales saw TCU schedule FCS Duquesne as the Frogs' home opener and told TCU, "Hold my beer and watch this" as far as cupcake city games go in college football.

Speaking of LU-California, not only do they show up on UTPB's schedule (Oct. 9/Week 6), but UFL makes is UTPB's opening week opponent.

I get that it's harder for LSC teams to find D2 opponents with the way the GNAC is contracting (Humboldt and Azusa Pacific gone) and with defections to FCS in recent years (Tarleton, Dixie State, ACU), but come on.
                          Yep and more defections from the LSC are probably on the horizon now that the Southland has lost several teams. If its going to be this difficult scheduling D2 games as is then I can't imagine the LSC teams that get left behind. In WT's case you may be begging to join the RMAC/GNAC or time to stop spinning their wheels and go to FCS.

Is the LSC in any negotiations to invite football schools to replace Tarleton or any other future defections?

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

UTPB is going to have 3 uneven weeks. They will get a bye against UFL, then will play WT, then ACU. In the next 3 games they play, WNMU is probably the best opponent.

What a mess!

Comment

UTPB is going to have 3 uneven weeks. They will get a bye against UFL, then will play WT, then ACU. In the next 3 games they play, WNMU is probably the best opponent.

What a mess!
                              At any rate no matter the schedule win the conference its a moot point and you get some home playoff games.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yep and more defections from the LSC are probably on the horizon now that the Southland has lost several teams. If its going to be this difficult scheduling D2 games as is then I can't imagine the LSC teams that get left behind. In WT's case you may be begging to join the RMAC/GNAC or time to stop spinning their wheels and go to FCS.

Is the LSC in any negotiations to invite football schools to replacea Tarleton or any other future defections?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X