Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

There was no mention of what conference ASU might be looking at. I do know that ASU has received several invitations to join the SLC since 2005.

Think it was 2014 that ASU hired a consultant to determine if ASU is in a position to move up. They gave a list of what needed to happen; the three things I remember were 10K enrollment, an on campus stadium and control of the game day experience.

I went back and fact checked myself. It was 2011 and the #1 factor was that ASU would need to increase their athletics budget by around $6,000,000
    Hope Angelo State is able to pull it off. LSC is starting to look like a ghost town for football.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

No problem, I knew TAMUC had been in talks since last fall but I had know idea the SLC had reached out to ASU as well and possibly other in the LSC. The Southland is desperate and desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm even surprised they moved this quickly.

At this point the LSC football has been further weakened and with silo scheduling will not be fun for who is left. I definitely could see an exodus of a few more but I believe the WAC window has closed. UTRGV is serious about adding football which would give them 8 FCS schools plus an alliance with the ASUN.

Southland could still take a couple more after that your stuck.
      Yeah agree with the bolded statement 100%. When these ships sail the next openings may not occur for a while unless the Southland wants to force Corpus Christi and New Orleans out because they are non football conference schools.

Comment

Comment

Looks like the Lions are involved with an announcement tomorrow- Sept 28th at 11 AM Central time.

Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Looks like the Lions are involved with an announcement tomorrow- Sept 28th at 11 AM Central time.

Facebook

Off-Topic What is going on in the NSIC this year? Looks like a scrum. UMD losing to Wayne State was a shocker.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

Off-Topic What is going on in the NSIC this year? Looks like a scrum. UMD losing to Wayne State was a shocker.
              I'll stay on the derailed train. MSU started out slow- should have lost the home opener to Northern who had a ten point lead late when MSU won in OT. MSU looked completely dead at UMD in front of a record setting crowd (I was there and it was a big time atmosphere. Augustana appears to be the front runner now- they come to Kato Oct 23 if the Mavs want to get back into the race. I don't think that the NSIC is up to their usual level but on paper Augie looks the strongest. Northern and Wayne have been the biggest surprises so far- Concordia the biggest disappointment.

I did have a moment of silence for the two fallen programs- Crookston and St Cloud.

Comment

Maybe TAMU-C's athletic department took their task seriously and kept their business in house until it was time to announce?

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                  Dave Campbell reporters are saying Prairie View and Texas Southern to Southland
                  That would be a REAL SHOCKER.

Comment

You'll see pigs fly before you see McBroom move WT athletics to D1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

That would be a REAL SHOCKER.
                      Yes and no. Two FCS Texas schools that have football to offset the "mystery" D2 schools that turned down the invite. PV has already defeated one Southland football school and they will fit in well talent wise with the current Southland landscape.

Comment

• That makes total sense. Because in the past many "TAMUC posters" were in the know. I can see with COVID how the information chain breaks down.

I know that I have a contact who knows everything at TAMUC, but he has been so tight lipped lately. Also have an acquaintance who is a coach. He won't respond to any inside information. Which is the way it is supposed to be, I guess. Even if you are a donor. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                          So let me get this right. They knew, kept their mouth shut, and then laughed at the Tarleton guy who spilled the news...all as a ruse. Did I sum this up correctly? Seems legit.
                          *SPIT OUT MY WATER*

Listen, back in the day 2008 until 2019/2020....I had so many sources of info in the LSC, it was crazy. From presidents, coaches, LSC employee, and of course players & parents. NOW, I am down to a few coaches/GAs (who I don't know well), and a handful of players/parents. SOOOOO....I basically have ZERO inside information.

As Sergeant Schultz always said "I know nothing". IYKYK

Comment

• Haha.

My limited sources are STILL saying Angelo turned down the Southland invite and are staying D2. I can not say how qualified this info is, but the individual was pretty confident.

UPDATE: Just heard from a staff member that a decision has not yet been reached. As AF said. Still being discussed.
                            Last edited by ASUPops; 09-27-2021, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• For TAMU-C, the die is cast. Hell or high water. Hopefully they go for it; all in.

Comment

• I have heard the same thing about those 3 schools.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X