• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely Payne....shoot me a text!

Comment

LF PM me your number please

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        Jake, head in the sand is never a good look.
        Sorry about having my head in the sand. The real reason is that I got a new phone and have been trying to sort all my login info out for about 15 different bank, email, credit card, etc websites for the past several days.

Seinfeld was right.

Comment

Comment

My question is why didn't any of the TAMUC faithful know this? It appears a few should be in "the know" and have inside information......guess not.:)

Comment

Or maybe they did and kept their mouth shut? Rare around here, I know, but very possible.

Comment

Or maybe they did and kept their mouth shut? Maybe they even know how this all ends and are keeping that quiet too? Rare around here, I know, but possible.

Comment

Uh huh. 707070707

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    My question is why didn't any of the TAMUC faithful know this? It appears a few should be in "the know" and have inside information......guess not.:)

Comment

So let me get this right. They knew, kept their mouth shut, and then laughed at the Tarleton guy who spilled the news...all as a ruse. Did I sum this up correctly? Seems legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                        So let me get this right. They knew, kept their mouth shut, and then laughed at the Tarleton guy who spilled the news...all as a ruse. Did I sum this up correctly? Seems legit.
                        it was much funnier when I did it.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Sorry about having my head in the sand. The real reason is that I got a new phone and have been trying to sort all my login info out for about 15 different bank, email, credit card, etc websites for the past several days.

Seinfeld was right.
                          No problem, I knew TAMUC had been in talks since last fall but I had know idea the SLC had reached out to ASU as well and possibly other in the LSC. The Southland is desperate and desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm even surprised they moved this quickly.

At this point the LSC football has been further weakened and with silo scheduling will not be fun for who is left. I definitely could see an exodus of a few more but I believe the WAC window has closed. UTRGV is serious about adding football which would give them 8 FCS schools plus an alliance with the ASUN.

Southland could still take a couple more after that your stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

No problem, I knew TAMUC had been in talks since last fall but I had know idea the SLC had reached out to ASU as well and possibly other in the LSC. The Southland is desperate and desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm even surprised they moved this quickly.

At this point the LSC football has been further weakened and with silo scheduling will not be fun for who is left. I definitely could see an exodus of a few more but I believe the WAC window has closed. UTRGV is serious about adding football which would give them 8 FCS schools plus an alliance with the ASUN.

Southland could still take a couple more after that your stuck.
                            There was no mention of what conference ASU might be looking at. I do know that ASU has received several invitations to join the SLC since 2005.

Think it was 2014 that ASU hired a consultant to determine if ASU is in a position to move up. They gave a list of what needed to happen; the three things I remember were 10K enrollment, an on campus stadium and control of the game day experience.

I went back and fact checked myself. It was 2011 and the #1 factor was that ASU would need to increase their athletics budget by around $6,000,000
                            Last edited by AngeloFan; 09-27-2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                              I was told over a week ago by a Commerce insider on the condition of not saying anything.

At Saturday's game I visited with a Commerce dad.
                              1. He was not excited and indicated that his son would almost certainly enter the transfer portal so he would have a chance to compete for a championship.
                              2. He also wondered what the direction of the program would be once Colby's recruits were gone.
                              3. Not impressed with Baliff.
                              4. Feels bad for the other programs that are currently nationally competitive, to be relegated to a conference with no national presence.
                              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

I was told over a week ago by a Commerce insider on the condition of not saying anything.

At Saturday's game I visited with a Commerce dad.
                                1. He was not excited and indicated that his son would almost certainly enter the transfer portal so he would have a chance to compete for a championship.
                                2. He also wondered what the direction of the program would be once Colby's recruits were gone.
                                3. Not impressed with Baliff.
                                4. Feels bad for the other programs that are currently nationally competitive, to be relegated to a conference with no national presence.
                                I can relate to #3.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X