Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    If you look at the history of power gobbling up the "little guy", it is obvious that at some point MEGA FOOTBALL programs/conferences are going to overtake all the insignificant ones. It's the Amazon/Walmart putting small stores out of business. Same WILL happen with college sports, like it or not, it WILL happen. 10 years? 20 years? Don't know when, but bet your life it's coming. It is inevitable.
    There will always be football at small, enrollment driven colleges. Its the biggest catch for admissions. Mid size schools; between 4 and 8 K roughly can normally live w/o football and still be very viable; withstanding downturns in finances (there are exceptions). But Azusa and Humboldt for example will survive. A school like Wayland Baptist might not.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post

There will always be football at small, enrollment driven colleges. Its the biggest catch for admissions. Mid size schools; between 4 and 8 K roughly can normally live w/o football and still be very viable; withstanding downturns in finances (there are exceptions). But Azusa and Humboldt for example will survive. A school like Wayland Baptist might not.
      "Always"?

Not sure of your age, but watch and see what happens within 20 years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerpi...-accelerating/

https://www.awevideo.com/the-game-of...-thousand-cuts

It is inevitable.
      Last edited by ASUPops; 10-01-2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
        .At least that Thunderwolves Fan moron is gone.
        That's for dang sure :-)

Comment

The media has been signaling the death of football since Teddy Roosevelt was in office, and while I don't see it dying anytime soon, it will be tougher for the small guys to continue. This I can see as it will soon be the only big boys and those with the disposable funds who play football. I can already see this with schools west of the Mississippi -- why is small college football fading out west?

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
            Boohaha

He was the first I remember to sound the alarm for football post Heartland merger.
            Exactly.... the non football schools could care less....
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

"Always"?

Not sure of your age, but watch and see what happens within 20 years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerpi...-accelerating/

https://www.awevideo.com/the-game-of...-thousand-cuts

It is inevitable.
              Those are very interesting articles, thanks for posting.

Looks like WT was wise to build the on-campus stadium because they can still have concerts and midnight pep rallies once football is history. I guess in the future the midnight pep rallies can be for the softball team! Students and their families are probably delighted to pay the extra $300 per year.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                  or go big
                  D1aa/FCS is NOT going "big" for football. But when you consider in all athletics, it is certainly a huge difference. D1aa/FCS football IS basically the DII of the future......not too far off now.

Comment

I honestly hadn't looked at it from this point of view but sadly I agree with you. Times are changing.

Comment

D1aa/FCS is NOT going "big" for football. But when you consider in all athletics, it is certainly a huge difference. D1aa/FCS football IS basically the DII of the future......not too far off now.

Comment

2010 still here! Yes, chasin kids and changed jobs back into public accounting. Still definitely involved at ASU as much as ever. Twitter (for me at least) has replaced message boards for the most part for me unfortunately. Also been able to get in touch with people that I have met on here in person and I am definitely thankful for that! God bless all of you and may you win all your games except when you play ASU

Comment

The traditional D2 powers are moving on, leaving behind the island of misfit toys.
                          Such as?

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                            2010 still here! Yes, chasin kids and changed jobs back into public accounting. Still definitely involved at ASU as much as ever. Twitter (for me at least) has replaced message boards for the most part for me unfortunately. Also been able to get in touch with people that I have met on here in person and I am definitely thankful for that! God bless all of you and may you win all your games except when you play ASU
                            Glad you are doing well !

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Such as?

Comment

I am speaking more of the southern teams
                                Like who???? South of where? Mason-Dixon line?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X