Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Going to Happen To D2

So with all these realignments, and teams moving up or down.....what going to happen with the D2 website and messageboard.

I have noticed a huge, huge drop-off since the mid 2000's.

Where are all the posters from MSU-Texas, Angelo, TAMUK, UTPB, ENMU, WNM?? Where are all the NEW posters? Why are they not hearing about D2 Messageboard? And if they are, why are they not joining?

Something is not right?

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    So with all these realignments, and teams moving up or down.....what going to happen with the D2 website and messageboard.

Where are all the posters from MSU-Texas, Angelo, TAMUK, UTPB, ENMU, WNM?? Where are all the NEW posters? Why are they not hearing about D2 Messageboard? And if they are, why are they not joining?

Something is not right?
    I have wondered the same thing. WT lost a couple of frequent posters who passed away. Some others are out there lurking, but WT is not the fun team we used to watch in the Carthel era. It's hard to get excited about playing NAIA teams, and losing to teams we used to beat like drums. Since the Nesbitt caretaker year, when Carthel had the team ready to play, I think we are under .600 with no end to that in sight. Hughes should be 2 games over .500 after this weekend, but may be below .500 before the season is over

I miss some of the old posters that seem to have stopped caring about football like HOGSVRR and ASURAM2010. VRR is active in the off-topic forum, infuriating liberals, but hasn't been over here in a long time. I don't know where 2010 is, if you do ask him to come back.

I do think D2 will be around for the long term. It makes sense for small schools. WT won't be winning any more softball Nattys if we go to D1, we just won't be able to recruit like the big schools, even though we have the coach to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I have wondered the same thing. WT lost a couple of frequent posters who passed away. Some others are out there lurking, but WT is not the fun team we used to watch in the Carthel era. It's hard to get excited about playing NAIA teams, and losing to teams we used to beat like drums. Since the Nesbitt caretaker year, when Carthel had the team ready to play, I think we are under .600 with no end to that in sight. Hughes should be 2 games over .500 after this weekend, but may be below .500 before the season is over

I miss some of the old posters that seem to have stopped caring about football like HOGSVRR and ASURAM2010. VRR is active in the off-topic forum, infuriating liberals, but hasn't been over here in a long time. I don't know where 2010 is, if you do ask him to come back.

I do think D2 will be around for the long term. It makes sense for small schools. WT won't be winning any more softball Nattys if we go to D1, we just won't be able to recruit like the big schools, even though we have the coach to do it.

So why move???
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Combination of things in my opinion:

1) Lot of ACU and Tarleton posters left when their teams went D1.
        2) Past strong powerhouses (WT, TAMUK, ASU) have been weak for several years so no current fan interest.
        3) Some posters were parents/family of previous players graduated.
        4) Some peeps moved away from the geographical area of interest and no longer follow.
        5) Politics (kneeling) have turned off some sports fans.
        6) Maybe more "important"- The COVID pandemic made lots of peeps realize their are interests out their more than sports and spend time with family more.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Something is not right?
          Nothing much to really cheer about regarding TAMUK. They won two of their first three games and was in a position to win the first game. They were kind of got brought down to earth last week, but we shall see what the W/L says in November to see if the page is being turned. Other than that, what is there to be excited about? Nothing is happening facilities wise nor even chatter about anything. Ditto for where the program intends to do to navigate the changing football landscape in Texas including a Div One program getting started to the south of us and one to the North in UTSA that is on fire and should be Top 25 soon.

Comment

2010 is busy raisin and chasing kiddos. Still kickin and still a RAM

Comment

The RMAC board seems to have gotten tired of Pueblo's success and the fans it brought with it. At least that Thunderwolves Fan moron is gone. Certainly seems that covid impacted the priorities of many as just the difference in posts from the 2019 season to now is very noticeable, very few game threads even this year.

Comment

I posted about this in another thread. Twitter is also an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  I posted about this in another thread. Twitter is also an issue.
                  Which thread is that, Brandon?

Comment

These were the comments...

And therein lies the real problem - lack of success. TAMUK is not what it used to be. The loss of ACU was felt as they have a passionate fanbase. Tarleton wasn't really a big impact. WT not being challengers like they were in 2005-2012 is impactful. TAMUC is a recent phenomenon. They weren't very good most of the D2Football.com era - until Colby arrived - and the program with one of the smallest followings was actually able to break through for the LSC and win it all. It was best when ACU and WT were the top dogs.

Comment

It makes sense for small schools.
                      You're either Power 5 (maybe G5) or you're small school.

Comment

Comment

Boohaha

He was the first I remember to sound the alarm for football post Heartland merger.

Comment

If you look at the history of power gobbling up the "little guy", it is obvious that at some point MEGA FOOTBALL programs/conferences are going to overtake all the insignificant ones. It's the Amazon/Walmart putting small stores out of business. Same WILL happen with college sports, like it or not, it WILL happen. 10 years? 20 years? Don't know when, but bet your life it's coming. It is inevitable.

Comment

Trying to figure out the best way to balance the numbers between the regions. I think it'd be shifting the MIAA and GAC to SR4, and NSIC and GMAC to SR3.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X