Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Meaning do you think a 3 loss team from the LSC would make.the play-offs over other SR4 conferences.
    In a top-7....possibly.

Using EA...absolutely.

Comment

It depends on who is doing the interview. I know TONS of college athletes that were hired specifically because they were/are athletes. If you have never been a college football student athlete, then you simply won't understand.
      I totally agree. There are so many valuable skills learned in athletics. Time management. Teamwork. Even body language. At school, it's easy to tell who is an athlete and who isn't simply from the student's demeanor.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I totally agree. There are so many valuable skills learned in athletics. Time management. Teamwork. Even body language. At school, it's easy to tell who is an athlete and who isn't simply from the student's demeanor.
        The work ethic is usually great. I have hired many athletes and majority are dynamic. Actually, we only have maybe 3 employees that were not either pro, college, or hs varsity athletes (the three non-athletes: IT, CPA, and a receptionist).
        Last edited by ASUPops; 10-24-2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

In a top-7....possibly.

Using EA...absolutely.
          I guess my thought was looking at a 3 loss as a 2nd LSC playoff team....not a 3 loss conference champ.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

I guess my thought was looking at a 3 loss as a 2nd LSC playoff team....not a 3 loss conference champ.

I wonder how the committee will consider if the Lions run the table then they will only have 1 in region loss. All of the 2 and 3 loss NSIC teams will have a worse winning percentage in region.

Comment

Seek first to understand, then to be understood. Sorry I did not really your perspective. My bad.

What is the collective non-con record of LSC teams against D2?

Comment

Seek first to understand, then to be understood. Sorry I did not really your perspective. My bad.

What is the collective non-con record of LSC teams against D2?
                Oh geez...I do not know.

Comment

Have no fear LSC. The RMAC is self destructing this year. IF the RMAC gets more than ONE team in, I will be surprised.

Comment

I agree. I think the biggest advantage for a college athlete is that they are around people from across the nation for 4-5 years. They get to have their perspectives changed and understand where another guy is coming from. The bonds that are made aren't from a keg party like a frat, they are made in the off-season and in season trying to get to a collective goal.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post

Now that my kids feel that soccer, basketball, and girl scouts are more important than hanging out with me

I am an Eagle Scout and a Scoutmaster. My dad was one of my Scoutmasters. He's gone now, but some of my fondest memories are of him taking the troop and me camping. In the grand scheme of things, when you throw your resume on the desk, no one cares that you played college sports, but if you can show that you are an Eagle Scout or Gold Award recipient, that will move your resume ahead of other job candidates. Go Scouting. Football isn't important.
                      I, too, earned my Eagle Scout award. Later, as an Explorer Scout, I earned my Private Pilot License in an Explorer aviation program. I was 17. A great experience every kid can benefit from.

Comment

It depends on who is doing the interview. I know TONS of college athletes that were hired specifically because they were/are athletes. If you have never been a college football student athlete, then you simply won't understand.
                        Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I, too, earned my Eagle Scout award. Later, as an Explorer Scout, I earned my Private Pilot License in an Explorer aviation program. I was 17. A great experience every kid can benefit from.
                          Hey Chip. Glad to see you on here!
                          Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

For the record OPSU7781 alum made that comment and not me. Not sure why it quoted me.

Comment

My daughter had a schedule like your talking about all 4 years as a student athlete. I have no idea how she graduated with a high GPA in Accounting. I always thought she would enjoy traveling all over the US. She said it was the part she hated the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

My daughter had a schedule like your talking about all 4 years as a student athlete. I have no idea how she graduated with a high GPA in Accounting. I always thought she would enjoy traveling all over the US. She said it was the part she hated the most.
                                Mine is a small firm. I always had a small staff. They each got to see all phases of the accounting process and were exposed to many client matters. Accordingly, they became very well-rounded. Working for a big firm, if you are stuck in auditing for example, you might travel a lot. That is all you are exposed to. I wonder if they are so wrapped-up in the project, possibly far away from home, they miss the opportunity to explore the uniqueness of each city.

I have downsized. I work partly from home, partly from a 100 sq ft office where I meet with clients. At my age and my client base, it's a good gig. I closed the doors early Friday and took Cub Scouts to Spook-O-Ree at Camp Don Harrington northeast of Canyon, Texas. It was a blast!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X