Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA PLAYOFFS RD 1 - Minnesota Duluth @ Angelo State

Well, San Angelo will be ROCKING next Saturday with Angelo State hosting a NCAA Football Play-off game.

This might be a campus 1st. Not sure.

Also not sure if Angelo has ever played Duluth.

I really don't know much about Duluth this year other than what their schedule & Boxscore says.

All I know is Angelo better come out firing on all cylinders!

Go Rams!

Comment

We need a scouting report. Hopefully our sports info director will provide on the university website.

Comment

Looks like the temperature is forecasted to be 75 degrees Saturday. Duluth loves to use their home field to freeze teams out. Maybe it gets up a couple of extra degrees toward 80 to get them gassed in the 4th quarter...

Comment

Comment

Duluth stats show their run/pass ratio is 58/42

Angelo stats show their run/pass ratio is 60/40

Basically identical.

Glancing at stats,, these two teams are pretty evenly matched. Maybe a slight special teams advantage goes to Duluth.

Home field advantage may be the difference here.

In my opinion, with two teams this evenly matched the winner WILL be based on the battles in the trenches and coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
              Duluth stats show their run/pass ratio is 58/42

Angelo stats show their run/pass ratio is 60/40

Basically identical.

Glancing at stats,, these two teams are pretty evenly matched. Maybe a slight special teams advantage goes to Duluth.

Home field advantage may be the difference here.

In my opinion, with two teams this evenly matched the winner WILL be based on the battles in the trenches and coaching.
              I always go with the team that scores the most...

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

I always go with the team that scores the most...
                Hahahaha. Right?

Comment

Not sure if all Angelo fans seen this. I just seen it for the first time tonight. Ahhhhh....great memories...with some great people!!! Glad my boy was able to return for his last season in 2014 following two, back to back career ending type injuries. His tenacity and hard work impressed me more than his gamr play.

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sp...de/5199513002/
                  Last edited by ASUPops; 11-14-2021, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    Not sure if all Angelo fans seen this. I just seen it for the first time tonight. Ahhhhh....great memories...with some great people!!! Glad my boy was able to return for his last season in 2014 following two, back to back career ending type injuries. His tenacity and hard work impressed me more than his gamr play.

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sp...de/5199513002/
                    Thanks for sharing!

Comment

All the UMD games can be seen on archive through the NSIC app on Roku etc. I assume via the league page too. UMD's star QB John Larson (longtime starter) has an elbow injury and hasn't played more than sparingly since mid year..but did play the first 1.5 quarters a week ago and was replaced by the more often used 3rd string QB Garrett Olson. The #2 got hurt against Bemidji and hasn't played since. Mobile quarterbacks who'll run play action and they take deep shots down the field to Armani Carmickel..former NWMSU dude. They have some smaller backs and will mix the run and pass. Good OL and front 7 play from UMD. They run a 3 man front often and bring LB pressure....like crazy. High sack # team each year.

Commerce came up to UMD a few years ago in the playoffs and beat them soundly due to too much athleticism, frankly..and that was a good Commerce squad. (2018)....in the freezing cold.

This UMD team is not the old UMD that was ground and pound. They run a lot of trickery and such with a balanced attack. 3rd string QB struggled a few years ago when forced into action but has played great the last 2 weeks.

Comment

How does a second place team get a bid over the conference champion?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalodad View Post
                          How does a second place team get a bid over the conference champion?
                          Conference champ means nothing towards the selection of teams in the dance. Angelo played a tougher schedule and that's why they got in....wins over Central Wash and Lindenwood, both in the playoffs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Conference champ means nothing towards the selection of teams in the dance. Angelo played a tougher schedule and that's why they got in....wins over Central Wash and Lindenwood, both in the playoffs, etc.
                            MSU are conference champs and beat Angelo State head-to-head 35-17 in San Angelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalodad View Post

MSU are conference champs and beat Angelo State head-to-head 35-17 in San Angelo.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X