Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst kept secret is official.... CWU SFU and WOU

https://wildcatsports.com/news/2021/...onference.aspx

Just seems like an odd move for the LSC.

Comment

Odd........yes. Necessary...........also yes.

They're playing each other anyway, might as well make it official. CWU played MSU, Angelo, ENMU, WNMU this year and have played WT recently as well as Commerce in the 2017 playoffs.

Comment

This move is going to seriously damage WTs ability to schedule NAIA games.
        Last edited by Hayden Fox; 11-18-2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayden Fox View Post
          This move is going to seriously damage WTs ability schedule NAIA games.
          There are still 2 additional games for those. Why though not an FCS game?

A side effect though is only the RMAC will be in region for non-conference games with the NSIC's silo scheduling.

Comment

with this merge official...NSIC needs to change from N/S divisions to E/W. Then for playoffs the west can be part of SRIV and east part of SRIII

or put the 3 silo conferences (NSIC, GAC, MIAA) in one region together (thus basically limiting silo conferences ability to win a title). And put LSC, RMAC, GLVC, GLIAC together in another region

Comment

I don't know if the NCAA is considering a region realignment, but I think this makes the most geographical and numerical sense:

1: MEC, NE10, PSAC
              2: CIAA, GSC, SAC, SIAC
              3: GLIAC, GLVC, GMAC, NSIC
              4: GAC, LSC, MIAA, RMAC

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                I don't know if the NCAA is considering a region realignment, but I think this makes the most geographical and numerical sense:

1: MEC, NE10, PSAC
                2: CIAA, GSC, SAC, SIAC
                3: GLIAC, GLVC, GMAC, NSIC
                4: GAC, LSC, MIAA, RMAC
                It makes sense but no thank you. That was brutal watching NW Missouri dominate the region for so many years and with the GAC having Harding and Henderson state doing well most years the LSC may be limited to just one playoff team a year for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayden Fox View Post
                  This move is going to seriously damage WTs ability to schedule NAIA games.
                  Ahhh hahahahaha

Comment

Thanks for taking us in. More travel yeah. But it makes sense to make a complete conference for football. And btw, Ellensburg, WA has a pretty good rodeo. So I feel like we are LSC worthy! Not sure about them Canadians though!

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                      Thanks for taking us in. More travel yeah. But it makes sense to make a complete conference for football. And btw, Ellensburg, WA has a pretty good rodeo. So I feel like we are LSC worthy! Not sure about them Canadians though!
                      Good thing is we can wear our Ropers in Texas and blend in better with the locals than in Burnaby or Monmouth. I'm curious to see if we do any early season basketball or baseball tournaments with LSC in the future.

Comment

Welcome to the NEW LSC.

Should be interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post
                          I'm curious to see if we do any early season basketball or baseball tournaments with LSC in the future.
                          Doubt it. CCAA and PacWest offer plenty of teams for CWU to face already in all other sports

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

It makes sense but no thank you. That was brutal watching NW Missouri dominate the region for so many years and with the GAC having Harding and Henderson state doing well most years the LSC may be limited to just one playoff team a year for good.
                            If this was next year, 2 teams got in but one has to go play NW Missouri this weekend. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs now I suppose, even if we are still in the GNAC for this game.

I have to wonder though how the GNAC schools will schedule out of conference. Will one be RMAC and one an FCS money game to pay for the added travel?

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                              Western Canada does have their share of rodeos:

http://www.rodeocanada.com/rodeo_schedule.htm

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X