Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New name just signed in 3-star Arlington LB Quintin Yon-Wagner. Named HeraldNet All-Area 1st Team and also held an SEC offer from Tennessee! The offer was from May 2019 so I am not sure if he still had that offer or not. But he was getting some interest from various Power 5 programs.
    Last edited by CWU Wildcat Nation; 02-02-2022, 10:46 AM.

Comment

CWU just signed a big time player in Lakes 3-star linebacker Michael Westbrook Jr! He was named Scorebook Live All-State 2nd Team and News Tribune All-Area, and he also previously held two FBS offers from Nevada and Florida Atlantic!

Comment

Two more new names
        Skyline OL Tyler Steinbach
        Camas LB Jairus Phillips. He was named Scorebook Live All-State 1st Team, The Columbian All-Region, and GSHL 4A Defensive POY

CWU really loading up on linebackers!

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
          Two more new names
          Skyline OL Tyler Steinbach
          Camas LB Jairus Phillips. He was named Scorebook Live All-State 1st Team, The Columbian All-Region, and GSHL 4A Defensive POY

CWU really loading up on linebackers!
          We are DII Linebacker U

Comment

Final 2 new Wildcats I haven't announced yet:

Monroe DB Wahieola Emmsley, cousin of CWU linebacker Lewa Emmsley. Moved from Hawaii his senior year
            North Creek OL Tyler Luzan

Final list of recruits: https://wildcatsports.com/news/2022/...gning-day.aspx
            Also here is my list I have complied: https://cwuwildcatnation.blogspot.co...uits-2022.html

Pretty good variety here. Lots of LBs with some size, DBs, and OL. Only one TE and RB. They did sign a solid kicker who may start immediately to replace Hegarty.

Lost out on only a couple key recruits, one of them being Marysville Pilchuck star RB Dylan Carson, who committed to Air Force.

Also several notable recruits with CWU offers who remain uncommitted, perhaps to walk on at D1 or go the Juco route. Includes 3-star Eastside Catholic LB Dallas Daley (4 FBS offers from Air Force, Army, UW, and WSU), 3-star Kalama QB Jackson Esary (Cascadia Preps 2B POY, Daily News All-Area POY, All-State 1st Team), 3-star Tualatin RB Malik Ross (Oregon 6A Offensive POY), Lakeridge 3-star LB Zac Waible (Oregon 6A All-State, TRL Defensive POY)

Comment

Yakima Herald talks a bit about the recruiting class:

https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/...384972689.html

Comment

Signing Day may be in the past, but CWU commits keep trickling in! North Creek (Bothell) QB Kennedy McGill commits to Central! He was named All-KingCo 4A Crown Div. 1st Team

Comment

Another late signee in 6'4" Ferris HS WR Anthony Aguirre, who also previously held an FCS offer from Idaho

Comment

CWU recruits a new Offensive Coordinator from North Dakota State. Senger was an offensive quality control coordinator, working primarily with quarterbacks at NDSU.

https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/...94cdc3447.html

Comment

Another pretty big time late commit out of Clark County. 6'4" Ridgefield WR Ty Snider. The Columbian All Area POY. 1136 yards and 20 TD last season. The Wildcats have a pretty loaded group of receivers coming coming in
                      https://www.columbian.com/news/2021/...er-ridgefield/

Comment

CWU all-region kicker Patrick Hegarty entered the transfer portal after the season, perhaps to test the D1 waters. Maybe he didn't get any bites, but he has decided to not pursue his final year of football. https://twitter.com/Pat_Hegarty14/st...YTsjVrKjJ_B0Gg

Comment

I really don't understand the ends and outs of the portal. If a player enters the portal and does not transfer can he return to his old school if he wants to??
                          Is that a coaching decision?
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                            CWU all-region kicker Patrick Hegarty entered the transfer portal after the season, perhaps to test the D1 waters. Maybe he didn't get any bites, but he has decided to not pursue his final year of football. https://twitter.com/Pat_Hegarty14/st...YTsjVrKjJ_B0Gg
                            I'd take him back at CWU in an instant. Best kicker they've had in a long time. But I guess he wasn't happy at CWU...

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                              I really don't understand the ends and outs of the portal. If a player enters the portal and does not transfer can he return to his old school if he wants to??
                              Way it was explained to me it was like being designated for assignment in baseball. IN baseball you lose your roster spot and have 10 days I think to be traded, released, or sent to the minors without a 40 man roster spot.

When a kid enters the transfer portal he loses his scholarship. It is up to the school to offer one back to them, have them walk-on, or flip the bird and wish them the best.

How it was explained to me from a friend of mine in college coaching.

JUst guessing and my opinion. In the case of a D2 kicker I doubt there will be any scholarship money offered to him. If he was on any athletic scholarships in the first place. I am thinking it would be on a walk on capacity since he decided not to pursue his final year of football. Hope he is able to finish his degree no matter what route he chooses.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                                That is what the portal is all about. You are looking for a destination to transfer to, without actually transferring yet.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X