Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSC Basketball Championship

Jake Majors hits a 3 with 6 seconds to play to give the Javelinas a 70-69 lead, then gets a steal with 3 seconds to send TAMK to the championship game.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Wt defeats Mid-Western by 30 - see you in the Finals
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

WT pulls away from the Javelinas to claim the LSC tournament championship.

Mens selection show at 9:30pm tonight.

Comment

FYI D2 Womens selection show at 9pm tonight.

Comment

WT has a chance to advance to the Elite 8 for the 4th consecutive year. LCU is ripe (I hope) I believe for a home court loss. If WT and LCU take care of business, the championship game should be a great one.

Considering WT had 4 new starters this season after losing 2 AA guards to D1 (Wichita State and Long Beach State), the work done by Tom Brown and staff is remarkable. 28-6 now and their 3rd consecutive 30 win season in reach. If I were making book, I'd pick WT to win the regional because of the way they are playing right now. I predict they will win in the quarters in Evansville before losing in the semis. 32-7 for the year.

WT's best BB is ahead of itself. They return everyone. Next year add in a couple newcomers, 6'3 Brock Mishak, Fossil Ridge HS, Ft Collins, Co and 6'2 Nicholas Jett, Frisco Heritage. Mishak is the 2nd leading scorer in Colo averaging 23 a game. His veteran HS coach calls him. "the best passer I've ever coached and I've coached some great ones." Jett is a silky smooth super quick point that can knock it down. I wouldn't be surprised to see them add another 6'6 type player that fits the Tom Brown mode.

I've had the privilege to watch WT men's BB since 1968 (only missing a handful of home games since 1968 till sidelined a few years ago with a health issue). Dennis Walling, Ron Ekker, Ken Edwards, Gary Moses, Mark Adams (current Texas Tech coach), Rick Cooper, and Tom Brown. I've watched 'em all. Mark Adams was damn good. Rick was solid for a long time. We've had some good ones! Tom is the greatest men's coach in WT history. His record speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            WT has a chance to advance to the Elite 8 for the 4th consecutive year. LCU is ripe (I hope) I believe for a home court loss. If WT and LCU take care of business, the championship game should be a great one.

Considering WT had 4 new starters this season after losing 2 AA guards to D1 (Wichita State and Long Beach State), the work done by Tom Brown and staff is remarkable. 28-6 now and their 3rd consecutive 30 win season in reach. If I were making book, I'd pick WT to win the regional because of the way they are playing right now. I predict they will win in the quarters in Evansville before losing in the semis. 32-7 for the year.

WT's best BB is ahead of itself. They return everyone. Next year add in a couple newcomers, 6'3 Brock Mishak, Fossil Ridge HS, Ft Collins, Co and 6'2 Nicholas Jett, Frisco Heritage. Mishak is the 2nd leading scorer in Colo averaging 23 a game. His veteran HS coach calls him. "the best passer I've ever coached and I've coached some great ones." Jett is a silky smooth super quick point that can knock it down. I wouldn't be surprised to see them add another 6'6 type player that fits the Tom Brown mode.

I've had the privilege to watch WT men's BB since 1968 (only missing a handful of home games since 1968 till sidelined a few years ago with a health issue). Dennis Walling, Ron Ekker, Ken Edwards, Gary Moses, Mark Adams (current Texas Tech coach), Rick Cooper, and Tom Brown. I've watched 'em all. Mark Adams was damn good. Rick was solid for a long time. We've had some good ones! Tom is the greatest men's coach in WT history. His record speaks for itself.
            I agree wholeheartedly. I just wonder how long we can keep Tom Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Hopefully WT doesn't have players that get the itch to try out the transfer portal like last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Hopefully WT doesn't have players that get the itch to try out the transfer portal like last year.
                Maybe Julius Brown, but he'd be a role player at a mid-major not a stud. I think WT will have a better chance of keeping the roster together this year. I sure hope so.

Comment

Don't y'all have a forum section for basketball? https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...uth-central-aa

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                    Don't y'all have a forum section for basketball? https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...uth-central-aa
                    Welcome to LSC football. Home of the West Texas sports thread(s).

Comment

No one uses it. No one ever has.

Comment

Tried that - couldn't get a conversation started.
                        Most of us have been around a while, it's just simpler to label other sports as OT (off-topic)

Besides Wt football is not very good (I am being kind)

Comment

YES. THANK YOU!!

But these old WT men can't get anyone talking on there, so they hijack the football forum with OT: ALL THINGS WT.

They basically own this forum. Probably donate the most $ to D2 Football. Hence, they are above the unwritten and written rules. Lol.

The sad part is it has driven away lots of other posters and supporters. And, driven away the younger supporters too. The number of posters have dropped soooo much in the past 10-12 years.

Needless to say, as the "old timers" are dying off, so will the support.

Also, if WT sports start sucking, their posters leave as well. So, you see the same handful of posters with little to no new blood.

From a business standpoint, not a good thing for D2 Football.com in my opinion. You MUST attract, bring in, and maintain younger posters and supporters to survive and thrive.

AND current posters and supporters need to stop running off posters or they may no longer have a playground to play on.

And if anyone disagrees...please show me all the posters from Angelo, TAMUK, UTPB, MSU, ENMU, and WNMU?

There are supporters out there to be had.
                          Last edited by ASUPops; 03-08-2022, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

YES. THANK YOU!!

But these old WT men can't get anyone talking on there, so they hijack the football forum with OT: ALL THINGS WT.

They basically own this forum. Probably donate the most $ to D2 Football. Hence, they are above the unwritten and written rules. Lol.

The sad part is it has driven away lots of other posters and supporters. And, driven away the younger supporters too. The number of posters have dropped soooo much in the past 10-12 years.

Also, if WT sports start sucking, their posters leave as well. So, you see the same handful of posters with little to no new blood.

From a business standpoint, not a good thing for D2 Football.com in my opinion. You MUST attract, bring in, and maintain younger posters and supporters to survive and thrive.

AND current posters and supporters need to stop running off posters or they may no longer have a playground to play on.

And if anyone disagrees...please show me all the posters from Angelo, TAMUK, UTPB, MSU, ENMU, and WNMU?

This

I don't know if this has been tried yet, but Brandon could recruit ambassadors from each school to promote D2football.com. Have them display some signage at their tailgates, maybe chip in a little to subsidize the tailgate spread. I know the perfect Javelina to do this.

BTW what is up the ****ty home attendance for ASU Football?

While the team was enjoying their best year in decades, the team averaged just 3,622 per game, a slight improvement over 2019 (3,421).
                            Attendance for road games was 4,760.

Even though we are in a lengthy dry spell, we averaged 6,343. Our smallest crowd (5,023) was larger than ASU's largest (4,873), The fickle WT fans drew a bit better than us, 6,715 average and a low 5,350. We also outdrew ASU by a thousand in 2019, one of our worst seasons ever.

I can remember when ASU was one of the top drawing D2 teams in the nation.
                            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

YES. THANK YOU!!

Please direct me to a different Message Board for D2 Basketball and I'll be glad to go - I have looked, can't find one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X