Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Season tickets with access to the Buffalo Club club level include food (last game was a build-your-own nacho smorgasbord), beverages, and access to alcohol are $400.00 a seat this season. -With 5 home games that comes to $80 seat per game.
    I wouldn’t pay that much. The tailgating provided free food and I generally brought in my own water. I do understand the need for alcohol post Carthel.

Does the softball team still work at the games? I enjoyed meeting many of them but Mel Huggins was the last one.

Comment

I see the Premium seat price as the price you have to pay to help fully fund the athletic programs at WT. Many of those seats go to corporate purchasers. I buy my tickets through one of my companies and write the purchase off. If hundreds of FB seats can be sold for $400 a season, why would WT want to leave that money on the table? It makes a lot of business sense to have a premium seat for sale.

There are plenty of cheap seats available for the skin flints out there (I assume nobody on here) who ***** about things all the time. Funny how many of those, who are the first to complain about a program or administrative decisions, don't support the athletic programs with contributions to the Buffalo Club or buy season tickets every year. I guess it's that way everywhere.......human nature.

Saturday's win was worth $160 to me. Cheap compared to the $$$$$Millions some Longhorn fans donate to a losing FB team.

Personally, I buy season tickets every year (even when I was laid up with house-bound paralysis for two years) for FB, VB, mens and women's BB, SB, and BB. This year I'm going to everything! Again!!! It's a blessing you don't realize you have till it's taken away. You realize God has a plan for you and it includes unexpected bumps in the road and challenges that test your faith in whatever you have faith in. Kinda like the ups and downs in sports. Some days you're a bust, some days you're a champ.
      Last edited by BuffaloChip; 09-07-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

If you look at the preseason conference rankings and last weeks results, WT should beat Adams in a breather. Hmmm. I'd pump that down a bit. Road trip to Alamosa. Stop and eat some great breakfast/lunch burritos at Michael's Kitchen in Taos and the team might be too full to be at full steam ahead mode. Will WT have let down after last week's solid win? Will the OC go back to 3 up the middle? Will the Buffs be looking ahead? I'd worry about the burritos. The smothered green on top can be pretty hot!

After last week, an unimpressive win for the Buffs. A return to earth for Buff fans
        WT 34 Adams 13

Comment

I see the Premium seat price as the price you have to pay to help fully fund the athletic programs at WT. Many of those seats go to corporate purchasers. I buy my tickets through one of my companies and write the purchase off. If hundreds of FB seats can be sold for $400 a season, why would WT want to leave that money on the table? It makes a lot of business sense to have a premium seat for sale.

There are plenty of cheap seats available for the skin flints out there (I assume nobody on here) who ***** about things all the time. Funny how many of those, who are the first to complain about a program or administrative decisions, don't support the athletic programs with contributions to the Buffalo Club or buy season tickets every year. I guess it's that way everywhere.......human nature.

Saturday's win was worth $160 to me. Cheap compared to the $$$$$Millions some Longhorn fans donate to a losing FB team.

Personally, I buy season tickets every year (even when I was laid up with house-bound paralysis for two years) for FB, VB, men's and women's BB, SB, and BB. This year I'm going to everything! Again!!! It's a blessing you don't realize you have till it's taken away. You realize God has a plan for you and it includes unexpected bumps in the road and challenges that test your faith in whatever you have faith in. Kinda like the ups and downs in sports. Some days you're a bust, some days you're a champ.

My issue this year was being out of town for two of the games. I also buy my tickets through my company and get the write-off. Bought 3 VB tickets, buying 4 men's and women's basketball and 2 for softball and baseball. The business contacts that I have/make by having season tickets are more than worth the price. Plus supporting the University, having the first option for playoff tickets and the entertainment value make season tickets to sporting events a good value. For several years I have thought the tickets were underpriced for the value. Basketball is still undervalued IMHO. There are 14 home games, all double headers, that is 28 games at $100 for season tickets. That's $3.57 a ticket per game. This is to watch two nationally ranked teams play in a highly competitive conference. This is the best value in sports entertainment. BTW - another reason to not go D1.
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

My issue this year was being out of town for two of the games. I also buy my tickets through my company and get the write-off. Bought 3 VB tickets, buying 4 men's and women's basketball and 2 for softball and baseball. The business contacts that I have/make by having season tickets are more than worth the price. Plus supporting the University, having the first option for playoff tickets and the entertainment value make season tickets to sporting events a good value. For several years I have thought the tickets were underpriced for the value. Basketball is still undervalued IMHO. There are 14 home games, all double headers, that is 28 games at $100 for season tickets. That's $3.57 a ticket per game. This is to watch two nationally ranked teams play in a highly competitive conference. This is the best value in sports entertainment. BTW - another reason to not go D1.
            I agree about WT ticket prices for VB, BB, and SB. They are underpriced. I'd say by at least 50%.

Comment

If you look at the preseason conference rankings and last weeks results, WT should beat Adams in a breather. Hmmm. I'd pump that down a bit. Road trip to Alamosa. Stop and eat some great breakfast/lunch burritos at Michael's Kitchen in Taos and the team might be too full to be at full steam ahead mode. Will WT have let down after last week's solid win? Will the OC go back to 3 up the middle? Will the Buffs be looking ahead? I'd worry about the burritos. The smothered green on top can be pretty hot!

After last week, an unimpressive win for the Buffs. A return to earth for Buff fans
              WT 34 Adams 13
              WT 49 A ams 0 A ams has no "D"

Comment

WT 34 Adams 13
                Adams has only won one game since 2020. WT loses this one then Hughes can catch a greyhound home to clean out his office.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Adams has only won one game since 2020. WT loses this one then Hughes can catch a greyhound home to clean out his office.
                  No, a Greyhound is too generous.

Comment

He can ride the Conestoga wagon Panhandle State uses to pick up recruits at the airport in Amarillo.

Comment

He can ride the Conestoga wagon Panhandle State uses to pick up recruits at the airport in Amarillo.
                      Speaking of recruits as in new students, enrollment is down again. Wendler’s “go somewhere else or at least stay off campus” policy is working wonders.

https://www.wtamu.edu/news/2022/09/w...FOhDABZ3uxY5Ic

Comment

I think it’s unlikely Hughes will lose this one.

Comment

I thought OPSU flew those recruits in by crop dusters to the liberal regional airport.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Speaking of recruits as in new students, enrollment is down again. Wendler’s “go somewhere else or at least stay off campus” policy is working wonders.

https://www.wtamu.edu/news/2022/09/w...FOhDABZ3uxY5Ic
                            Yes, there was a 3% drop in total enrollment, however, there was only a slight (2%) decrease in semester credit hours. Semester credit hours are where the income is generated.
                            Also, the Freshman to Sophomore retention rate is the highest since 1988 almost 70%. The Department of Sports and Exercise Sciences in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences grew more than 10 percent. The Department of Mathematics and the Department of Engineering and Computer Sciences both saw increases for the College of Engineering. Mathematics grew 24.5 percent, and engineering grew almost 4 percent. Overall, enrollment in the College grew by 6.8 percent. Wt offers 59 undergraduate degree programs and more than 40 graduate degrees, including two doctoral degrees. Overall this is an encouraging and positive report.
                            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Yes, there was a 3% drop in total enrollment, however, there was only a slight (2%) decrease in semester credit hours. Semester credit hours are where the income is generated.
                              Also, the Freshman to Sophomore retention rate is the highest since 1988 almost 70%. The Department of Sports and Exercise Sciences in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences grew more than 10 percent. The Department of Mathematics and the Department of Engineering and Computer Sciences both saw increases for the College of Engineering. Mathematics grew 24.5 percent, and engineering grew almost 4 percent. Overall, enrollment in the College grew by 6.8 percent. Wt offers 59 undergraduate degree programs and more than 40 graduate degrees, including two doctoral degrees. Overall this is an encouraging and positive report.
                              What a joke! While some of the news is good, enrollment is shrinking!

Aren’t you one of the guys who was looking forward to end zone seating because the new stadium HAD to be a horseshoe and if Kimbrough had been renovated it also would have HAD to be a horseshoe. All that went away when a “magic number” was found.

Don’t buy any bridges.

Comment

I graduated from WT in 96. I met my wife at WT and she graduated in 99. We raised our family here in Midland. Our daughter wanted to go to WT. She received several academic scholarships from Tech but only a few from WT. It would cost us more to send our daughter to WT than Tech. WT told us that they give scholarship priority to students from the "16 panhandle counties." Sometime since the 90's WT has stopped being a West Texas University and has turned into a Panhandle university. Our daughter is a Sophomore at Tech.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X