Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know my school needs the athletic dept. money, but there's something I don't like about getting our brains beat in every year by an FCS Big Sky school to start the season. Maybe we don't always start the season with an FCS school, but it feels like it. It just sucks the air out of the season like a big vacuum. Yeah, maybe walloping on a creampuff doesn't do much better but at least your'e feeling good about the victory.

As a fan, you wait several months for football season, then bam! You get whacked by a really good Big Sky school, which was supposed to happen. Still doesn't make me feel good.

Last year our hoop team opened with an exhibition against a marginal D3 team and freaking lost, giving up nearly 100 points in the process. Talk about putting a buzz kill on the season.

Well, bring on Lincoln of California this week, a probable WOU win. Still don't like my football seasons being dampened out of the gate all in the name of $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
      I know my school needs the athletic dept. money, but there's something I don't like about getting our brains beat in every year by an FCS Big Sky school to start the season. Maybe we don't always start the season with an FCS school, but it feels like it. It just sucks the air out of the season like a big vacuum. Yeah, maybe walloping on a creampuff doesn't do much better but at least your'e feeling good about the victory.

As a fan, you wait several months for football season, then bam! You get whacked by a really good Big Sky school, which was supposed to happen. Still doesn't make me feel good.

Last year our hoop team opened with an exhibition against a marginal D3 team and freaking lost, giving up nearly 100 points in the process. Talk about putting a buzz kill on the season.

Well, bring on Lincoln of California this week, a probable WOU win. Still don't like my football seasons being dampened out of the gate all in the name of $$$.
      It seems you either get a D1 school that will kick your brains in or an NAIA that's like playing a high school team. There needs to be a balance somewhere. I get the need for a payoff.
      I just wish there was more balance.

The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

It seems you either get a D1 school that will kick your brains in or an NAIA that's like playing a high school team. There needs to be a balance somewhere. I get the need for a payoff.
        In 2018's season opener, WOU hosted Angelo State, which looked like a good FCS team walking off the bus. Angelo State won 24-17 in a great game, one of the better games I've seen at WOU and I've seen a lot. I didn't feel bad about that. It was a highly competitive D2 game. I guess I can't have it all and the FCS games aren't always the openers, I'm just not big on it ... but yeah, they need the dough.

Comment

It's going to be another long season for Western New Mexico. I just hope they show signs of improvement. I'm hoping for at least two wins. It's not a lot, but it would be an improvement. They beat Adams State in Week 1 last season (the Mustangs only win) and they play them in Week 1 (tomorrow) again this season.
          Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I am not a big fan of silo schedules, but this is an argument for them in conferences that have the size.

Comment

Looks like Pueblo found the passing offense that has been missing since 2014, or Midwestern has a terrible defense. Bit of both?

Comment

End of the 1st qtr in Canyon WTAMU leads 20-3. No Josh Cummings for the Mountaineers. Big uphill climb to get back into this one.

Comment

Western New Mexico is leading Adams State at half time, 27-6. Go Mustangs!
                  Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

WT-WCU game has been a good one…even though they lead, the flags have not been terrible for either team. WCU so far doesn’t look quite as good as last season but it is week 1. WT offense seems improved. WCU is still a good team…

Comment

MSU had front row seats to the Steven Croell Show. MSU might have a bit of a QB problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Price View Post
                        WT-WCU game has been a good one…even though they lead, the flags have not been terrible for either team. WCU so far doesn’t look quite as good as last season but it is week 1. WT offense seems improved. WCU is still a good team…
                        Joe, you're alive????

Are you back as the LSC Blogger? I am confused by your profile pic and name.

Comment

SWB 41
                          UTPB 17
                          4th 5:30

WNM 27
                          ADAMS 6
                          3rd 3:44

CSUP 59
                          MSU-TX 27
                          FINAL

WCU 6
                          WTAMU 30
                          4th 11:48

NAU 0
                          TAMUK 60
                          3rd 4:57

Some upsets in my opinion!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Joe, you're alive????

Are you back as the LSC Blogger? I am confused by your profile pic and name.
                            I’m still alive…here running the City of Canyon as City Manager. Nope…I’m just here to comment. The LSC has a new blogger and he will do a great job! But, I’m still around…the WT posters still see me at all the games…

Comment

I know you arent supposed to do the transitive property thing but WT has looked really good while UTPB and Midwestern have looked awful.

Might have a little bit better shot at sniffing the playoffs....BUT.....its early.

Comment

Was MSU that bad? Or CSUP that good?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X