X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good read - Thanks
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Kingsville is a good team, maybe even a playoff team.

Angelo can win it all.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
        Kingsville is a good team, maybe even a playoff team.

Angelo can win it all.
        Good thing is most of the teams that can beat Angelo State are mostly stacked in SR3 (Grand Valley, Ferris State, Pittsburg State, Ouachita Baptist, etc.) so only have to face the winner of that bunch.

Most likely a Delta State/West Florida matchup from SR2 in a semi-final round if they land on the 2 or 3 line?

Can Angelo State get a top seed to face a Shephard type team from SR1?

Sioux Falls and Augustana losing hurt for possible SOS gets during the playoffs.

Kingsville may be a playoff team but likely one and done.

Kingsville needs the QB position to up their game 10 fold to even cause a team any concerns in the playoffs.

Comment

ASU has 9 Sr/Grad players. All play some roll but I think only 4 are starters. Biggest loss will be QB Zack B, but Hagan Garvin has similar skills just not the experience. We have a couple other QBs but I have no idea how good they are. If Girsch can score a strong armed QB, this should be a natty contender for the next two years

Comment

IMO, the Rams are doing as well as they are BECAUSE of Girsch. He is a great coach.

I have always said good coaches win with great/good players. but great coaches win with average players.

Look at Angelo. They are a scrappy team with some good talent but no real superstars. To back up my statement, look at the national individual stats.

Girsch has this group playing as a real TEAM. He pulled these guys together. They are the blue collar team of the LSC and DII. Work hard, scrappy, and they believe.

Bronk is an adequate QB that has been coached well. He for sure is no KWash. But he plays smart because he is coached well and a hard worker.

This is why it was difficult for me to see Angelo as a top nationally ranked team. But one part is right, they are a top, if not THE top, T E A M.

Not sure if they will win next, or any other week. I am not even thinking about possible playoffs. But I do know up until now they have won as a TEAM.

I hope it continues.

AND, if Girsch is not COY, something is rigged.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
              IMO, the Rams are doing as well as they are BECAUSE of Girsch. He is a great coach.

I have always said good coaches win with great/good players. but great coaches win with average players.

Look at Angelo. They are a scrappy team with some good talent but no real superstars. To back up my statement, look at the national individual stats.

Girsch has this group playing as a real TEAM. He pulled these guys together. They are the blue collar team of the LSC and DII. Work hard, scrappy, and they believe.

Bronk is an adequate QB that has been coached well. He for sure is no KWash. But he plays smart because he is coached well and a hard worker.

This is why it was difficult for me to see Angelo as a top nationally ranked team. But one part is right, they are a top, if not THE top, T E A M.

Not sure if they will win next, or any other week. I am not even thinking about possible playoffs. But I do know up until now they have won as a TEAM.

I hope it continues.

AND, if Girsch is not COY, something is rigged.
              I think you can add to that praise for Girsch an equal amount for the DC Adam Clark. He is the real deal as a DC and has the defense playing lights out, game after game after game.Cklearly the strength of the ASU team for the last few years.

The offense is not bad either, and I agree with assessment about Bronk as QB, but he is smart and will usually not get make bad plays or force throws (except those dinks out too the flat, like WR screens, that he has had two pick 6’s in three frames, and there could have been a third last night). The biggest question mark coming into the season was O-line with very young guys having to step up, but they have stepped up and got the job done in a big way.

As for coach of the year, I think that Girsch is the guy, but that is too bad for Salinas at Kingsville. He has done a fantastic job with that program and if they can keep the momentum rolling they will be very good in a year or two. I agree that QB and O-line play is what is hurting them right now, but you cant get everything all at once when you are building a program.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

I think you can add to that praise for Girsch an equal amount for the DC Adam Clark. He is the real deal as a DC and has the defense playing lights out, game after game after game.Cklearly the strength of the ASU team for the last few years.

The offense is not bad either, and I agree with assessment about Bronk as QB, but he is smart and will usually not get make bad plays or force throws (except those dinks out too the flat, like WR screens, that he has had two pick 6’s in three frames, and there could have been a third last night). The biggest question mark coming into the season was O-line with very young guys having to step up, but they have stepped up and got the job done in a big way.

As for coach of the year, I think that Girsch is the guy, but that is too bad for Salinas at Kingsville. He has done a fantastic job with that program and if they can keep the momentum rolling they will be very good in a year or two. I agree that QB and O-line play is what is hurting them right now, but you cant get everything all at once when you are building a program.
                Just wanted to say was the best atmosphere at asu in a while. People leaning on the fence and the walk ways were packed and people were into the game. Angelo played absolutely great game on both sides of the ball that’s hard to beat. That pick 6 has been the same play called on the other 2 this yr for bronkhirst. I do wanna say angelo has a kicking problem he is missing 30 yrs field goals now. But the punter had his 2nd 75 yrd punt of the yr. Couple of injuries happened to but not season ending. Kingsville is good team. They are a nasty team and they compete. I saw on here Tamuk fans were now saying u have a qb problem. Really? He has good numbers but if the run game isn’t working then your in trouble it’s not all on the qb but your offense is not designed for big comebacks. Angelo state does not let u run the ball!!!!! Kingsvill will not run up against a defense ( mines run defense is great too) like that rest of the regular season. If they run the table and asu doesnr lose 2 of there last 3, kingsville is a 2 or 3 seed and host a playoff game. W/ 10000 In the stands. Some of y’all sound like cowboys fan when they lose, the world im is coming to an end.geeesh. Kingsville would be favored against the rmac or nsic 2nd place team right now.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Jeff Girsch
                  @JeffGirsch
                  ·
                  11h
                  It was an honor to have one of the All-Time Greats Dakarai Pecikonis
                  @DakaraiSr
                  back at ASU to speak to our team tonight! One of the greatest competitors I have ever been around! Strong message heard loud and clear by our guys! Thanks Dakarai!
                  It was great to see Dakarai, and all of the other ASU alums on the sidelines last Saturday for homecoming (Rush Seaver, Leddy French, Hunter Kyle, Lawson Ayo, and several others). I got to see pictures of ASUPops grandkids, and despite my concerns being related to him, they look beautiful!

I also got to meet Josh Stevens’ (RB from 2016 to 2017) daughter at the game. also a very pretty little girl!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUfam&fan View Post

Some of y’all sound like cowboys fan when they lose, the world im is coming to an end.geeesh. Kingsville would be favored against the rmac or nsic 2nd place team right now.

Yeah I dont think so. LOL.

Western Colorado would be a pick em.

I would take Augustana and Minnesota State in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by texcap View Post

It was great to see Dakarai, and all of the other ASU alums on the sidelines last Saturday for homecoming (Rush Seaver, Leddy French, Hunter Kyle, Lawson Ayo, and several others). I got to see pictures of ASUPops grandkids, and despite my concerns being related to him, they look beautiful!

I also got to meet Josh Stevens’ (RB from 2016 to 2017) daughter at the game. also a very pretty little girl!
                      One of these days Alice. Pow, right in the kisser!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X