Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

What makes you feel like there has been some strengthening of the NSIC this year?
    Last year there was a common theme among the NSIC board each week: “the NSIC is drunk!” Basically meaning, the league was nuts last year and was pretty unpredictable week to week. Some people focused on the fun of that aspect while others were able to see the reason for that was the level of play was weaker than usual. Thus, allowing for the craziness.

This year, you can see that teams have filled some of their holes from last year and that overall play (for many teams) has improved. The Sioux Falls schools have been a bit of a disappointment this year, no doubt their fans feel that way. Bemidji fixed some of their defensive issues from last year that were exposed by Mines. Mankato has added a ton of speed and their QB play is finally at the level it needs to be (also, QB1 is healthy). Wayne has talent all over the field that they haven’t had recently. Their QB is likely the best in the conference. Winona has a strong D but still is searching for the elusive O. I’m not sure if any of those 4 teams are ready to win the region, but they are all closer than they were last year. Some of the bottom third teams have shown improvement as well. Not necessarily in their records, but they are improving. Then there’s the typical few that are just stuck in the basement.

Maybe Minot and Simon Fraser can meet in some type of bowl game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Correct. No dominant team this year.

Sometimes teams are dominant within a conference though because the conference isn’t as strong as normal. 8 decent teams is 4-5 more than the LSC has and 5-6 more than the RMAC. But…conferences don’t win games. Teams do. And the best team this year has shown to be Angelo. They win games.
      Well you can't go off #'s of teams because of the discrepancy. The two conferences don't have equal #'s. So, you have to go off percentages. Which I think makes it about equal. How many NSIC are in top 25? I haven't looked at this week's rankings?

No matter what, the dominant region is SR3. I believe the Natty will go to one of their teams.

I would like to see Angelo go deep into the play-offs, but not sure that's going to happen.

Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer", but for some reason, I am STILL not sold on Angelo being #2 in the nation. They ARE playing like champions do, finding a way to win. And they are a scrappy team with no real world beater, individual talent. Look at the individual stats....both in conference and nationally. They play as a TEAM. If this team had a handful of "stars", no one in the nation would be able to touch them.

As of today, the focus is on Saturday and MSU-Texas.

Comment

• Hoping WOU can finish on a victory at TAMUK, tall order as Javelinas are good and WOU is 1-3 on the road this year (one loss at FCS Weber State).

Comment

• I hear all this talk about how bad the LSC is. Other than SR3, I would match up 80% of the LSC teams against anybody and they could win those games.

The LSC is more equal across the board than any other conference, other than a few in SR3. Because almost all the teams have improved, they are able to win against any opponent, any given week.

So, it's not that the LSC has weakened, au contraire, they have equaled. Does that mean average? Does that mean above average?

Just comparing The LSC to NSIC, the difference is we had opportunities to play outside of the conference, and fared pretty well, while the NSIC did not. And, how many top 25 teams do the NSIC have? How many top 25's have they played?

We can all speculate, but we won't know who is *superior until they come to San Angelo. Then, we shall find out.

*NO PREDICTIONS FROM ME*
          Last edited by ASUPops; 11-08-2022, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsull View Post
            Hoping WOU can finish on a victory at TAMUK, tall order as Javelinas are good and WOU is 1-3 on the road this year (one loss at FCS Weber State).
            I hope so too but it’s a tall order on the ‘long haul’ road and I’m sure it’s senior day for TAMUK.

Just pulled into Mustang Island State Park for a few days of R&R before the game. Looks like a cold front is coming Friday night bringing potential for rain. High on Friday in Kingsville is 80°F and Saturday is 60°.

Comment

• Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

I hope so too but it’s a tall order on the ‘long haul’ road and I’m sure it’s senior day for TAMUK.

Just pulled into Mustang Island State Park for a few days of R&R before the game. Looks like a cold front is coming Friday night bringing potential for rain. High on Friday in Kingsville is 80°F and Saturday is 60°.
              Can blame us up north for that… hi today and tomorrow in mid 60s. Hi Friday-Sunday is 31. Gonna be some cold & windy games this weekend

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X