Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I confirmed that Lynn has completed his staff. Once everyone completes all the HR stuff they will be announced. With school out it'll be a couple of weeks. They ARE out on the recruiting trail.
    Who’s the new OC? Will they be running the triple option?

Comment

I confirmed that Lynn has completed his staff. Once everyone completes all the HR stuff they will be announced. With school out it'll be a couple of weeks. They ARE out on the recruiting trail.
      They are for sure behind the 8 ball, but so are some other schools with coaching changes.

Angelo & TAMUK are very much ahead. As are CWU & WOU. Don't know about SFU.

With that said, When Wag came into Angelo, he came in behind the ball on recruiting as well. KWash was signed that year. As was Matthew Gholston & Talon Smith, so you never know!

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

They are for sure behind the 8 ball, but so are some other schools with coaching changes.

Angelo & TAMUK are very much ahead. As are CWU & WOU. Don't know about SFU.

With that said, When Wag came into Angelo, he came in behind the ball on recruiting as well. KWash was signed that year. As was Matthew Gholston & Talon Smith, so you never know!
        Any rumors on where Wagner will wind up? He lives a street over from me here in Canyon. I know because of the Canyon High School signs with the last names 😂. Makes me feel bad for the kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by QB11111 View Post

Who’s the new OC? Will they be running the triple option?
          I didn't ask about specifics. Be patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Any rumors on where Wagner will wind up? He lives a street over from me here in Canyon. I know because of the Canyon High School signs with the last names 😂. Makes me feel bad for the kids.
            Yeah. I heard Wagner and family really really likes living in Canyon. If that's the case, and I were Wagner, I'd look for a good HS job in the area. Coaching is coaching regardless of the level. A good HS job would probably pay more than he was earning at WT. I've heard experienced OC/DC types can make $85-$90K coaching HS in this area. If his wife has a decent job and the kids like their schools, coaching HS might be a really good move at tis point in his career.

Comment

I didn't ask about specifics. Be patient.
              Hahaha. Right. People in general are patient.

Comment

Yeah. I heard Wagner and family really really likes living in Canyon. If that's the case, and I were Wagner, I'd look for a good HS job in the area. Coaching is coaching regardless of the level. A good HS job would probably pay more than he was earning at WT. I've heard experienced OC/DC types can make $85-$90K coaching HS in this area. If his wife has a decent job and the kids like their schools, coaching HS might be a really good move at tis point in his career.
                Not sure of your source. He's been applying for other jobs ever since he landed at WT.

His preference would be Odessa area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

It's ALWAYS tough as a coach, especially college level. It's almost like the military, as far as lots of relocations. Very, very hard on the children.

Comment

Not sure of your source. He's been applying for other jobs ever since he landed at WT.

His preference would be Odessa area.
                    I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive. I know that Coach Wagner still has the desire to be a head coach, and is taking steps to make that happen. But, at the same time, he and his family do like Canyon and it will be hard for them to leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by texcap View Post

I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive. I know that Coach Wagner still has the desire to be a head coach, and is taking steps to make that happen. But, at the same time, he and his family do like Canyon and it will be hard for them to leave.
                      I PM'd you

Comment

• Originally posted by texcap View Post

I remember doing a head coaching salary search a couple of years back and Tascosa's head coach Ken plunk was making just north of 100K a year so that could be obtainable if any of the 5A schools in the area have an opening.

Comment

It's ALWAYS tough as a coach, especially college level. It's almost like the military, as far as lots of relocations. Very, very hard on the children.
                          Yeah working for the Government I put my family through that a couple of times.

My daughter had some choice words for me the last time.

Now that I have a permanent remote position for as long as I choose/retire we explored the option of moving back to Amarillo but she has made so many friendships down here it would be hard to uproot her again.

We may end up staying down here until she graduates high school.

Comment

• Any staff announcements yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              Any staff announcements yet?
                              Not yet. Now that HR is back at work after the break, expect announcements by mid-month.

Comment

• This does not belong here, but I didn’t want to start a new thread for this and this was the first WT Football thread that I saw.

It appears that WT is not the only school that has uniform problems. TAMU didn’t bring the wrong men’s basketball uniforms to the game last night in Florida, they instead left their uniforms in their hotel rooms and were assessed a technical fouls to start the game for delaying the start while someone returned to the hotel to get the uniforms.

https://footballscoop.com/news/buzz-...dership-lesson

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X