Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I will have to look closer when I get a chance, but a couple do jump out. Preston Gregg out of Lake Dallas. Pretty good leg. However, I don't like tall kickers. Too much can go wrong.

Kyland Brown is a STUD! He has many offers, some FCS and many DII. He even got offered by CSUP & Washburn. Texas is becoming a hot spot for DII teams all over the country.

IF WT can somehow land Brown, that will be an unbelievable grab!
    I'm hearing rumors that the Kearney QB, TJ Davis, may be coming to WT. He ran for 1130 last year and passed fro 1370. 6'3 180. MIAA guys say he is a stud. Great runner average passer impact QB.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 01-18-2023, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I'm hearing rumors that the Kearney QB, TJ Davis, will be coming to WT. He ran for 1130 last year and passed fro 1370. 6'3 180. MIAA guys say he is a stud. Great runner average passer impact QB.
      I hope he will. He looks good!

https://lopers.com/sports/football/roster/tj-davis/8434

Comment

I'm hearing rumors that the Kearney QB, TJ Davis, will be coming to WT. He ran for 1130 last year and passed fro 1370. 6'3 180. MIAA guys say he is a stud. Great runner average passer impact QB.
        He has a ways to go to become an average passer, tbh.

Absolutely amazing runner, smart with the ball, and a perfect fit for the option O they ran at UNK.

Comment

Which would be great!!! You have a QB ready to go day one. PERFECT.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

He has a ways to go to become an average passer, tbh.

Absolutely amazing runner, smart with the ball, and a perfect fit for the option O they ran at UNK.
            Think this says it all:

"Harlon Hill Trophy Runner Up ... MIAA Offensive Player of the Year ... D2CCA Super Region 3 Offensive POY ... AFCA, D2CCA and Don Hansen Football Gazette second-team All-American ... D2CCA first-team All-Region ... first-team All-MIAA ... co-captain ... seven-time UNK Offensive Player of the Week ... one of two QB's in the NCAA to throw for 2k yards (2,320) and rush for 1k yards (1,151) ... completed 61% of his passes while running for 89 yards per game ... 4.5 yards per carry ... 21 passing and 18 rushing TD's ... second career 1k rushing season ... five 100-yard rushing days ... 258 yards, three TD's and 30 carries vs. Washburn ... 179 yards, one TD and 30 carries at Central Oklahoma ... 100 yards, 22 carries and two TD's in NCAA playoff win at Western Colorado ... rushing TD in 10 of 13 games ... three games with at least 200 yards passing ... 12 of 19 for 307 yards and three TD's at Emporia ... 13 of 20 for 225 yards and two TD's at Central Missouri ... 12 of 15 for 202 yards and two TD's at Fort Hays ... nine games with at least two TD tosses including eight games in a row ... long completion of 65 yards and long run of 62 yards...."

Comment

Which would be great!!! You have a QB ready to go day one. PERFECT.
              Looks like that answers one of the main questions.

Get ready for option football at WT.

Didn't think I would be mentioning that sentence at all 10 years ago.

Comment

CWU got got a commit from another.....offensive lineman! Joe Merlino from Union HS, also previously won an Oregon 6A title at Central Catholic.https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1307916...a6f80e90a7a6e6

Now 4 OL commits for CWU, plus another 3 DL commits

Comment

Think this says it all:

"Harlon Hill Trophy Runner Up ... MIAA Offensive Player of the Year ... D2CCA Super Region 3 Offensive POY ... AFCA, D2CCA and Don Hansen Football Gazette second-team All-American ... D2CCA first-team All-Region ... first-team All-MIAA ... co-captain ... seven-time UNK Offensive Player of the Week ... one of two QB's in the NCAA to throw for 2k yards (2,320) and rush for 1k yards (1,151) ... completed 61% of his passes while running for 89 yards per game ... 4.5 yards per carry ... 21 passing and 18 rushing TD's ... second career 1k rushing season ... five 100-yard rushing days ... 258 yards, three TD's and 30 carries vs. Washburn ... 179 yards, one TD and 30 carries at Central Oklahoma ... 100 yards, 22 carries and two TD's in NCAA playoff win at Western Colorado ... rushing TD in 10 of 13 games ... three games with at least 200 yards passing ... 12 of 19 for 307 yards and three TD's at Emporia ... 13 of 20 for 225 yards and two TD's at Central Missouri ... 12 of 15 for 202 yards and two TD's at Fort Hays ... nine games with at least two TD tosses including eight games in a row ... long completion of 65 yards and long run of 62 yards...."
                  I'm not knocking the guy.. Davis is a great and super effective QB. I am saying that he would be below average in any passing contest. If you can put him I. A position where he has to pass, you have done well.. He's an amazing option QB. The kind an option team hopes to get once every 20 years or so.

2022 had him throwing to some pretty average targets. When he has a true deep threat and a good receiving TE, the passing game can be scary.

He throws it well enough to burn you as long as he's running that option O and gigging your D so hard that there's nobody in coverage. That doesn't make him a good, or even average passer. He is the type of runner in that O that you almost have to sell out to stop.

I was assuming Lynn wouldn't be running that O at WT since he made it sound that way in the presser, but he would have to if he wanted to use Davis.
                  ​​​​​
                  Without Davis, UNK was a decent team. With him, they were a contender and one of the highest scoring Offenses each year in a conf. with some pretty good defenses in it. He is that good. (There's a reason some of us called UNK the TJ Davises or the U of TJD the last couple of years.)

Comment

Also, to be clear, you don't have to be a great passer to be a great QB.

I tried to explain this to people for years when Pitt would have great option QBs, but everyone would say they weren't really QBs or weren't good enough pure passers, or didn't throw it enough to be in the conversation for top QB.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                      CWU adds yet another lineman in 6'4" 305 lb Sandpoint (Idaho) All-State OL Carson Laybourne. Now 6 linemen committed to CWU, 3 on each side of the ball.
                      https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13465001/6373b6e65ef7360b20a794b3
                      CWU also adds commit from Sandpoint 6'5" 290 lb Wylan Dorrel. So many linemen in this recruiting class! Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

CWU also adds commit from Sandpoint 6'5" 290 lb Wylan Dorrel. So many linemen in this recruiting class! Wow!
                        I think it is great. Fiske and Co. have figured out that having stout lines is going to be the future. I would not recruit a HS QB again (unless there were extenuating circumstances) and utilize the portal. The receiving talent, LB talent, and RB talents seem to find their way to CWU.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

I think it is great. Fiske and Co. have figured out that having stout lines is going to be the future. I would not recruit a HS QB again (unless there were extenuating circumstances) and utilize the portal. The receiving talent, LB talent, and RB talents seem to find their way to CWU.
                          They did offer West Valley quarterback Skyler Cassel, who led the state in passing yards (although it was a relatively down year for passing yards leaders in our state). But other than that they definitely should be going for a transfer quarterback. They should have last season and they certainly should this season. Like that guy who transferred into Colorado Mesa and beat out Christian Moore. Or Reilly Hennessey. If we can find someone like that to make an immediate impact, that was definitely what we were missing last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I'm not knocking the guy.. Davis is a great and super effective QB. I am saying that he would be below average in any passing contest. If you can put him I. A position where he has to pass, you have done well.. He's an amazing option QB. The kind an option team hopes to get once every 20 years or so.

2022 had him throwing to some pretty average targets. When he has a true deep threat and a good receiving TE, the passing game can be scary.

He throws it well enough to burn you as long as he's running that option O and gigging your D so hard that there's nobody in coverage. That doesn't make him a good, or even average passer. He is the type of runner in that O that you almost have to sell out to stop.

I was assuming Lynn wouldn't be running that O at WT since he made it sound that way in the presser, but he would have to if he wanted to use Davis.
                            ​​​​​
                            Without Davis, UNK was a decent team. With him, they were a contender and one of the highest scoring Offenses each year in a conf. with some pretty good defenses in it. He is that good. (There's a reason some of us called UNK the TJ Davises or the U of TJD the last couple of years.)
                            What if he was used as a RB or WR? Watching his running, and at 6'3 180, he might have a better shot as a pro converting to WR. If WT comes up with a good pro-style QB,..........Davis as a WR?

What do ya' think?

Comment

What if he was used as a RB or WR? Watching his running, and at 6'3 180, he might have a better shot as a pro converting to WR. If WT comes up with a good pro-style QB,..........Davis as a WR?

What do ya' think?
                              I think he would be a great WR. In open space, he's a ghost. He's fast and just nastily shifty.. Not sure if he would go for it or not.

I agree that WR is his best shot at playing after college.

Comment

CWU adds a freshman QB in Mountain View (WA) Mitchell Johnson. 2117 pass and 638 rush yards with 25 total TD last season

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1286281...516e0b5430f160

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X