Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW ENMU HEAD FOOTBALL COACH SEARCH BEGINS AS COACH HIATT STEPS DOWN

From the ENMU website

Would this be of interest to Coach Hughes?

--------------------------------------------

PORTALES, N.M. Tye Hiatt is resigning from Eastern New Mexico University as the program's coach.

"I want to thank the ENMU administration for the opportunity to be apart of this program the past two years," said Hiatt. "These players and coaches have changed my life for the better and I know that they will be successful in their future endeavors."

Over the past two seasons, he went 2-1 in games against in-state foes and aided the team to its first victory in the Wagon Wheel Game since 2018.

Hiatt coached sixteen All-LSC honorees over his two seasons, including 2021 Receiver of the Year Justin Manyweather, 2021 Defensive Lineman of the Year Mazin Richards, and 2022 Newcomer of the Year Asa Wondeh.

"Coach Hiatt has done a terrific job coaching our football team and building what can be a fantastic future here for the Greyhounds. He took an incredibly challenging situation here and made everything around him so much better during his tenure," said Director of Athletics Dr. Paul Weir. "He and his wife Paige are wonderful members of our community and we wish their entire family nothing but the best in their next chapter together."

Jamison Bisch will serve as the program's interim head coach until a final decision is made on the next head coach.

"We will move swiftly to find our new head football coach and ask our athletes, fans, and entire Greyhound community to stay patient until that search is complete," said Weir.

This will be the last public comment from the athletic department on the job opening until the conclusion of the search process. Please contact [email protected] with any questions, comments, or concerns with regards to the search for the next head football coach.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
    From the ENMU website

Would this be of interest to Coach Hughes?

--------------------------------------------

PORTALES, N.M. Tye Hiatt is resigning from Eastern New Mexico University as the program's coach.

"I want to thank the ENMU administration for the opportunity to be apart of this program the past two years," said Hiatt. "These players and coaches have changed my life for the better and I know that they will be successful in their future endeavors."

Over the past two seasons, he went 2-1 in games against in-state foes and aided the team to its first victory in the Wagon Wheel Game since 2018.

Hiatt coached sixteen All-LSC honorees over his two seasons, including 2021 Receiver of the Year Justin Manyweather, 2021 Defensive Lineman of the Year Mazin Richards, and 2022 Newcomer of the Year Asa Wondeh.

"Coach Hiatt has done a terrific job coaching our football team and building what can be a fantastic future here for the Greyhounds. He took an incredibly challenging situation here and made everything around him so much better during his tenure," said Director of Athletics Dr. Paul Weir. "He and his wife Paige are wonderful members of our community and we wish their entire family nothing but the best in their next chapter together."

Jamison Bisch will serve as the program's interim head coach until a final decision is made on the next head coach.

"We will move swiftly to find our new head football coach and ask our athletes, fans, and entire Greyhound community to stay patient until that search is complete," said Weir.

This will be the last public comment from the athletic department on the job opening until the conclusion of the search process. Please contact [email protected] with any questions, comments, or concerns with regards to the search for the next head football coach.
    I hope not...
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Coach Hiatt is taking the OC Job at Southern Utah

Comment

Asa Wondeh entering the transfer portal
        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
          Asa Wondeh entering the transfer portal
          He has already been offered by WT & TAMUK.

Comment

"I want to thank the ENMU administration for the opportunity to be apart of this program the past two years," said Hiatt.

Do what?

Comment

Originally posted by gohounds View Post
              Coach Hiatt is taking the OC Job at Southern Utah
              Ah, I guess that makes sense then. Sounds like ENMU will probably promote internally at this point in the game. It’s kind of late.

Comment

Originally posted by D2Assassin View Post

Ah, I guess that makes sense then. Sounds like ENMU will probably promote internally at this point in the game. It’s kind of late.
                Well, Hughes is available as has already been mentioned. And whoever is turned down for the UTPB job could throw their hats in there too.

Internal isn’t a bad guess, though.

Comment

ENMU needs some consistency with a coach that is going to stay there and try to build it.

Comment

The option systems win at ENMU consistently and allows us to use in state talent on the offensive side of the ball, even with small school kids(see Wyatt Strand).

I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Here’s a crazy thought-Josh Lynn ditches WT and goes back to ENMU?

(Don’t expect anything like that at all, but guessing this forum would explode if it did.)
                      Last edited by cwfenn; 12-22-2022, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigShow22 View Post
                        ENMU needs some consistency with a coach that is going to stay there and try to build it.
                        What program needs an inconsistent coaching situation?

Fish need water...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigShow22 View Post
                          Sounds good in theory but ENMU 99 out of 100 times will be a steppingstone job unless you can convince someone local with family ties to stay and do it.

Good luck with the low scholarships.

Comment

Hearing some exciting news coming out of Portales on this front. Trying to confirm

Comment

Originally posted by gohounds View Post
                              Hearing some exciting news coming out of Portales on this front. Trying to confirm
                              Nick Saban?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X