Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Nothing but Rugby

#19 CWU has started their season 3-0 and have a big matchup against #12 UCLA in Westwood this Saturday. The Wildcats have dominated this series, but it is the first matchup at UCLA's home field.

https://wildcatsports.com/sports/mens-rugby/schedule

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    #19 CWU has started their season 3-0 and have a big matchup against #12 UCLA in Westwood this Saturday. The Wildcats have dominated this series, but it is the first matchup at UCLA's home field.

https://wildcatsports.com/sports/mens-rugby/schedule
    Wow, I did not know any LSC teams competed in rugby! Best of luck at UCLA.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Wow, I did not know any LSC teams competed in rugby! Best of luck at UCLA.
      ASU has men's and women's rugby. Still a club sport but they get a lot of support from the administration. They have a couple of championships.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
        ASU has men's and women's rugby. Still a club sport but they get a lot of support from the administration. They have a couple of championships.
        I'm amazed! I have only watched rugby on TV. What other schools have unexpected sports (like lacrosse)?

When I was at WT we had a great tennis team and coach. I was taking his tennis class as an elective, which I enjoyed. He said if you want an A you have to attend some varsity tennis matches. I watched WT beat USC into submission. Yes, OJ's alma mater.

Comment

I'm amazed! I have only watched rugby on TV. What other schools have unexpected sports (like lacrosse)?

When I was at WT we had a great tennis team and coach. I was taking his tennis class as an elective, which I enjoyed. He said if you want an A you have to attend some varsity tennis matches. I watched WT beat USC into submission. Yes, OJ's alma mater.
          Yeah that has frustrated me like a lot of things about WT athletics that WT hasn't brought back their tennis team.

Amarillo High, Randall, and Hereford are consistently starting to produce team and individual state champions and would be great assets to a local university D2 team.

I believe one of the Amarillo High state champs signed with UT-Tyler yesterday.

Comment

Wildcats have an impressive showing and down UCLA 52-21. First win in Westwood!

Next up, St. Mary's, a team that has historically given CWU problems.

https://wildcatsports.com/news/2023/...ins-52-21.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
              Wildcats have an impressive showing and down UCLA 52-21. First win in Westwood!
              Next up, St. Mary's, a team that has historically given CWU problems.

https://wildcatsports.com/news/2023/...ins-52-21.aspx
              Tommy Callahan was a legend rugby player at Marquette University. Dude played 7 years on the rugby team.

Comment

Lots of people go to college for seven years...

Comment

Originally posted by GreyHoundGA View Post
                  Lots of people go to college for seven years...
                  There was a guy at WT who always wore overalls that I might have talked to once. He was there my entire 4 years. When I came back for a visit 4-5 years later, I was shocked to see Mr. Overalls was still there. I didn't speak to him but you couldn't miss him.

Unrelated, there was a guy who went to WT as well who appeared to never shave or cut his hair. He also went barefoot, even in the winter. Jeans and a white tee shirt were his daily wear. I've wondered what kind of job he was able to land once he quit or finished school. He was a disgruntled army vet.

Comment

Bet you were dying to see that! 😏

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Bet you were dying to see that! 😏
                      I enjoyed the match, even though I didn't expect to. Our guys were really good!

Comment

I enjoyed the match, even though I didn't expect to. Our guys were really good!
                        You missed the joke.

Comment

How is it that a post on rugby gets derailed by WTAMU posters with another sport?

I miss the NCC...

Comment

CWU got their first ever victory over St. Mary's, scoring a try with 8 seconds left in the match to garner the victory. That leaves the Wildcats 5-0 against some of the tougher competition in collegiate rugby.

Next up: Trinity Western and Western Washington this Saturday and Sunday. Home opener for CWU.

Comment

Why is CWU playing WWU and Trinity twice? Why do they always play so many club and Canadian teams? There are plenty of other D1A teams in the West. And why be an independent? THe 4-team PAC conference (Arizona, Cal, UCLA, Utah) could certainly welcome them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X