Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWU Starting QB Glasper to Transfer

https://twitter.com/qglasper4/status...AZxVxAHug&s=19

CWU just took a hit as their QB1 Quincy Glasper has entered the portal. When healthy and on his best game he can be pretty dynamic, but over the last two seasons he missed half of each season injured. The Wildcats can certainly upgrade the quarterback position, but I have been surprised that I have not heard of any incoming transfers unless there is someone who has committed to Central I haven't heard of yet. CWU really needs to add a quarterback through the portal. Right now JJ Lemming would be their top returner and he has been very inconsistent the last couple years as a part-time starter.

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    https://twitter.com/qglasper4/status...AZxVxAHug&s=19

CWU just took a hit as their QB1 Quincy Glasper has entered the portal. When healthy and on his best game he can be pretty dynamic, but over the last two seasons he missed half of each season injured. The Wildcats can certainly upgrade the quarterback position, but I have been surprised that I have not heard of any incoming transfers unless there is someone who has committed to Central I haven't heard of yet. CWU really needs to add a quarterback through the portal. Right now JJ Lemming would be their top returner and he has been very inconsistent the last couple years as a part-time starter.
    I wonder what caused him to enter the portal. Maybe CWU already found another QB.

I mean, not entering until April 24th tells me something happened.

Comment

His career is probably over. I've checked the portal for men's hoops -- right now, according to one poster, 10% of D2 guys have found a spot. In D1 football 43% of portal guys land at another school, that's D1 or FCS, 43%. D2 football even worse. Not sure they track D3 and NAIA, but unless they're landing there, the career is probably over and certainly the starting career is over. Who is taking him in the West? That would be no one, maybe as a backup. Just the harsh realities for all these delusional athletes. They have the right to better their athletic lot in life. Always exceptions to the rule, some WOU LB years ago transferred to Oregon State and started. Not many of those out there.

Comment

I just checked CWU's roster on Hudl. No new QB transfers. Not looking promising unless one of last year's redshirts step up

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          His career is probably over. I've checked the portal for men's hoops -- right now, according to one poster, 10% of D2 guys have found a spot. In D1 football 43% of portal guys land at another school, that's D1 or FCS, 43%. D2 football even worse. Not sure they track D3 and NAIA, but unless they're landing there, the career is probably over and certainly the starting career is over. Who is taking him in the West? That would be no one, maybe as a backup. Just the harsh realities for all these delusional athletes. They have the right to better their athletic lot in life. Always exceptions to the rule, some WOU LB years ago transferred to Oregon State and started. Not many of those out there.
          The last numbers I heard were somewhere around 90% of d2 portal guys never play football again.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The last numbers I heard were somewhere around 90% of d2 portal guys never play football again.

Some/most probably weren't getting PT with the current team. In the past, they would have just been part of the annual attrition numbers.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

I think at this level, it's other people in these players' heads. People on the outside saying "You could play D1, you should jump in the portal." Ain't nothing guaranteed in the portal. Growing up, I was always told, "Go where you're wanted, go where you'll play."

I don't know if any of you have seen that video of Cam Newton talking to high school players, but he is right.
              RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
              Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Maybe he’s thinking he can go D1 and have the “experience” playing might not matter so much because he already has played.

something had to have happened to make him jump ship like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Wow, pretty amazing. It's really intriguing to watch the quarterbacks in the portal and Division 1. Arizona State had a guy on his fourth school and didn't win the starting job in any of them. News flash, the dude just isn't very good. Oregon State had a quarterback transfer to Baylor, his third school after leaving Nebraska for OSU. I saw him play a few games for the Beavers and he was absolutely horrific. He's also on his 7th year of football. Dude, move on you're just not very good. Can't believe Baylor took a flyer on him. He's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                    Maybe he’s thinking he can go D1 and have the “experience” playing might not matter so much because he already has played.

something had to have happened to make him jump ship like that.
                    I agree. I mean in 2021 he was the GNAC Offensive Player of the Year & first-team All-GNAC. In only 7 games.

Played 7 games in '22 and had decent stats. And dodn't even break top 10 LSC QBs.

Not sure what he is expecting.

Now, there could be SO MANY different reasons he left.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I agree. I mean in 2021 he was the GNAC Offensive Player of the Year & first-team All-GNAC. In only 7 games.

Played 7 games in '22 and had decent stats. And dodn't even break top 10 LSC QBs.

Not sure what he is expecting.

Now, there could be SO MANY different reasons he left.
                      His drop off might have something to do with the new OC they got.

Also, would any of the LSC schools pick him up?

Comment

He was good, he's not anymore. He's not D1, well, maybe 3rd string, I've seen some awful Pac-12 2nd and 3rd string QB's. He's injury prone. I don't think any LSC team would touch him. I think his career is over, he had a decent deal at CWU. This grass is greener stuff is comical. D2 portal success rate -- as noted here -- is brutal. Most of these guys leaving their D2 programs just aren't very good, including this QB. My guess is he lands at an NAIA, doesn't like it and quits.

Comment

I doubt it, but what do I know?

Comment

I actually could see him transferring to Lincoln University in Oakland. He is from Northern California so it would be closer to home, and they travel to play multiple FCS teams. Seems like a good fit if he is okay with sacrificing the chance to play for a conference championship and return to the national playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                              I actually could see him transferring to Lincoln University in Oakland. He is from Northern California so it would be closer to home, and they travel to play multiple FCS teams. Seems like a good fit if he is okay with sacrificing the chance to play for a conference championship and return to the national playoffs
                              Doubtful.

If that OL isnt even up to 10% of FCS standards he will only have a couple of seconds tops to throw the ball before he is running for his life.

As someone else quoted earlier NAIA might be the better fit or see what Sul Ross might have to offer during the D2 transition.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X