Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Curious what happens to the PNW schools if the LSC gets two of those D3 schools.
    So are we.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

UTD, UMHB, and HSU. UTD doesn’t play football. They also don’t want to stay D2 for long. Just a short term deal.
      You missed 2 non-Texas institutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

So are we.
        Simply put if the LSC adds the three D3 Texas schools and doesn't lose the existing schools then Central Washington and Western Oregon gets the boot. Then they have a decision to make to move up to D1 or down to D3/NAIA. Not a fair deal but it is what it is.

Comment

What? You don’t think people aren’t going to pack the stadium to see the Lobos from Alpine?
          23,000 peeps packed the old stadium to see them play Eastern New Mexico.

If WT becomes relevant again they will pack that smaller stadium if they play Alabama or Amarillo College.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
            Alpine is a cool little town. There are some decent restaurants and bars with live music, probably better than what you would find in towns much larger. It’s about an hours drive to Big Bend National Park and Terlingua which are pretty cool to visit in the fall and spring. Not so much though in July and August where it’s desert like environment is obviously an issue. Marfa is close by where a bunch of the Art crowd from Austin and East Coast have relocated to get away from the hustle. I’m sure the WTAM Buffaloons would get along real well with those types. Lol! And the McDonald observatory is near by outside another cool little town of Fort Davis. All connected by some of the most spectacular drives in Texas.
            The other half of the Austin Art crowd started relocating to Lockhart while I was there a few years ago.

Comment

What? You don’t think people aren’t going to pack the stadium to see the Lobos from Alpine?
              I’m just embarrassed for whichever poor LSC opponent they beat first.

They should go the way of Lincoln in the MIAA. They do have the benefit of being able to recruit Texas HS talent I suppose.
              Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

They should go the way of Lincoln in the MIAA. They do have the benefit of being able to recruit Texas HS talent I suppose.
                WT got blown out by Simon Fraser so the rock bottom low has been achieved and can't be surpassed.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

I'm sure Washburn felt the same way.
                  Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Sul Ross may or may not be successful in the LSC and if they are successful, it will likely take time.

Tarleton State joined back in 1995, and compiled an 8-24 conference record in their first four years.
                    Midwestern State joined in 1997, and had a 7-20 conference record in their first three years.

or they could go the OPSU or McMurry way
                    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                      Sul Ross may or may not be successful in the LSC and if they are successful, it will likely take time.

Tarleton State joined back in 1995, and compiled an 8-24 conference record in their first four years.
                      Midwestern State joined in 1997, and had a 7-20 conference record in their first three years.

or they could go the OPSU or McMurry way
                      They could be on par with WNM. I think they have similar environments and a pizz poor recruiting area. Like WNM, the closest airport is El Paso though Odessa may be a little closer. I am guessing that recruiting expenses would be double that of the rest of the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

They could be on par with WNM. I think they have similar environments and a pizz poor recruiting area. Like WNM, the closest airport is El Paso though Odessa may be a little closer. I am guessing that recruiting expenses would be double that of the rest of the LSC.
                        With so much recruiting done online with social media and zoom, all they have to do is make dozens and dozens of offers, mirroring Angelo, Midwestern, WT, etc and sign the leftovers. Cheap recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Simply put if the LSC adds the three D3 Texas schools and doesn't lose the existing schools then Central Washington and Western Oregon gets the boot. Then they have a decision to make to move up to D1 or down to D3/NAIA. Not a fair deal but it is what it is.
                          I believe LSC loses 1-2 current members to D1. 1 for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

With so much recruiting done online with social media and zoom, all they have to do is make dozens and dozens of offers, mirroring Angelo, Midwestern, WT, etc and sign the leftovers. Cheap recruiting.
                            I don't think Angelo or MSU-Texas really recruits that way. Neither have had those mega signing classes like WT, TAMUC, etc. It seems like Angelo gets its steady 20-25 HS signees each year.
                            Last edited by ASUPops; 07-19-2023, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I don't think Angelo or MSU-Texas really ruits thst way. Neither have had those mega signing classes like WT, TAMUC, etc. It seems like Angelo gets its steady 20-25 HS signees each year.
                              I'm saying, whoever the other LSC teams offer, Sul Ross offers. They'll get enough talent to compete with the lower echelon of the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I'm saying, whoever the other LSC teams offer, Sul Ross offers. They'll get enough talent to compete with the lower echelon of the LSC.
                                Sorry, I misunderstood.

Agreed!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X