Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

You forgot an item. It could also be a lack of depth. Front-line players are an improvement, not sure how deep the improvement goes.
    Also, the Freshman QB has a lot of upside. He is still a Freshman, if he lives long enough he'll be a Sophomore.
    Ha!

Didn't Lynn sign like 35 freshman and 13 transfers??? That's 48. Plus I think he got even more after NSD. How does he not have depth???

All I know, they should be 4-1 and it's pissing me off!!

Comment

Great experience in Canyon! The campus is super nice, the stadium is amazing, and Texans, as always, were very welcoming. Honestly, I don’t know how WOU competes with this. Hats off to y’all.

Comment

I'll be called a bandwagon jumper, don't care, great game by Winker to lead the Wolves to victory!

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          I'll be called a bandwagon jumper, don't care, great game by Winker to lead the Wolves to victory!
          No accusations from me! hahaha He had a good game. Had one pass that should have been picked off that turned into a reception. There were a couple drops in early going. Keys were no interceptions and a solid final drive. Great reception by Kade Hustler on the final drive.
          Last edited by SPWOU; 09-30-2023, 11:31 PM.

Comment

The back to back WT losses have been frustrating.

Once Lynn gets over that hump and installs belief that WT can close games instead of folding under Hughes then they will be in good shape.

I think most rational WT fans knew that 2024 would be the time frame that WT would be realistically competitive for a LSC championship.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

I’m thinking they may have determined the ball wasn’t catchable in bounds.
              From 35 yards away and NO angle?

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post
                Great experience in Canyon! The campus is super nice, the stadium is amazing, and Texans, as always, were very welcoming. Honestly, I don’t know how WOU competes with this. Hats off to y’all.
                Did you check out tail-gating?

Comment

WT didn't fold. Did you watch the game?

The kicking game was the difference. It gives and it takes away.

Buffs scored after a blocked punt. +7
                  The long snapper puts one in the endzone. -2
                  Missed FG from @45 possible +3
                  Missed a 2nd FG from @45 at end of game (damn it looked good) possible +3 and a game winner

The safety was the difference in the game.

As an old place kicker, I badly feel for Preston Gregg.

Comment

Like I said earlier, I think coach Ferguson and his staff are magicians the way they put together solid seasons with not many scholarships. It's rather remarkable. I always wonder what the program could do if they had just 23 scholarships.

One problem we have is lack of depth since we don't have a lot of scholarships and we have to play really well to win league games. We have some good pieces on both sides of the ball and special teams but we really don't have a large margin of error anywhere, especially yesterday where the game came down to the final kick. Very pleased with the victory. Moving forward they just need to give all sports at Western Oregon more support if they're going to continue to play in a scholarship division.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                      Like I said earlier, I think coach Ferguson and his staff are magicians the way they put together solid seasons with not many scholarships. It's rather remarkable. I always wonder what the program could do if they had just 23 scholarships.

One problem we have is lack of depth since we don't have a lot of scholarships and we have to play really well to win league games. We have some good pieces on both sides of the ball and special teams but we really don't have a large margin of error anywhere, especially yesterday where the game came down to the final kick. Very pleased with the victory. Moving forward they just need to give all sports at Western Oregon more support if they're going to continue to play in a scholarship division.
                      The scholarships would certainly explain why they’re this “stuck in the middle” type of team.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                        The back to back WT losses have been frustrating.

Once Lynn gets over that hump and installs belief that WT can close games instead of folding under Hughes then they will be in good shape.

I think most rational WT fans knew that 2024 would be the time frame that WT would be realistically competitive for a LSC championship.
                        It’s been that way at Lynn’s other stops.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

It’s been that way at Lynn’s other stops.
                          A bounce here and a bounce there (BB analogy) and WT is (maybe shoulda coulda woulda) 4-1. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Did you check out tail-gating?
                            YES! Can't believe I forgot to mention it. It was fantastic, we filled up on smash burgers, pulled pork sandwiches & nachos, sausage wraps and sausage on a stick.

Comment

From 35 yards away and NO angle?
                              Can't call a foul if you don't see it. ;) There were definitely calls for both sides to question. How about the WT punt where the WT player caught it at the 1-yd line and ran it into the end zone and they placed it at the 1? And the roughing the passer on the second to last play, are you kidding me?

Comment

WT didn't fold. Did you watch the game?

The kicking game was the difference. It gives and it takes away.

Buffs scored after a blocked punt. +7
                                The long snapper puts one in the endzone. -2
                                Missed FG from @45 possible +3
                                Missed a 2nd FG from @45 at end of game (damn it looked good) possible +3 and a game winner

The safety was the difference in the game.

As an old place kicker, I badly feel for Preston Gregg.
                                I agree, they didn't fold. It was a hard fought game by both teams and both made their share of mistakes. WOU was fortunate the FG attempt was into the 12 or so mph wind.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X