Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I get what you are saying. It's all funny money in the real world.

That said, a school can only use 36 equivalencies at the highest dollar amount, so from a competitive standpoint, it makes a huge difference how you report and classify it.
    Yes, but "out of state" fees are a surcharge levied by a university, and can be waived at their discretion. For athletic scholarship purposes, it makes a school no financial difference where an athlete is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseLodge View Post

Yes, but "out of state" fees are a surcharge levied by a university, and can be waived at their discretion. For athletic scholarship purposes, it makes a school no financial difference where an athlete is coming from.
      Are the TX schools doing this? I asked because some schools don't utilize that loophole.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
        Was Josh Lynn not a good hire? How long has he been in Canyon? Of the "McBroom" coaches mentioned, I still come up with 53-43. Not great, but I wouldn't put it in the sucks category.

Some of you people need to get a grip. Putting "yeah buts" in front of every win is low class. Give the new coach some room.
        I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Are the TX schools doing this? I asked because some schools don't utilize that loophole.

It isn't a loophole. Take a look at K-State's roster. A bunch of those kids are from states other than Kansas. But K-State is still able to offer 85 scholarships, even if they all come from somewhere other than Kansas. "Out of State" fees are surcharges - there isn't a legal requirement for a university to levy it. Often, a university will have a policy that allows for a complete waiver of the surcharge if the student is receiving a university-based scholarship - merit, financial need, athletic, music, etc.

K-State is very generous with their waivers, because they need students; enrollment has been declining for years.

On the other hand, Oklahoma is quite stingy with their waivers - except for athletes of course - because enrollment is growing and they can successfully get the surcharge.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

That sounds like a great deal for Hughes. I wish him the best of luck in D1.

However, I have not heard of that sams/nickels position before. The team has not had a coach for that in the recent past.
            Sam/Nickel is a hybrid position used in modern nickle defenses. Think Auburn, and Alabama since '17 season.

Comment

I think if I was a WT fan I would be a l would be a little more optimistic about Lynn for a couple of reasons. if u listened to his signing day presser he said he has 17 scholarship OL’s on campus and last year at this time he had 7. They have 3 scholarship Qb’s on campus and last year they had 1.
              They return 17 starters. 7 of those starters were true freshman. They lost 2 games last year by a combined 2 points. They win those it’s probably a different conversation. I really think the difference between UTPB’s season and everyone else in the league was as simple as QB play. UTPB’s 6th year Qb was a huge difference for them. Great Player. So if WT can figure out the QB position and continue to build I feel they will be much better. The Johnson kid they brought in at Qb at Semester is a very athletic Qb. Between him and Gipson they have a couple of good options IMO.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X