Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Give them a freaking break! It was the coaches 1st year and they went 10-1 in LSC and 10-2 on tbe season.

How'd your Buff's 1st year coach do??
    Which one?

Don Carthel completely turned it around in 2005 going 10-2 and losing to the previous year National runner up Pitt State in the playoffs.

They were 5-27 the years before that.

Nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
      After all this last year they were humiliated at home in the playoffs last year by a non-successful NSIC school that turned around and lost at home themselves to a team that UTPB smoked in the regular season.
      How many times does it have to be proven that the transitive property does not work for college football?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

How many times does it have to be proven that the transitive property does not work for college football?
        It doesnt but the situation applies that Bemidji had never won a playoff game in their 96 year history until they shut down UTPB on the road.

Then they came back to earth when they blew a 17 point lead at home to Central Washington.

Transitive property strawman really isnt the same situation since one situation was the regular season and one was in the playoffs.

Ask the Dallas Cowboys about being two different teams.

Comment

It doesnt but the situation applies that Bemidji had never won a playoff game in their 96 year history until they shut down UTPB on the road.

Then they came back to earth when they blew a 17 point lead at home to Central Washington.

Transitive property strawman really isnt the same situation since one situation was the regular season and one was in the playoffs.

Ask the Dallas Cowboys about being two different teams.
          My Team Is Better Than Your Team - The Transitive Property of Sports

It is not a straw man. Every game is stand alone. Hence the note I made as to the transitive property.

What is more important? Scoring early, or being ahead at the end of the game?

Comment

My Team Is Better Than Your Team - The Transitive Property of Sports

It is not a straw man. Every game is stand alone. Hence the note I made as to the transitive property.

What is more important? Scoring early, or being ahead at the end of the game?
            Ok let me explain this to you more slowly.

Central Washington was the lowest seed in the whole region.

They lost to UTPB soundly the last game of the year.

They were big underdogs to both Western Colorado and Bemidji State and would have been again if they met UTPB in the playoffs.

Central Washington was getting ran out of the stadium early against Bemidji.

DIfference is they made the adjustments this time on defense and they didnt do it against UTPB.

Maybe Bemidji got confident and took their foot off the gas who knows.

Central Washington was the better team that day.

Overall I believe long term UTPB and Bemidji were better teams than Central Washington in 2023.

Let me save you the trouble for all the favorite west coast comebacks "Yes WT did suck and wasnt in the playoffs".

Comment

They were big underdogs to both Western Colorado and Bemidji State and would have been again if they met UTPB in the playoffs.

DIfference is they made the adjustments this time on defense and they didnt do it against UTPB.

Overall I believe long term UTPB and Bemidji were better teams than Central Washington in 2023.

Let me save you the trouble for all the favorite west coast comebacks "Yes WT did suck and wasnt in the playoffs".
              Why do you have to be so pedantic? It is easy to understand. The transitive property has not proven to work in college football.

The bolded is what happens in football. You argue against, then point out actual results, then go back to your argument.

UT PB was probably better than CWU in a Regional Semifinal. CWU got hot and won. This is what happens outside of "desk jockey" talks. I will take results in the playoffs over the "desk jockey" discussions.

And as far as insults towards WTAMU, when have I ever stated that? That is your insecurity.

Comment

Which one?

Don Carthel completely turned it around in 2005 going 10-2 and losing to the previous year National runner up Pitt State in the playoffs.

They were 5-27 the years before that.

Nice try though.
                Can you get into the CURRENT DECADE?? Let me help you. Your new HC's name is Josh Lynn. That's L-Y-N-N.

He DIDN'T go 10-2 in 2023 with a play-off birth. See the difference there? If not, I can break it down for you BARNEY style.

UTPB did!

Nice try though.

Comment

It doesn't work in any sport at any level.

Comment

The ONLY intelligent thing you said all day. 😂

Comment

Why do you have to be so pedantic? It is easy to understand. The transitive property has not proven to work in college football.

The bolded is what happens in football. You argue against, then point out actual results, then go back to your argument.

UT PB was probably better than CWU in a Regional Semifinal. CWU got hot and won. This is what happens outside of "desk jockey" talks. I will take results in the playoffs over the "desk jockey" discussions.

And as far as insults towards WTAMU, when have I ever stated that? That is your insecurity.
                      Speaking the truth is not "insults". WT 3-7, 7th out of 9 teams. Only better than WNM and WOU = Sucks. Truth, no insults. Just the FACTS.

Comment

Pretty much your whole response is why I don’t engage anymore. But the bolded is his MO.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Pretty much your whole response is why I don’t engage anymore. But the bolded is his MO.
                          Here are the arguments/facts that I was pointing out.

UTPB as a favorite beat Central Washington at home, UTPB lost as an underdog to Bemidji at home, Western Colorado lost at home to Central Washington as an underdog, Bemidji lost as a favorite at home to Central Washington.

Where I feel the Transitive property statement wasn't in play here is the situations changed in the playoffs.

UTPB underperformed when it counted the most.

Central Washington was NEVER a favorite in any of the games.

ASUPops didnt clarify which coach so I played his game and spun it back at him at Carthel which is what the UTPB coach is doing but a different way with the portal.

Kris McCullough inherited a program on the rise, CArthel inherited one in shambles.

Josh Lynn definitely inherited a WT program in shambles losing to multiple bottom feeder D2 programs and quit on the previous coach.

My "MO" is responding to guys that like to create arguments which included your NSIC journalist that couldnt take a joke or debate and had to whine about it.

Now go back to enjoying basketball/volleyball and we can have some real conversation in the fall when football season starts.

Comment

Here are the arguments/facts that I was pointing out.

UTPB as a favorite beat Central Washington at home, UTPB lost as an underdog to Bemidji at home, Western Colorado lost at home to Central Washington as an underdog, Bemidji lost as a favorite at home to Central Washington.

Where I feel the Transitive property statement wasn't in play here is the situations changed in the playoffs.

UTPB underperformed when it counted the most.

Central Washington was NEVER a favorite in any of the games.

ASUPops didnt clarify which coach so I played his game and spun it back at him at Carthel which is what the UTPB coach is doing but a different way with the portal.

Kris McCullough inherited a program on the rise, CArthel inherited one in shambles.

Josh Lynn definitely inherited a WT program in shambles losing to multiple bottom feeder D2 programs and quit on the previous coach.

My "MO" is responding to guys that like to create arguments which included your NSIC journalist that couldnt take a joke or debate and had to whine about it.

Now go back to enjoying basketball/volleyball and we can have some real conversation in the fall when football season starts.
                            First, if you put my name in your mouth, talk to ME. Don't play the passive-aggressive BS.

Next, WHAT??? Your entire paragraph makes ZERO sense. And you knew exactly which coach I was talking about.

Nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

First, if you put my name in your mouth, talk to ME. Don't play the passive-aggressive BS.

Next, WHAT??? Your entire paragraph makes ZERO sense. And you knew exactly which coach I was talking about.

Nice try though.
                              So if I don't directly quote YOU and speak to you by name then I am being passively aggressive?

I literally called out your name.

Passive aggressive would have been "and you know a certain poster that supports ASU and other LSC schools said this and hurt my feelings" or some crap like that.

When the hades have you ever known me to be passively aggressive?

I decided to address everyone on the last comment since several people came at me instead of addressing every single quote.

In the government world its called managing the workload.

That being said Happy Valentines Day to everyone and yours.

Comment

So if I don't directly quote YOU and speak to you by name then I am being passively aggressive?

I literally called out your name.

Passive aggressive would have been "and you know a certain poster that supports ASU and other LSC schools said this and hurt my feelings" or some crap like that.

When the hades have you ever known me to be passively aggressive?

I decided to address everyone on the last comment since several people came at me instead of addressing every single quote.

In the government world its called managing the workload.

That being said Happy Valentines Day to everyone and yours.
                                That's your spin on it.....but literally it means INDIRECTLY expressing negative comments/feelings.

You were talking to someone else about me....knowing I could read it. THAT IS passive-aggressive. Like I said....talk to ME.

And the key to you and your M.O. is in this sentence "In the government"...😂

Sorry, I don't wish happy valentine's day to men...haha...but Happy Ash Wednesday? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Have a good day.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X