Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

First, if you put my name in your mouth, talk to ME. Don't play the passive-aggressive BS.

Next, WHAT??? Your entire paragraph makes ZERO sense. And you knew exactly which coach I was talking about.

Nice try though.
    Since I didn't address your not making sense comment lets come at this a different way.

Do you think Kris McCullough could have won the LSC with a 10-2+ better record taking over WT in his first year?

Possible but not probable.

Most players on WT quit and were running for the hills in the transfer portal when it was possible that Hughes might be retained.

UTPB was 5-5 in 2021 and 5-6 in 2022 and competitive in most games.

I am simply saying there was/is much more to fix at WT and its a wide spread problem restoring the culture not only on field but off the field and administration as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Since I didn't address your not making sense comment lets come at this a different way.

Do you think Kris McCullough could have won the LSC with a 10-2+ better record taking over WT in his first year?

Possible but not probable.

Most players on WT quit and were running for the hills in the transfer portal when it was possible that Hughes might be retained.

UTPB was 5-5 in 2021 and 5-6 in 2022 and competitive in most games.

I am simply saying there was/is much more to fix at WT and its a wide spread problem restoring the culture not only on field but off the field and administration as well.
      WT was 7-4 in 2021 and 5-6 in 2022, same as UTPB. So, no real difference there, except WT WAS loaded with talent.

Players didn't "run for the hills", your coach ran them off because they were quitters. He also brought some good talent with him and recruited very well. Your own alum were estatic about his 1st recruiting class if I remember correctly.

Do I think McCollugh could have been 10-2 at WT. You bet your arse!!!

As for the administration, I only know what I hear from posters on this board. The few I know at WT don't seem to share those sentiments.

Comment

This was your comment:

"ASUPops didnt clarify which coach so I played his game and spun it back at him at Carthel which is what the UTPB coach is doing but a different way with the portal."

Read that again and tell me it makes sense to you.

"I played his game and spun it back at him at Carthel which is what the UTPB coach is doing but a different way with the portal."

What????

Comment

This was your comment:

"ASUPops didnt clarify which coach so I played his game and spun it back at him at Carthel which is what the UTPB coach is doing but a different way with the portal."

Read that again and tell me it makes sense to you.

"I played his game and spun it back at him at Carthel which is what the UTPB coach is doing but a different way with the portal."

What????
          You asked "How'd your Buff's 1st year coach do??"

You didnt specify "How did 1st year coach Josh Lynn do"?

There are a lot of similarities between McCullogh and Carthel on how they were/are able to spin up their programs so quickly.

Unless someone is eager to prove me wrong I don't see any evidence where the WT athletic and admin department as a whole are as enthusiastic about bring WT football back to contention as UTPB.

I think Lynn is a great hire and hope it eventually pans out but I think its far fetched to believe that McCullough would have ran the LSC conference table at WT especially since there are questions about possible additional resources available at UTPB.

Also I wished happy valentines day to everyone and yours which includes females and your significant other.

I am bringing it back to UTPB since this is a UTPB recruiting thread and they earned the right to have this discussion to be about them.

We can continue the WT cluster on another thread.

Comment

After all this last year they were humiliated at home in the playoffs last year by a non-successful NSIC school that turned around and lost at home themselves to a team that UTPB smoked in the regular season.

Lets revisit this at the end of the 2024 season to see if the coaching can catch up to the talent.
            You make the above statement, then your last statement is....

"I am bringing it back to UTPB since this is a UTPB recruiting thread and they earned the right to have this discussion to be about them."

You ARE a government worker. 😂😂😂😂

Comment

You make the above statement, then your last statement is....

"I am bringing it back to UTPB since this is a UTPB recruiting thread and they earned the right to have this discussion to be about them."

You ARE a government worker. 😂😂😂😂
              Meaning you brought up the WT angle and got us all in the weeds. LOL.

Comment

Meaning you brought up the WT angle and got us all in the weeds. LOL.
                Are you smoking crack?

We (the rest of us) were talking about schollies. You piped in slamming UTPB and their coaching. Hence, I asked how did your first year coach do.

Comment

You asked "How'd your Buff's 1st year coach do??"

You didnt specify "How did 1st year coach Josh Lynn do"?

There are a lot of similarities between McCullogh and Carthel on how they were/are able to spin up their programs so quickly.

Unless someone is eager to prove me wrong I don't see any evidence where the WT athletic and admin department as a whole are as enthusiastic about bring WT football back to contention as UTPB.

I think Lynn is a great hire and hope it eventually pans out but I think its far fetched to believe that McCullough would have ran the LSC conference table at WT especially since there are questions about possible additional resources available at UTPB.

Also I wished happy valentines day to everyone and yours which includes females and your significant other.

I am bringing it back to UTPB since this is a UTPB recruiting thread and they earned the right to have this discussion to be about them.

We can continue the WT cluster on another thread.

You aren't obtuse enough to not know what coach he was talking about. Surely not one from 20 years ago.

UTPB vs Pueblo should be a decent game if CSUP is able to replace their QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

You aren't obtuse enough to not know what coach he was talking about. Surely not one from 20 years ago.

Yes and I was messing with him the same way he likes to mess around with others.

Either way he knew damn well that UTPB was a better situation to take over than the cluster that Lynn inherited at WT.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Where is the game at this year?

Neither page has an updated 2024 schedule,

I agree it will be a great one and could decide a home playoff game later on depending on how much Mines comes back to the pack (no pun intended).

Comment

Yes and I was messing with him with others.

Either way he knew damn well that UTPB was a better situation to take over than the cluster that Lynn inherited at WT.
                        I do not "mess around". I push hot buttons. There is a major difference.

But thanks for trying to be me. Reminds me of the kids in my HS.

Absolutely not. I personally know or know of 16 players on WT roster. That's why I was pulling for the Buffs. They were LOADED with talent, are you kidding me??? I could have coached that team to an LSC Title, NO DOUBT.

The issue is Lynn and company did not do what McCullough and company did.....ADJUST TO THEIR TALENT.

And the recruiting attraction is 100 times on the side of WT with the proximity to Amarillo and arguably the best football stadium in DII football. H3ll, UTPB doesn't even have an on campus stadium!!

Comment

I do not "mess around". I push hot buttons. There is a major difference.

But thanks for trying to be me. Reminds me of the kids in my HS.

Absolutely not. I personally know or know of 16 players on WT roster. That's why I was pulling for the Buffs. They were LOADED with talent, are you kidding me??? I could have coached that team to an LSC Title, NO DOUBT.

The issue is Lynn and company did not do what McCullough and company did.....ADJUST TO THEIR TALENT.

And the recruiting attraction is 100 times on the side of WT with the proximity to Amarillo and arguably the best football stadium in DII football. H3ll, UTPB doesn't even have an on campus stadium!!
                          Did you just really use Amarillo proximity as a recruiting tool incentive? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Pretty sure Midland/Odessa has the same things if not more than Amarillo does and the campus isnt 10 miles away from city limits to my knowledge.

You do realize WT didnt have an on campus stadium either at their peak?

100% agree on the football stadium being the top recruiting tool.

I have a feeling UTPB will explore the on campus stadium opportunity soon and *gasp* might even consider D1 as well.

Too lazy to look it up but would be curious to know how much both head coaches used the transfer portal last year and this year.

If WT was built for a balanced straight up run/pass balance then that is going to be difficult for a run/option type coach to adjust to himself.

It would be like a pass happy LSC coach taking over at Harding with no clue how to run an option offense.

Comment

Did you just really use Amarillo proximity as a recruiting tool incentive? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Pretty sure Midland/Odessa has the same things if not more than Amarillo does and the campus isnt 10 miles away from city limits to my knowledge.

You do realize WT didnt have an on campus stadium either at their peak?

100% agree on the football stadium being the top recruiting tool.

I have a feeling UTPB will explore the on campus stadium opportunity soon and *gasp* might even consider D1 as well.

Too lazy to look it up but would be curious to know how much both head coaches used the transfer portal last year and this year.

If WT was built for a balanced straight up run/pass balance then that is going to be difficult for a run/option type coach to adjust to himself.

It would be like a pass happy LSC coach taking over at Harding with no clue how to run an option offense.
                            Absolutely!!! Amarillo vs Odessa?? Amarillo wins. But I despise west Texas, sooooo, there is that. No WT cities compare to DFW, Austin, San Antonio.

A HC should know basically every offensive scheme and be able to adjust to the talent he has.

I don't expect weekend, armchair QBs to understand all or really any offensive schemes. Fans don't watch ball games like coaches do.

Almost 38 years, I've coached football....I can take "my" offense and adjust it to any type of talent I have. I can adapt it from a smash mouth to a RO to a west coast to anything in between. All based on the talent I have.

To be honest, I've not seen many college coaches with WT's talent pool finish 3-7. They should have been 7-3 at the worse. Coaching cost them 4 games.

Let's see what happens next season.

Comment

Absolutely!!! Amarillo vs Odessa?? Amarillo wins. But I despise west Texas, sooooo, there is that. No WT cities compare to DFW, Austin, San Antonio.

A HC should know basically every offensive scheme and be able to adjust to the talent he has.

I don't expect weekend, armchair QBs to understand all or really any offensive schemes. Fans don't watch ball games like coaches do.

Almost 38 years, I've coached football....I can take "my" offense and adjust it to any type of talent I have. I can adapt it from a smash mouth to a RO to a west coast to anything in between. All based on the talent I have.

To be honest, I've not seen many college coaches with WT's talent pool finish 3-7. They should have been 7-3 at the worse. Coaching cost them 4 games.

Let's see what happens next season.
                              Dont get me wrong. Amarillo is my hometown and I like Odessa.

If you are trying to recruit the Triangle of Texas and tell them "looky here is Amarillo" then you are liable to get laughed out of the house.

In multiple places I lived in SE and deep south Texas there were several people I encountered that couldnt tell you where Amarillo was.

I have never been a head coach but on staff as a way down low assistant so have a little knowledge of the workings behind the scenes.

I agree WT should have done way more with the talent they have.

Its stuck mentally at this point.

I can count the handful of games WT lost at the end but cant recall one they "won" at the end except maybe a missed FG attempt by UTPB a few years ago?

That UTPB choke game last year sent both teams in a total 180 direction.

I am interested as well how the LSC and for that matter the region shakes down.

It should be wide open with as much talent as Mines as losing and may be the best chance for the LSC to advance to the semis in a long time before the regions realign in 2025.

Comment

Absolutely!!! Amarillo vs Odessa?? Amarillo wins. .
                                That is not a fair comparison . He!! Odessa make the Gaza Strip look like Paradise. Not quite as violent but close.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X