Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on Lynn’s past, I expect the D to improve quite a bit this season. They were normally decent on that side.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Agreed.

I kind of assumed the NCAA would want to stop spending money to lose in court, but they may have more legal maneuvering they want to try?
      Who knows when it comes to the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

UTPB had a huge advantage with an experienced QB.

Hopefully the days of 6+ year players are gone since we are getting 4+ years away from COVID.

I am going by Lynn's past record of turning programs around.

WT was Hughes first coaching job so he didnt have a track record.

I personally think they should win every home game and yes well aware that they play UTPB and Central Washington at home.

They thrashed Central Washington at home in 2022 and also beat UTPB and Western Colorado.

UTPB should come back to the pack a bit with the change at QB.

If WT can win that close game then I think things will start to change.

I think 7-4 is acceptable progress and if WT goes into that ASU game with something to play for then that would be outstanding.

If WT enters October already out of the playoff chase then I get a little concerned about the "progress".
        I am tired of Progressing.. when will WT get back to the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffan78 View Post

I am tired of Progressing.. when will WT get back to the playoffs.
          When have we been progressing? I must have missed that.

Hughes did have a couple of decent years, 2019 and 2021, before finally falling on his face.

In Lynn's first year the ONLY positive thing said about his team is they like him better than Hughes. The offense and defense were worse. It honestly seemed like Lynn considered it a throw-away year to evaluate young players, which may explain why Bogardus was rarely used.

I hope there is a giant improvement this year, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Who knows when it comes to the NCAA.
            Yeah. They do lots of goofy stuff.

Comment

You can only enter once without a penalty.
              You can transfer multiple times without a penalty now. I think it's terrible and will ultimately ruin the college game

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-memo-p...%20immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfish View Post

You can transfer multiple times without a penalty now. I think it's terrible and will ultimately ruin the college game

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-memo-p...%20immediately.
                Per the article you posted:

"The fall transfer portal period ends Jan. 2. It is not yet certain if fall sports athletes entering the spring portal would be immediately eligible.

Under current NCAA rules, an athlete is permitted to transfer once without the penalty, allowing them to play immediately at their new school. Those transferring more than once need a waiver to play immediately."

This is only going on because of a lawsuit. Very soon, things will hopefully get back to normal. We should know by June.

Comment

Who was the last DII QB to start in the NFL? Tyson Bagent, DII's best QB and 2021 Harlon Hill winner. Then you have Kitna, Null, and Bouman. That's it in the past 22 years!!
                  And Kitna came from NAIA Central Washington after the 1995 season. CWU didn't move to D2 until before the 1999 season. If I remember the story right, he bounced around NFL Europe before having a friend of a friend convince then-Seahawks head coach Dennis Erickson for a tryout. He retired with 30,000 yards passing. Not bad, but so, so, so lucky to get the chance.

If I remember right, Null (drafted) and CWU's Mike Reilly (free agent) were both picked up by the St. Louis Rams and made the active roster, but Null got the playing time at the end of the season, whereas Reilly went on to have an incredible career in the CFL. Both bounced around practice squads for a bit.

Null and Reilly were incredible talents IMO, but it just goes to show how elite the NFL actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

And Kitna came from NAIA Central Washington after the 1995 season. CWU didn't move to D2 until before the 1999 season. If I remember the story right, he bounced around NFL Europe before having a friend of a friend convince then-Seahawks head coach Dennis Erickson for a tryout. He retired with 30,000 yards passing. Not bad, but so, so, so lucky to get the chance.

If I remember right, Null (drafted) and CWU's Mike Reilly (free agent) were both picked up by the St. Louis Rams and made the active roster, but Null got the playing time at the end of the season, whereas Reilly went on to have an incredible career in the CFL. Both bounced around practice squads for a bit.

Null and Reilly were incredible talents IMO, but it just goes to show how elite the NFL actually is.
                    Indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

The Rams were anxious to get Sam Bradford who was injury prone. They brought in some journeyman QB who knew the offense and cut Keith just before the season began. Keith was surprised because their OC had said Keith looked the sharpest in camp. So the Rams cut all 4 of the QBs they had the year before.

Head coach Steve Spagnola and the GM were fired after a couple more bad years. I doubt Spagnola will ever be offered another head coaching job.

Keith is my all time favorite WT quarterback. I had a lot of respect for Mike Reilly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X