Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Augie d1 thread

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Augie d1 thread

    First they have to receive an Official Invite from a D1 Conference

    The Summit League or another Conference.

    Then the Augustana will vote to accept or reject.

    When they are eligible to leave the NSIC would depend upon the NSIC bylaws. Is there a monetary penalty or an timeline.

    Every Conference regardless of Classification has to be set up as of July 1 every year.

    (As an example: the D2 Gulf South Conference at least 13 months timeline prior to July 1st.  The University of North Alabama received an invitation in December 2016, with the 13 month time limit the July 2017 wasn’t the 13 month timeline. So they had to be in the GSC for the 2017-2018 season. Thus the 2018-2019 season was the first as D1.)

    Assuming that The NSIC has rules preventing from leaving the upcoming season since some of the fall schedules has already been planned. We that said I would think the 2020-2021 season.

    If the 2020-2021 season it would be the following:

    Exploratory Year - 2020-2021 D2 Member eligible for all D2 Championships and Awards.
    Transition Year 1 - 2021-2022 Not eligible for D2, but can schedule both D2 and D1.
    Transition Year 2 - 2022-2023 Can Only schedule D1
    Transition Year 3 - 2023-2024 Can only schedule D1
    Transition Year 4 - 2024-2025 Can only schedule D1
    Year - 2025-2026 - Full D1 Member and Eligible for all Champioships.
    (That is if all the previous transition years were successful.)

    Just remember it depends on when they get an D1 acceptance and the NSIC bylaws on when they can leave with the change of conference as of July 1.

    Comment


    • Re: Augie d1 thread

      Why would the NSIC allow Augie to stay in the NSIC past the 2019 season? The current members will have zero interest in keeping them around.

      Comment


      • Re: Augie d1 thread

        Originally posted by StateU View Post
        Why would the NSIC allow Augie to stay in the NSIC past the 2019 season? The current members will have zero interest in keeping them around.
        Agree. If Augustana does go the non-scholarship football route, I imagine some players may investigate transferring. Not sure how that works when transitioning from a scholarship program to one without. Unless the school honors the scholarships until that player graduates?

        Comment


        • Re: Augie d1 thread

          Originally posted by StateU View Post
          Why would the NSIC allow Augie to stay in the NSIC past the 2019 season? The current members will have zero interest in keeping them around.
          They'd rather have 15 teams, challenging scheduling issues, etc. for an extra year or two? It makes sense for both parties to stay in the NSIC as long as necessary, unless the conference already has a replacement team ready to step in immediately, which the discussion on here seems to be indicating isn't exactly highly likely.

          Comment


          • Re: Augie d1 thread

            I could see Augie staying but being ineligible for postseason league honors

            Comment


            • Re: Augie d1 thread

              Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
              Agree. If Augustana does go the non-scholarship football route, I imagine some players may investigate transferring. Not sure how that works when transitioning from a scholarship program to one without. Unless the school honors the scholarships until that player graduates?
              I heard the Pioneer will not allow them to compete while finishing out their "traditional" athletic scholarships. But privates are creative and have flexibility to make just about any situation work (in the non traditional sense). Just look at the Pioneer ... those guys aren't playing football for the fun of it.

              Comment


              • Re: Augie d1 thread

                Talk about travel and being spread out..... Pioneer is about as bad as it gets

                Comment


                • Re: Augie d1 thread

                  Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  They'd rather have 15 teams, challenging scheduling issues, etc. for an extra year or two? It makes sense for both parties to stay in the NSIC as long as necessary, unless the conference already has a replacement team ready to step in immediately, which the discussion on here seems to be indicating isn't exactly highly likely.
                  IMHO the schools would rather have to work slightly harder to schedule games than complete with a transitioning team that has no interest in the NSIC. Augie would like to stay thru 2021 and I think that's unacceptable. On the other hand, the NSIC will probably do whatever Sanford wants them to do. And BTW, no offense ...

                  Comment


                  • Re: Augie d1 thread

                    Originally posted by StateU View Post
                    IMHO the schools would rather have to work slightly harder to schedule games than complete with a transitioning team that has no interest in the NSIC. Augie would like to stay thru 2021 and I think that's unacceptable. On the other hand, the NSIC will probably do whatever Sanford wants them to do. And BTW, no offense ...
                    Doesn't offend me in the slightest. You might be right. If my post came off as defensive, it was 100% not intended to be.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Augie d1 thread

                      The individual moves may not have been made with Division I in mind, but I feel like Augie has been working towards this for awhile. Even little things like rebranding or moving basketball off-campus to the Arena feel like steps that helped make this possible.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Augie d1 thread

                        Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                        The individual moves may not have been made with Division I in mind, but I feel like Augie has been working towards this for awhile. Even little things like rebranding or moving basketball off-campus to the Arena feel like steps that helped make this possible.
                        Hidden little moves that all make sense in retrospect.. good call stanger

                        Comment


                        • Re: Augie d1 thread

                          Originally posted by StateU View Post
                          IMHO the schools would rather have to work slightly harder to schedule games than complete with a transitioning team that has no interest in the NSIC. Augie would like to stay thru 2021 and I think that's unacceptable. On the other hand, the NSIC will probably do whatever Sanford wants them to do. And BTW, no offense ...
                          I understand why other schools may not like it but if they were planning to kick Augie out immediately why would the NSIC lay out a specific timeline in here:

                          https://twitter.com/ArgusSports/stat...075081731?s=19

                          Comment


                          • Re: Augie d1 thread

                            Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                            I understand why other schools may not like it but if they were planning to kick Augie out immediately why would the NSIC lay out a specific timeline in here:

                            https://twitter.com/ArgusSports/stat...075081731?s=19
                            The NSIC will gladly keep Augie as long as they want

                            Comment


                            • Re: Augie d1 thread

                              Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                              The individual moves may not have been made with Division I in mind, but I feel like Augie has been working towards this for awhile. Even little things like rebranding or moving basketball off-campus to the Arena feel like steps that helped make this possible.
                              You know, Jamestown is no longer a college either...it is now a University

                              Comment


                              • Re: Augie d1 thread

                                Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                                You know, Jamestown is no longer a college either...it is now a University
                                Lol touché

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X