• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zimmy21
    replied
    Re: Augie d1 thread

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    I understand why other schools may not like it but if they were planning to kick Augie out immediately why would the NSIC lay out a specific timeline in here:

https://twitter.com/ArgusSports/stat...075081731?s=19
    The NSIC will gladly keep Augie as long as they want

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by StateU View Post
    IMHO the schools would rather have to work slightly harder to schedule games than complete with a transitioning team that has no interest in the NSIC. Augie would like to stay thru 2021 and I think that's unacceptable. On the other hand, the NSIC will probably do whatever Sanford wants them to do. And BTW, no offense ...
    I understand why other schools may not like it but if they were planning to kick Augie out immediately why would the NSIC lay out a specific timeline in here:

https://twitter.com/ArgusSports/stat...075081731?s=19

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    The individual moves may not have been made with Division I in mind, but I feel like Augie has been working towards this for awhile. Even little things like rebranding or moving basketball off-campus to the Arena feel like steps that helped make this possible.
    Hidden little moves that all make sense in retrospect.. good call stanger

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

The individual moves may not have been made with Division I in mind, but I feel like Augie has been working towards this for awhile. Even little things like rebranding or moving basketball off-campus to the Arena feel like steps that helped make this possible.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

IMHO the schools would rather have to work slightly harder to schedule games than complete with a transitioning team that has no interest in the NSIC. Augie would like to stay thru 2021 and I think that's unacceptable. On the other hand, the NSIC will probably do whatever Sanford wants them to do. And BTW, no offense ...
    Doesn't offend me in the slightest. You might be right. If my post came off as defensive, it was 100% not intended to be.

Leave a comment:

• StateU
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    They'd rather have 15 teams, challenging scheduling issues, etc. for an extra year or two? It makes sense for both parties to stay in the NSIC as long as necessary, unless the conference already has a replacement team ready to step in immediately, which the discussion on here seems to be indicating isn't exactly highly likely.

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied

Talk about travel and being spread out..... Pioneer is about as bad as it gets

Leave a comment:

• StateU
    replied

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
    Agree. If Augustana does go the non-scholarship football route, I imagine some players may investigate transferring. Not sure how that works when transitioning from a scholarship program to one without. Unless the school honors the scholarships until that player graduates?
    I heard the Pioneer will not allow them to compete while finishing out their "traditional" athletic scholarships. But privates are creative and have flexibility to make just about any situation work (in the non traditional sense). Just look at the Pioneer ... those guys aren't playing football for the fun of it.

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied

I could see Augie staying but being ineligible for postseason league honors

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Why would the NSIC allow Augie to stay in the NSIC past the 2019 season? The current members will have zero interest in keeping them around.
    They'd rather have 15 teams, challenging scheduling issues, etc. for an extra year or two? It makes sense for both parties to stay in the NSIC as long as necessary, unless the conference already has a replacement team ready to step in immediately, which the discussion on here seems to be indicating isn't exactly highly likely.

Leave a comment:

• MStateMaverick
    replied

Why would the NSIC allow Augie to stay in the NSIC past the 2019 season? The current members will have zero interest in keeping them around.
    Agree. If Augustana does go the non-scholarship football route, I imagine some players may investigate transferring. Not sure how that works when transitioning from a scholarship program to one without. Unless the school honors the scholarships until that player graduates?

Leave a comment:

• StateU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• North Ala Screwdriver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Can't really force UMC out. They haven't committed any crimes- or broken any conference rules- no scandals there that I am aware of. If I were them I wouldn't want to join the North Star- and the UMAC people who I have talked to aren't interested. Not a lot of candidates close by.
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    For the NSIC's sake, I sure hope they've been having some of those preliminary conversations with potential replacement schools much sooner than today, seeing as this is a move that has been rumored and perceived as being highly likely for nearly a year now.
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I'm disgusted with myself for opening a JT read, but what he said is...

"It is the assumption that the Missouri Valley will be a target for football and the Summit League will be the target for basketball and other sports.

That all is speculation at this point although it makes the most sense from a geographical stand point."

Key word is assumption. I would go off of anything and everything that Zimmer reports.
    All I said was reported...which is factually true. Good luck to Augie on the move, I hope the best for you

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Just saying Laker it was reported that they are likely to be heading to the MVFC...it is a basketball move and a move the summit desperately needs to save baseball
    I'm disgusted with myself for opening a JT read, but what he said is...

"It is the assumption that the Missouri Valley will be a target for football and the Summit League will be the target for basketball and other sports.

That all is speculation at this point although it makes the most sense from a geographical stand point."

Key word is assumption. I would go off of anything and everything that Zimmer reports.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X