Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tastes of the NSIC

Laker mentioned in a different thread (forgot which one) that there used to be a sticky thread of where are the best places to eat at each NSIC school, but vanished? Let's revive the thread! Where are some of the best places to get some grub?

In the meantime, we could talk about state fair food too ;)

So in Moorhead, a place to check out is O'Leary's Pub. Fairly standard bar food but a nice atmosphere. If you're staying over night and want a pizza, I'd recommend Pizza Patrol, thick pan pizzas with good flavor.

Another good pizza place is across the Red River in Fargo at Spicy Pie, located near the Fargo Theatre. There you can grab pizza by the slice.

Another good place on that stretch is the Old Broadway, which offers a lot of bar foods. If you're around the West Acres area, another good pub is Lucky's 13.

If you're in the mood for BBQ I'd highly recommend the Spitfire, the BBQ smell hits you right when you walk in and they have quality stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post
      So in Moorhead, a place to check out is O'Leary's Pub. Fairly standard bar food but a nice atmosphere. If you're staying over night and want a pizza, I'd recommend Pizza Patrol, thick pan pizzas with good flavor.

Another good pizza place is across the Red River in Fargo at Spicy Pie, located near the Fargo Theatre. There you can grab pizza by the slice.

Another good place on that stretch is the Old Broadway, which offers a lot of bar foods. If you're around the West Acres area, another good pub is Lucky's 13.

If you're in the mood for BBQ I'd highly recommend the Spitfire, the BBQ smell hits you right when you walk in and they have quality stuff.
      If you are talking about Moorhead, you have to include the old Dairy Queen. Home of the Dilly Bar.

http://www.moorheaddairyqueen.com/sp...ails.php?ID=15

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

If you are talking about Moorhead, you have to include the old Dairy Queen. Home of the Dilly Bar.

http://www.moorheaddairyqueen.com/sp...ails.php?ID=15
        Ohh yes, forgot about the Dairy Queen. Actually did a story about it as a student journalist at MSUM. People flock there on opening day, even when it's freezing cold.

I should add I live in Bemidji now so I can give input for those traveling to see the Beavers:
        • For BBQ, there's CK Dudley's which has a lot of good stuff on their menu.
        • For Thai, there is Tara's in downtown Bemidji. Very good food and a selection of craft beers.
        • Downtown Bemidi also has Slurp, a ramen restaurant.
        • If you're in the mood for a traditional bar and grill atmosphere, I'd recommend Bar 209, lot of great items, like their Philly.
        • Closest to the campus is The Bunkhouse, which is a bar but also serves breakfast all day.
        • Mexican, there is a restaurant in northern Bemidji called Mi Rancho with authentic Mexican food.
        • For Irish, you'll want to check out Brigid's Pub, which offers a good selection of Irish food like Shepard's Pie.
        • There's also the brewery, Bemidji Brewing, which offers a small but really good menu. Their pretzels are amazing and they make nice IPAs.
        • If you're in the mood for really traditional bar food, think hamburger baskets, check out Keg N' Cork.

Comment

I enjoyed Dave's Pizza when I had a summer workshop in Bemidji.

http://davespizza.biz/

Comment

For Winona.
            Bloedows donuts for obvious reasons. You can get them at the Kwik Trips in town, there is even one right next to the stadium
            Rocco's pizza - really good thin crust pizza, try the Rocco Taco if you want something different
            Boat House - smaller restaurant downtown right on the River, has a nice outdoor patio- try the juicy lucy made with cheese curds!!
            Signatures Grill - nicer version of a casual bar and grill - I recommend the Walleye Tacos
            ChaChi's - our version of Chipotle. I go with the Chicken quesadilla, The burrito bowls are absolutely packed.
            Winona Sandwich company - really close to the stadium -lots of good options
            Acoustic Cafe - Another sandwich place with good options and good coffee
            Island City Brewery- Local microbrewery, no food but you can bring your own in.

Comment

This is definitely something that we should submit to Mr. Brown at Midco and have him at to his coverage of the NSIC

Comment

A few of the top spots in Marshall.... (I don't eat out much, so this is partly based on things I've heard over personal experience)

Wooden Nickel
                Varsity Pub (paninos!)
                Chicken Connection
                Mike's Cafe
                Brau Brothers Tap Room

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  A few of the top spots in Marshall.... (I don't eat out much, so this is partly based on things I've heard over personal experience)

Wooden Nickel
                  Varsity Pub (paninos!)
                  Chicken Connection
                  Mike's Cafe
                  Brau Brothers Tap Room
                  No Hitchin' Post?

Comment

Originally posted by Augie Skyhook View Post

No Hitchin' Post?
                    Meh, that place is good not great.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Agree. So-so at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Well, we know it's no Shay's Lounge.That, we know.
                        Last edited by Augie Skyhook; 08-28-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Downtown St Cloud has some great American, Asian and Indian restaurants. Here are a few of my favorites

??????White Horse (my favorite)
                          Olde Brick House (Irish)
                          House of Pizza (not cheap, but I'll pay for quality)
                          7west (great burgers)
                          ????Val's Hamburgers. They have the best fries in the state! A SC tradition!

Comment

Originally posted by StateU View Post
                            Downtown St Cloud has some great American, Asian and Indian restaurants. Here are a few of my favorites

??????White Horse (my favorite)
                            Olde Brick House (Irish)
                            House of Pizza (not cheap, but I'll pay for quality)
                            7west (great burgers)
                            ????Val's Hamburgers. They have the best fries in the state! A SC tradition!
                            Pick a spot for the next time I'm in the Granite City. Maybe mid-September?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Pick a spot for the next time I'm in the Granite City. Maybe mid-September?
                              Let's make that happen

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X