Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Also, I did hear there will be a concert at college town again that goes from 11-3 so again student attendance could lag. But then again, maybe the name UMD may convince students to go otherwise because historically the Mavs play bottom dwellers for homecoming.
    Why the hell do they have a concert from 11-3? Have it at night. Someone needs their rear end kicked.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Why the hell do they have a concert from 11-3? Have it at night. Someone needs their rear end kicked.

Comment

The results are in. 6,171 (officially) at Mankato this afternoon.

How does MSU track student attendance? I wasn't logged anywhere when I shuffled through, which I thought was a bit odd. SMSU has card readers at the gate, but I didn't see a method for doing so at the Blake.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
          The results are in. 6,171 (officially) at Mankato this afternoon.

How does MSU track student attendance? I wasn't logged anywhere when I shuffled through, which I thought was a bit odd. SMSU has card readers at the gate, but I didn't see a method for doing so at the Blake.
          Crazy, my in-laws sent a picture during game and looked like one side (visitor side) barely was half full. Depends on timing though I suppose.

Comment

There were quite a few in the south end-zone (berm) during the first half; also the visitor side was fairly nearly full during the first half. So I'm not surprised at the 6k plus attendance estimate at the MSU game yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Crazy, my in-laws sent a picture during game and looked like one side (visitor side) barely was half full. Depends on timing though I suppose.
              Home side was pretty full, plus the berm and the Alumni tent in the southeast corner. At halftime with the score 35-0 things really emptied out. Tent was empty, berm was down to a single line, students left to celebrate. As the game went on I saw more and more people leaving. Some were heading to the hockey game.

Comment

Home side was pretty full, plus the berm and the Alumni tent in the southeast corner. At halftime with the score 35-0 things really emptied out. Tent was empty, berm was down to a single line, students left to celebrate. As the game went on I saw more and more people leaving. Some were heading to the hockey game.
                Must have been a 2nd half picture. I think everyone could have left after the 1st quarter.

Comment

Must have been a 2nd half picture. I think everyone could have left after the 1st quarter.
                  It had to be demoralizing for UMD. Everything MSU did that first half was right.

Comment

It had to be demoralizing for UMD. Everything MSU did that first half was right.
                    Stop brutalizing your opponents and people might stick around for the second half. ;) Seriously tho, Mankato is very good this year and Zylstra is a beast! (that was painful)

Comment

The stadium didn't fill up until mid-2nd or so and then cleared out pretty quickly in the 3rd after the Mavs had it locked up.

Lots of tailgaters took their time getting in. I actually thought the estimate was a little low. The berm was full, the visitors side appeared to be 3/4ths full after everyone filled in, the home side was pretty full and they had the alumni tent.

Duluth fans traveled well for this one too.

Comment

Of course the weather is all warm and sunny today. That would have brought another 1,000+ yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
                          Of course the weather is all warm and sunny today. That would have brought another 1,000+ yesterday.
                          The wind was terrible. Almost got blown off the berm. Could have done without that at the very least.

Comment

Haven't heard the official totals, but the radio broadcast said there were about 100 people total at the Alerus arena for the USF@Crookston game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                              Haven't heard the official totals, but the radio broadcast said there were about 100 people total at the Alerus arena for the USF@Crookston game.
                              On one hand that's kind of sad. On the other hand... that makes absolutely perfect sense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X